YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Hi and thanks for the mod. Unfortunately I'm crashing at turn 31/32 with Japan on the Greatest Earth map, 20 civs and medium ruleset. Here's my lua.log.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 294
The Dale map was the first Civ5 map I modified back in 2010, so I'd like to suggest my version to you and Gedemon for addition. I added rivers, TSL, resources etc. and made it more eye pleasing for Atlas addicts. If you're interested, I would revisit and adjust it once more.

In YnAMP, it could simply be called "Small Earth Map", as in some areas (like Europe) there's hardly any room for more than the Civ capital. This would be interesting in the new game, though. One city can easily pass for a nation in Civ6, with its large-scale city district system (something that previous game instances could not deliver).
Your Earth map is my favorite (also the most downloaded on Workshop..?), hope to see it appear in Civ VI with random resource placement:crazyeye:

Just started a new game with Alpha.7 and the end turn wait has drastically increased (10 Civs, Giant Earth Map).

Going back to .6 for now.

Your Earth map is my favorite (also the most downloaded on Workshop..?), hope to see it appear in Civ VI with random resource placement:crazyeye:

RANDOM is already supported since the start :) you could change it in the vanilla settings before you start the game ...

Just started a new game with Alpha.7 and the end turn wait has drastically increased (10 Civs, Giant Earth Map).

Going back to .6 for now.

No difference, the Barbarians are the reason ...
the Giant Erath map is only usable in my opinion and from my PC (GTX 980TI, 16GB PC3200 DDR4 Ram, 4.5Ghz i7 CPU)
with only one BARBARIAN CAMP per Civ or NO Barbarians (not recommend, as you need them for some techs)

I seem to have an issue with the map... I know it's still in an early stage of development, but since my search in this topic didn't really come up with anything, I'm assuming it might not be a bug in general, so there might be something wrong with my system that could be fixed. I'll try describing it here, maybe some of you guys have an idea.

At the end of turn 84, when the next turn is being calculated, the game always seems to calculate the new turn for about 2-4 seconds, and then crashes to desktop.
I'm playing as Japan on the Giant Earth Map with the medium rule set, the map size set to enormous and a total of 16 civs, with no barbarians and no tribal villages.
I'm running a Windows 10 Anniversary 64bit OS on a Samsung Evo 850 SSD with an i7-5820k OCed at 4.0GHz with 16GB of RAM and a Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme.
Up until now, the mod had been running smoothly, with very little loading times between turns and no noticable problems.
I don't think anything I've done with my faction during the turn could have caused the problem, since by the end of the turn nothing gets built, no units really move and nothing really is happening with my faction. There is an Indian Hindu apostle coming into view that wasn't there before though (problably to backstab my good ol' Japan-friendly Shinto buddies in Seoul) , shortly before the crash happens, so I don't know if that has anything to do with.... well, anything.

I'll include the exe.dmp here, not sure if that's of any use...

So... If you need any more info or if any of you guys might have any ideas how to solve this, I'd greatly appreciate it... I'd really love to continue my game on this amazing map, it's been such fun until now. =)
Giant Earth with 20 civs crashes as japan at turn 137/138 with disabled. See Lua attached.
Hi and thanks for the mod. Unfortunately I'm crashing at turn 31/32 with Japan on the Greatest Earth map, 20 civs and medium ruleset. Here's my lua.log.
ATM I can only help for problems during the map creation (IE at first launch of a new game)

You are great ....

Also has not yet possibility to change name of the city ?

It's too bad because have a extraordinary map (thanks thanks thanks) and not being aple to bénefit fully her .... It's overwhelming !!

Because "La Rochelle" at the place to Rome or "Marseille" at the place to Londres it's not funny ... but humorous so.
Already in the "to do" list

Are you planning on giving civs there correct starting location based on their leader's capital? Currently St Petersburg is in Moscow, Aachen is in Berlin and Cairo is in Mecca, just to name a few. Although it could cause issues with Egypt/Arabia and if Greece appears twice.
yes.

For some bizarre reason the game is no longer detecting any version of this mod for me after I installed the .7 version. No matter which version of the mod Im using or even completely re-installing civ 6 the mod dosent appear in the additional content menu for me. Its strange as the modding.log shows the game finding and loading the mod, but not adding a status line like the other mods

EDIT: I was able to get the mod to work by changing the mod id, I guess another mod I had was created from the same base file or something
Do you which is the other mod ?

Launching GEM was not given map size option and was unable to select more than 8 civs. I used latest version and deleted the previous version folder before install.
See "known issues" in FP, workaround ATM is to select another size (any) while you have a standard map script selected.

Right now, I have no plans for a new earth map. As my old one is already included here, there's no point in publishing it myself. I'd rather help with polishing YnAMP.

the giant earth map never loaded and froze my game had to A+C+del than sign out to get out.

I've been away from the forum for a long time and haven't done any serious modding myself since Civ3. I was certainly surprised when Civ6 did not ship with an earth map. Many thanks to you for getting such a fantastic map out so quickly. My civs seem to have spawned in historically accurate locations (there was even a tab marked for it) but not all of the civs spawned. I saw somewhere on the previous 27 pages of posts that there is a work around but I didn't understand the steps.

Okay, I guess we're at least 3 people here now with the same problem. And it seems to be a problem with Japan, we all have that in common. I guess at least we're getting somewhere... ^^
Are your crashes already on the Alpha .7 of the map with the reworked Japan?

I play as China, giant earth, alpha 7. My capital is Asia, where it should be, but it says continet: Antarctica. And when I occupied Hong Kong, it said you discovered a new continet: Africa.
Is this only my case or this will be fixed?

I play as China, giant earth, alpha 7. My capital is Asia, where it should be, but it says continet: Antarctica. And when I occupied Hong Kong, it said you discovered a new continet: Africa.
I had one game where the continents were correct, then never again. I think the continent names are just random and I had luck once.

Okay, I guess we're at least 3 people here now with the same problem. And it seems to be a problem with Japan, we all have that in common. I guess at least we're getting somewhere... ^^
Are your crashes already on the Alpha .7 of the map with the reworked Japan?

I had the game crash with japan at turn 138, no matter the amount of reloads it didn't change anything. Even reloading earlier saves still made the game crash at turn 138.

So I started a complete new japan game with the same rule sets and: It doesn't crash at that turn and I can just keep playing. I have no idea what the reason could be but the reason probably has to lie somewhere in the map generation I would assume ... Maybe there is a tile somewhere that gets created sometimes that crashes the game if the ai settles it? Who the hell knows...

Very very important request:

Can you please add an option to make Istanbul Bosphorus walkable with only one tile so a city built on this tile can connect Black sea to Aegean see?

Thank you.

I tried the new True Start option for the Great Map, and Russia still starts in the wrong area, where I have it below seems to be the most accurate spot.

There are also no fish or crabs on the coastal tiles, no whales, truffles, deer, sheep, or iron nearby, and there isn't a true Lake Ladoga, the largest lake in Europe.

I understand it is still in Alpha, but I am just pointing these things out.

Is there also an option to control the amount of city-states that spawn?

Thank you again, for your hard work.

Attachments

• Not Yet Another Earth Map Civ 6 Great Earth St. Petersburg Most Accurate Placement.png
    Not Yet Another Earth Map Civ 6 Great Earth St. Petersburg Most Accurate Placement.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,366
  • Saint Petersburg RU Lake Ladoga Helsinki.png
    Saint Petersburg RU Lake Ladoga Helsinki.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 353
I had the game crash with japan at turn 138, no matter the amount of reloads it didn't change anything. Even reloading earlier saves still made the game crash at turn 138.

So I started a complete new japan game with the same rule sets and: It doesn't crash at that turn and I can just keep playing. I have no idea what the reason could be but the reason probably has to lie somewhere in the map generation I would assume ... Maybe there is a tile somewhere that gets created sometimes that crashes the game if the ai settles it? Who the hell knows...

Yeah, that seems possible. But since the game crashes on different turns for all of us, ranging from around 30 to around 200, the crash might still happen even for your new game. Give us a heads up if you manage to complete the game without crashing, yeah? =)

Yeah, that seems possible. But since the game crashes on different turns for all of us, ranging from around 30 to around 200, the crash might still happen even for your new game. Give us a heads up if you manage to complete the game without crashing, yeah? =)
to be honest I don't really feel like playing that game anymore since I just build stuff to get through the turns without thinking too much about it ...

I'd like to see the savegames with Japan, it's always on the greatest earth map ?

See the to do list in FP.

I'd like to see the savegames with Japan, it's always on the greatest earth map ?

See the to do list in FP.

No, for me it was on the Giant Earth Map. I only got a quicksave from Turn 55 left, not sure if it's going to help you. The crash happened nearly 100 turns after.

Attachments

• quicksave.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
Top Bottom