Your Favorite Traits? (C3C)

Your two favorite traits?

• Total voters

Longasc

Deity
Well, vote for your favorite TWO traits. :)

-- TWO --

not two sets of traits or four, TWO!

Sci/Com. (= Korea or Greece). Don´t want to argue why - the wolves are after me.

Like Agricultural & Scientific.

Faster growth from the former & cheap libraries & universities + the era tech bonus from the latter make these my favorites. Too bad the Sumerian UU is one of my least favorite. Maybe I'll mod to swap the Sipahi, Samuri or War Elephant for the Enkidu Warrior.

The new ones are the best: agricultural and seafaring

Agr for explosive growth and the ability to settle in the desert.

Sea for the +1 move and only 25% sink chance for galleys. You'll discover those overseas civs long before your rivals, making you the only conduit for intercontinental tech trading for centuries.

Agricultural is a monster! :mischief: but I've found that Seafaring is alot of
fun :viking: and Military brings on those beastly ARMIES :eek: ;) . The only
civs I really play is Celts, Vikings and Iroquois in solo games :D .

Two voters picked FOUR traits.

Please choose TWO TRAITS. Not more. Just two.

Sorry Longasc I voted before I read the first post which said only 2 traits

Agricultural and Expansionist. Pity they completely ruined that civ (Inca) by giving them a truly awful UU :)

Damn, I was thinking about the Incans as a good Civ for a Deity try, Gainy. You know, those pesky barbs really turn me off when I want settlers and techs... the value of the Expansionist trait is undeniable in this regard.

Well, at least the Chasqui Scout can be a military police unit... and otherwise be the example what an UU should not be. :)

Something must be wrong, I could follow your thoughts and they were logical... damn, I am probably sick, the first time I agreed with you. :)

Longasc: One problem with Expanionist on Deity (and up) is the very rare case of getting anything of value. There is a thread somewhere that details what the odds are in getting settlers, techs, etc when popping a hut based on game level. If I remember right, at dietyand up, it's 0% for a settler or city.

Damn. Well, I play Demigod. Doc Tsiolkovski already mentioned that at this Level Expansionist shines the most -> I got Settlers/Cities.

It really does depend a lot on what victory I'm going for, But SCI/COM do seem to be two of my favourites.
Science is good because you always have cheap buildings that help your tech and give your cultural boundaries.
Commercial seems to work well, anything that gives money cant be bad ;)

On the other end of the scale (sorry if it's getting off topic) I find militiristic and expansionist almost useless.
Militiristic mainly seems less wothless because of the ability to build armies, toning down an otherwise good trait.
I also dont like anything that will only help you for a short period in the game - even if it is the super important expansionist phase, which is my dislike for expansionist.

Agricultural and Seafaring with Scientific and Industrious tied for third.

I am probably the only one who picked my trait combo, so I'll explain why. Seafaring and Commericial (yep, the English), because the two of those together will allow you to be the commercial giant, with the advantage much more pronounced at the end (metros and half priced commercial docks). But having huge amounts of gpt is so much more satisfying to me than a good warmongerer or quick expander. So even though I would probably choose the Inca to test out the next higher level, playing as the English is just so much fun. And I have never even once used their UU.

My 2 favorites are Scientific and Agricultural (Sumeria, which also happens to have a nice UU.) In second, Seafaring and Industrious are two good traits as well (even with the toning down of Industrious in C3C.)

Top Bottom