You have founded a new religion

TheBirdMan

Prince
I have long time ago learned about the..... should I call it...... double naming of the techs, that leads to Islam (Religious_Law and Theocracy).

But that there might be some more "shortcuts or cross-over" somewhere in the code - that is new to me. Screenshots shown below tells me, that some ideas have been tested in some dark hours back in time - rejected, but not totally removed from the game.

I have never-never seen anything like those before - but I'm sure, that if I hadn't tried to rearrage some of the religious techs in the techtree for my spinn-off, I would never have seen them. This it not shomething, the gameengine itself has made out of nothing - but what is/was this????

Spoiler What do you wish to call it :

Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0064.JPG

Yes, here you can actually choose 2 times in the same turn - but sometimes you "only" get 3 options and can "only" choose 1 time.

Ohhh, and one thing more. Above has also learned me to keep my small nasty fingers away from the religious techs and "just" make the other changes I wanted to do in my spinn-off. Because when I try to include changes related to religion, the game will crash already in the early game. And - just in case - only to make very few changes and then test them. Then make a few more changes and...... etc. etc., even though this will take oceans of time.

That is the custom game option to choose a new religion. It's in base BtS, but makes no sense in RI due to balance between different religions based on where they are in the tech tree, so it's disabled permanently.

That is the custom game option to choose a new religion. It's in base BtS, but makes no sense in RI due to balance between different religions based on where they are in the tech tree, so it's disabled permanently.
Somehow my changes in the techtree enabled it - I do not know why - and that leads to a crash. But that is to be expected if/when "something" calls a function, that shouldn't be active.

So there is nothing else to do but proceed with extreme caution when it comes to changes in the religious area (hmmm, it almost sounds like something from the "real world"). Or drop that part......

Top Bottom