• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

You will not believe this start

budweiser

King of the Beers
Its amazing.

Moderator Action: ...and has nothing to do in the strategy subforum.
-> moved to GD.

Especially if you can put a city on that gold lux near your spearmen. Now THAT will be a killer city with the incas.
should be a peaceful and uneventful game :)

Especially if you can put a city on that gold lux near your spearmen. Now THAT will be a killer city with the incas.
should be a peaceful and uneventful game :)

Agreed. Relatively easy to defend, as long as Dido is not a neighbor.

The original site is dang good, but I'm looking at the site to the east and going "Mt Sinai, next to a riverbed, with Wheat, Sheep, and Stone all around and a short reach to that Gold? Start saving for a GE to get Petra and you'll have a nice two-city right in that basin."
;)

How can you play without resource & tile yield icons :cry:

Very well, without a bunch of pointless icons to show me what I can already see just by looking at the screen. :)

Yes, you are able to build an observatory next to Mt Sinai.

Hey Budweiser,

I'd be interested to know where you end up putting your second (third?) city. At first glance I'd put it on the River next to the wonder, but I don't know I'm necessarily the best player in terms of city placement. I could also see putting one on the gold (to take advantage of those mountain-hills) and making a third one a bit further south.

Hey Budweiser,

I'd be interested to know where you end up putting your second (third?) city. At first glance I'd put it on the River next to the wonder, but I don't know I'm necessarily the best player in terms of city placement. I could also see putting one on the gold (to take advantage of those mountain-hills) and making a third one a bit further south.

Yes, I bee-lined for that wonder spot. Then there were 2 more spots up north along with the one you mention on the coast, so at least 5 total.

But, things did not go so smoothly and after about 100 turns I dropped out because an invasion was immenant. Not that I couldnt have defended but, should not have had to bother...

This is clearly a Desert Folklore map and instead I took One with Nature, that kinda gimped me.

I would also put it on the flood plains / river tile right next to Sinai (and between two Wheat in the northwest and southwest).

You get immediate access to Sinai and two Flood Plains wheat. You have sheep in your 2nd ring, and eventually you will get 3 more wheat, 2 stone, and gold in your third ring. More importantly, you have 7 desert hills for Petra. It's a bit close to your capital but I think it's worth it. And being next to Sinai gives you an observatory.

Top Bottom