You can help me :)

Diakasha

Chieftain
Dear Civ 5 player,

I need your help! I'm a 'casual' PC-gamer who also happened to study archaeology. For my bachelor thesis in archaeology I made a short (completely anonymous) 10-question survey to figure out if, by using video games like Sid Meier's Civilization 5, a wider public can be involved in archaeology.

I could really use your help by filling out my short survey, linked below. It will only take 2 to 3 minutes of your time (which is very doable right? :)).
https://leidenuniv.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3BHrXJpE4zJ1z6Z

Thank you so much in advance for helping me with my research! If you know anyone else who plays this awesome game, please let them fill it out as well; every filled out survey helps me with my research. If you have any questions, please message me :)

Happy gaming!
Diakasha

I noticed some replies on the survey, thanks for filling it out! It's helping me a lot already :D

Hi Diakasha

I am just doing the survey for you now...though I hope you don't mind if I add some comments as I do it? I am a tad bit anal as you will no doubt see....!!!

1. How important are the options below for you in a video game?
This totally depends on what genre of game I am playing. For example, a game like Civ, the graphics are no where near as important as, say, playing Skyrim or any RPG. I have given answers for a strategy game like Civilization (or is that what you meant, because if so, it needs to be made clear).

2. After playing Sid Meier's Civilization V, would you be more interested than before playing to...
I just wanted to add that archaeological aspects not really, but Civ has made me look up many historical aspects. Just so you know....!

3. In what video game genre would you like to see real-life archaeology appear?
There is no NONE option!!

Hope this helps, although you are probably thinking right now "WTF is this geezer on about?!" Lol......... :lol::lol:

David

@david1806
Haha, Thanks for doing the survey and adding the comments! I'm afraid I cannot change my survey questions or answers anymore, but I think I can use your comments nonetheless at the point where I process the data and add my discussion chapter in my thesis :)

Diakasha

3. In what video game genre would you like to see real-life archaeology appear?
There is no NONE option!!

David

I don't remember what I answered for this question but thinking about it some more the early Assassin's Creed games did a great job of mixing real-life archaeological and historical events with the sci-fi stuff to put together a pretty good story. Now I am only going up to the last game Desmond was in. Lost interest in that series after that but it has worked in the RPG genre like AC and I can see it working in other games.

Top Bottom