Yes! Domination Deity victory without ever losing one unit!

catweazle

Chieftain
I'm so excited, I had toe post it here.
Just won a domination deity victory without ever, in the entire history, lost not even one single unit.
Conditions: Standard, Marathon, Pangaea, The Netherlands, 21 opponents, no city-states, no barbarians, no goody huts/ruïns.
Strategy: bowmen rush, declared war on everybody, concentrate on defending en when the attackers were retreating, pick a weak opponent en followed them en conquered their capital (other cities I sometimes kept, but not in the first third part of the game).
Wack-a-mole strategy, so attack, make peace when the opponent was weakend and then attacked another one.
Slowly but steadily the number of conquered cities was rising.
About the year 1930 my strongest opponent had the Manhattan Project, but being small and militairy weak, he luckily for me never built an atomic bom. I didn't either, because when I would and would use it, it would mean that I lost a "unit" (the A-bom).
My army consisted mostly of stealth bombers, mobile SAM's, the original bowmen, now upgraded to machine guns, some modern armours and rocket artilleries. I had no naval units, being on one big continent with some small islands. All the capitals were on the continent so I didn't need a navy. I defended myself from attacks from sea by machine guns and my superior airforce.
By the way, my victory was in the game-year 1974 and my happiness, whcih was almost all the time above zero, was since about 1920 deeply below zero (in the end at -162). Local uprisings were no problem for my many stealths.

The attached save-file is the situation some 20 turns before the victory.

Sorry about my english, it's not my native language.

Attachments

• Spel 69 standard niv.8 NL.Civ5Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 194
Congratulations! I'm usually happy if I'm just able to get my starting warrior through to the end.

Wow I didn't know happiness could go that low. How did you prevent your own cities from turning on you? I will have to check out your save once I get home.

Impressive win, with an impressively low happiness! Do some of the penalties start to level off when you get that low? It would strike me as difficult to war with a -324% combat penalty, being -2% combat per :c5unhappy:?

Congrats! I finished a domination game a few months ago with Melee only units (no ranged, air, missiles) on deity and it was a lot of fun!

If you haven't tried to kill the world with horse archers pre turn 150 its a lot of fun as well!

Top Bottom