You know whats scary

Obssesed Nuker

Resident Nuclear Launcher
The Soviet Union produced 250 suitcase bombs(nukes inside a suitcase) after the Soviet Unions collapse 150 of these weapons went "missing".

Originally posted by Obssesed Nuker
The Soviet Union produced 250 suitcase bombs(nukes inside a suitcase) after the Soviet Unions collapse 150 of these weapons went "missing".

A link to your source would be helpful.

I know all about this! I read a book buy an ex-SAS guy called CHris Ryan. The book was the Kremlin Device and was about the SAS doing th same thing to Moscow. "Just in case"...........

I'm not that worried over this.
There are probably lots of security codes built in those bombs in order they won't go off at inappropriate moments. It's a lot more complicated to let those bombs go off than just pushin a button.

what? you have to personally be there when the bomb goes off?

Let's just say that there are many things that must be done, in the correct order and in the right timing, in order for a weapon to have a "significant nuclear yield". (And BTW, when experts talk about "significant nuclear yield", they mean one where the *nuclear* part is the equivilent of 1 (one) stick of TNT.)

Of course, if all you want is a "dirty bomb", i.e., a conventional explosion that spews radioactive material, that's no harder than any other conventional explosive.

(Edit: spelling)

Come on. Do you think that the buyers of these weapons are just the ordinary Joe Smith, the man on the street, I think not. Those guys probably know how to make a bomb like that go off properly.

So what to do if some group holds Washington D.C. ransom? What if the demand was over a specific foreign policy?

Originally posted by Homie
Come on. Do you think that the buyers of these weapons are just the ordinary Joe Smith, the man on the street, I think not. Those guys probably know how to make a bomb like that go off properly.
Nuclear devices are very complicated things, it's not so that every bomb is the same and especially these things are not very common, even for nuclear experts. I doubt the manual is provided along with it whenever you buy it from some mob-gang in Russia so therefore I'm not worried that terrorists -or even the Iraqi government- that have gotten their hands on such a thing will actually be able to let it explode.
However, just getting the nuclear material out and just spread it by a conventional blast is going to be quite disastrous. I don't know how difficult this is but I don't think it's just as easy as many may think...

I think the U.S. has had a couple of "suitcase" nukes go missing as well. I always thought the term referred to nukes that could be carried by one person, not necessarily nukes that are small enough to fit in a suitcase.

I just hope that these suitcase bombs are in the safe hands of communists to prevent a complete capitalist take-over of all that is good and pure.

Yeah, better put weapons of unimaginable destruction in the safe hands of guys like Kim Jong Il and Fidel Castro.

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Yeah, better put weapons of unimaginable destruction in the safe hands of guys like Kim Jong Il and Fidel Castro.

yeah, in the hands of that guy you got for president is the only place on earth where they are safe, right?

Originally posted by Dynamic Cow

yeah, in the hands of that guy you got for president is the only place on earth where they are safe, right?

:lol: , what makes you say that?

All this because Newfangle desperately tried to demonstrate his mediocre sense of red humor.

I believe it's your bedtime now! :lol:

Originally posted by Dynamic Cow

in short, YES.

If terrorists have them (as implied by the author) and have the means to detonate one, you'd have to be naive to think that atleast one of these 150 or whatever wouldn't have been used by now.

Terrorism is about creating fear. They detonate a nuke and kill 100,000 people and they will be feared world wide. If they had the bomb and the means to detonate one, some groups would have used one by now guaranteed.

Top Bottom