YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I've come across a bug and I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this. I'm playing on a Giant continents map. So far I have come a across two locations on the same map where there are three adjoining tiles of impassable Grassland terrain. An image is attached.

Edit: this may be caused by a conflict between natural wonders mods. I'm using a variety of them. The logs are not giving me anything definitive. But it just occurred to me that I haven't come across a single natural wonder.

Attachments

• Impassable Grassland.png
    Impassable Grassland.png
    4 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Gedemon, I know you are busy, but is there any way to make the start/restart function not waste our time? It takes so long for the game to load and start that bad starts are extremely frustrating.

It doesn't even matter if some people like that added challenge. A lot of users do not.

Ideas/situations:

1) I start always on deity level marathon and the largest map and most city states. If I could slow tech down to 1/0th as fast as it is and reduce production costs by a factor of 10 I would do that as well. THAT is civilization much more like it was. Vast armies fairly quickly produced and slow tech progress.
2) I want to limit the valid starts to a city with at least 2 plots within its starting reach of 1 that have 2/2 food and production and I want a checkbox for force river and force coastal.
3) I want to ensure that an enemy capital is not within 16 plots of my start. Starting on epic with an enemy capital within 10 is useless death in most cases unless they just magically attack each other.
4) I want to tone down the insane barbarians. I DO NOT want to eliminate barbarians which is the stupid control we do have. I just want my 12 city 2000 BC persian empire to face a fair threat from the enemy and not a 3 turn explosion of 3 longswordsmen and 2 crossbowmen and 2 scouts when I still have only archers and warriors. That is simply insanely nonsensical. My whole empire could not even begin to have produced that stuff but 1 barbarian encampment does? Really that is simply beyond stupid. And barbarians most often historically threatened cities and took bribes. They should do that instead of attack and destroy. What moron destroys their bread basket?
5) Along the lines of 2 above I want a no desert and no tundra checkbox. Yeah I am demanding I know. Also the starting city, even on legendary sometimes has no luxuries at all. That is simply stupid and I am not interested in that setup. It completely ******s the ability of the empire to make war. i find such a game longterm almost untenable.
6) Nearest coastline to first city needs to have sea resources, and not be the 1 area of blank coastline in the game. That can ruin a start. The second city in my planning is almost always the coastal one unless I conquer one first (often). It can ruin the game if it is a blank coastal dead zone, which is fairly often.
7) Why are camps so pathetic in this version of civ? Deer camps should have base 2 food, even on tundra. I watch Life below zero you know. Deys lots o caribou. Bou is everywhere. So is fishes.

Gedemon
I’m playing with the ynaemp mods on giant earth (62 civs/city states) and I can start games fine but can’t load a saved game. Have you come across this before? Is there a load order issue for saved games (similar to the load order issue you fixed for starting new games)? I’m using a number of new civ mods (mostly made by Gedemo). Would really appreciate a fix. If you need me to send Kia logs I can
Thanks!

I want to play with all possible leaders and city-states. Total 66 players. I choose the number of city-states 30, but the game lacks 4 pieces. If the opportunity to implement the 36 leaders and 30 city states?
62 is the absolute max allowed by the game (there are 64 player slots but 1 is used for barbarian and 1 is used for free cities)

I've come across a bug and I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this. I'm playing on a Giant continents map. So far I have come a across two locations on the same map where there are three adjoining tiles of impassable Grassland terrain. An image is attached.

Edit: this may be caused by a conflict between natural wonders mods. I'm using a variety of them. The logs are not giving me anything definitive. But it just occurred to me that I haven't come across a single natural wonder.
You may have used the Terra Mirabilis release that had an issue with the user setting file, updating it should fix the issue if you still have it.

Gedemon, I know you are busy, but is there any way to make the start/restart function not waste our time? It takes so long for the game to load and start that bad starts are extremely frustrating.

It doesn't even matter if some people like that added challenge. A lot of users do not.

Ideas/situations:

1) I start always on deity level marathon and the largest map and most city states. If I could slow tech down to 1/0th as fast as it is and reduce production costs by a factor of 10 I would do that as well. THAT is civilization much more like it was. Vast armies fairly quickly produced and slow tech progress.
2) I want to limit the valid starts to a city with at least 2 plots within its starting reach of 1 that have 2/2 food and production and I want a checkbox for force river and force coastal.
3) I want to ensure that an enemy capital is not within 16 plots of my start. Starting on epic with an enemy capital within 10 is useless death in most cases unless they just magically attack each other.
4) I want to tone down the insane barbarians. I DO NOT want to eliminate barbarians which is the stupid control we do have. I just want my 12 city 2000 BC persian empire to face a fair threat from the enemy and not a 3 turn explosion of 3 longswordsmen and 2 crossbowmen and 2 scouts when I still have only archers and warriors. That is simply insanely nonsensical. My whole empire could not even begin to have produced that stuff but 1 barbarian encampment does? Really that is simply beyond stupid. And barbarians most often historically threatened cities and took bribes. They should do that instead of attack and destroy. What moron destroys their bread basket?
5) Along the lines of 2 above I want a no desert and no tundra checkbox. Yeah I am demanding I know. Also the starting city, even on legendary sometimes has no luxuries at all. That is simply stupid and I am not interested in that setup. It completely ******s the ability of the empire to make war. i find such a game longterm almost untenable.
6) Nearest coastline to first city needs to have sea resources, and not be the 1 area of blank coastline in the game. That can ruin a start. The second city in my planning is almost always the coastal one unless I conquer one first (often). It can ruin the game if it is a blank coastal dead zone, which is fairly often.
7) Why are camps so pathetic in this version of civ? Deer camps should have base 2 food, even on tundra. I watch Life below zero you know. Deys lots o caribou. Bou is everywhere. So is fishes.
Yeah, sorry, I don't do external gameplay requests, not until I've finished my own gameplay requests, which are going to keep me busy for a few years...

Gedemon
I’m playing with the ynaemp mods on giant earth (62 civs/city states) and I can start games fine but can’t load a saved game. Have you come across this before? Is there a load order issue for saved games (similar to the load order issue you fixed for starting new games)? I’m using a number of new civ mods (mostly made by Gedemo). Would really appreciate a fix. If you need me to send Kia logs I can
Thanks!
Post your modding/lua logs there after trying to reload a game I'll have a look

Small update (gitHub/Steam)
Code:
- allows external mods to set Starting Location Resources
- allows units placement on start using XML/SQL

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

Beta 7.3.4

• allows external mods to set Starting Location Resources
  • allows units placement on start using XML/SQL
  • fix some cases of wrong coordinates conversion when using some sections of the map
  • expand "Colonization" section of the Giant Earth a bit more to the East (to include Russia, Egypt, Arabia)
  • add "-- Lake" tag at the end of corresponding lines for export data
  • update the (commented out) export code for a civ5 map
  • try to get an adjacent replacement plot when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Beta 7.3.4

My config:
- 8GB Ram
- a graphic card 4GB of VRAM (NVidia)
Use, GiantEarth & Enormous

The game hangs intermittently.
Even if I use only this script and nothing else!

Hi!
Got a problem with this mod:
I downloaded the 7.3.4, extracted it on docs/my games/civ6/mods/
Mod activated on Additional content.
And there is no more maps available when I try to create a new solo game.
Am I missing something?
It's the only mod I have.
I tried with the 6.3, the 6.2, the 6.1 and 6.0 aswell with the same results.

Btw, should we report misplaced Continents to you? I remember finding few plots randomly misplaced (New Guinea somewhere in Siberia and stuff like that).

Beta 7.3.4

My config:
- 8GB Ram
- a graphic card 4GB of VRAM (NVidia)
Use, GiantEarth & Enormous

The game hangs intermittently.
Even if I use only this script and nothing else!
The game's has lost some stability since release, 2 years ago I was able to play on ludicrous earth with 30+ civs without any issues for a full game.

Today I feel lucky when that map is loading without CTD.

I can't help with that.

But For what it's worth, Giant and Enormous are not causing me much trouble this days, I think that one of the latest update brought back a bit of stability, still in a full game at that size I expect at least 1 or 2 CTD to happen.

Hi!
Got a problem with this mod:
I downloaded the 7.3.4, extracted it on docs/my games/civ6/mods/
Mod activated on Additional content.
And there is no more maps available when I try to create a new solo game.
Am I missing something?
It's the only mod I have.
I tried with the 6.3, the 6.2, the 6.1 and 6.0 aswell with the same results.
Post in the bug report section with your lua, modding and database logs please.

And of course, make sure you've read the Common Issues (please read before posting) post first.

Btw, should we report misplaced Continents to you? I remember finding few plots randomly misplaced (New Guinea somewhere in Siberia and stuff like that).
Yes, with screenshot if possible, and in the corresponding map's thread, TIA.

We’re getting a gathering storms post update right ?
I'll try.

2 possibilities:
- the new mechanism are moddable (ie fully controllable from mods: where, when, how) and I'll get the expansion as soon as I have this certitude, in that case update is certain.
- they are not moddable, then I've no reason to buy the expansion, and the update will depend on the data people bring back. I'm afraid it will be tricky in that case, as I suppose that, contrary to R&F, the map generation code will change a lot, and YnAMP base is linked to this core code.

Settup:
-64GB of RAM
-ASUS RTX 2080Ti Nvidia GPU with 11GB VRAM
-17 5960X at 4.2GHZ

Graphics settings set to absolute minimum for performance optimizing, leader animations also off.
32 Civs, 30 CS.

Game can never load up map, always CTD using the LUDICROUS map size. :(

Giant Earth works just fine though.

Ludicrous Earth or a script at ludicrous size?

YnAMP 7.3.4 Ludicrous Earth script, yes. Retrieved/subscribed from the Steam workshop itself.
That map is very unstable since the 2017 summer patch (version 1.0.0.167 / 27-Jul-17)

AFAIK the only versions of the game that can handle that size are the spring patch (version 1.0.0.129 / 28-Mar-17) or earlier versions of Civilization IV.

It's in the mod because a few people have reported that they can still play it, and it doesn't seems to be a hardware issue, they had :
Core i7-7700, 32 GB of RAM, a M.2 SSD, and a GTX1060 with 6 GB of video ram
or
i7 2800 with GT 730 and 8 Gb RAM

as reported on page 2 of the comments here :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176592003

I can't play with it, I can load it sometimes, but it will crash on a reveal all on both my PC

So that's why the map is in red in the list and the tooltip says : "VERY UNSTABLE at full size - Use the custom options to set a game on a region of the map."

IE you can use it to play on a part of the world, but not the full map.

Maybe one day a new patch for the game will restore the previous stability from before 1.0.0.167, and everyone will be able to play it again.

For the Maori start we need to decide whether we will start them on an ocean tile, or where their capital actually is. My suggestion (if possible) is to make it where when strict TSL is not set, they start on the closest ocean tile to the North island of New Zealand. If strict TSL is set (They start with a city) the city is spawned on the North island of New Zealand.

Edit: only problem is that A.I. may be derpy and fail to settle New Zealand if it spawns in the ocean.

My ideas for the start locations of the Maori (This can be applied to all the maps as they have the same general ocean shape.
Spawn 1 is good for both starting in the ocean, but also guaranteeing that the Maori SHOULD inhabit New Zealand.
Spawn 2 is relatively equidistant from all the major Polynesian Islands (Hawaii, New Zealand, whatever that big island to the East is)
Forced TSL Spawn is how it sounds, where you spawn if you start the game with a city instead of a settler.

I would be fine with either Spawn 1 or Spawn 2, I can definitely see the appeal in both, but I think the AI will struggle a bit more with Spawn 2 and it also means players will be spending a long time in the ocean before they can settle down (Although I think that was kind of the intended point as well). What do you all think?

My ideas for the start locations of the Maori (This can be applied to all the maps as they have the same general ocean shape.
Spawn 1 is good for both starting in the ocean, but also guaranteeing that the Maori SHOULD inhabit New Zealand.
Spawn 2 is relatively equidistant from all the major Polynesian Islands (Hawaii, New Zealand, whatever that big island to the East is)
Forced TSL Spawn is how it sounds, where you spawn if you start the game with a city instead of a settler.

I would be fine with either Spawn 1 or Spawn 2, I can definitely see the appeal in both, but I think the AI will struggle a bit more with Spawn 2 and it also means players will be spending a long time in the ocean before they can settle down (Although I think that was kind of the intended point as well). What do you all think?
The Maori could also spawn just northeast of the North Island; the AI could end up settling in Australia if Spawn 1 were used.

I really like the idea of Spawn 2 if I were to be playing the Maori, because then I would have the ability to choose to settle Hawaii, New Zealand, Samoa, etc.It would definitely make games more interesting. The problem is that the AI is really dumb, and we need to assume the AI will likely be dumb in settling. I would say the AI settling any of those three islands to be a victory, but realistically if we put them in Spawn 2 they will likely settle on a 1 tile island or just end up settling New Guinea or Australia. Which is frustrating.

@God of Kings you are probably right that putting them northeast of the north island would be the best way to get the AI to settle New Zealand, but I feel like it would be a pretty boring start for the player. Its essentially putting them in a place purely so they get the "disadvantage" of not spawning on land in the beginning, because New Zealand is the only viable settling spot.

Top Bottom