Your most effective designs

Shields, Cannons, and Engines with the stealth wonder is the most overpowered build in the game. Unless the enemy has upgraded scanners your literally impossible to find. You can easily beat the game with just one ship on hard and probably very hard too.

Shields, Cannons, and Engines with the stealth wonder is the most overpowered build in the game. Unless the enemy has upgraded scanners your literally impossible to find. You can easily beat the game with just one ship on hard and probably very hard too.

Yeah, that I my favourite build too. Combined with the cloaking wonder it is amazing.

I found that putting Quantum Suppression at Level 6 and Level 8 Cloaking means even a close range scan with level 6 sensors (the highest I've ever seen the enemies get up to) won't even find your ship.
Dual Command though puts any ship into OP heaven.

I found that putting Quantum Suppression at Level 6 and Level 8 Cloaking means even a close range scan with level 6 sensors (the highest I've ever seen the enemies get up to) won't even find your ship.
Dual Command though puts any ship into OP heaven.

After Cloaking, that's my favorite wonder. Combine it with the wonder that lets your ship move three tiles instead of one with the boosters then you can get 10 moves and an attack or thirteen moves, plus you'll be invisible the entire time. Ludicrous!

This game needs some serious balancing, though I doubt it will get it. Honestly, I don't even care if it gets it, because it's pretty fun as it is.

IMHO, fighters 1, torpedoes 1, cannon 1, shields 3 and enough engines to achieve 4 speed are a must in the early game, and is how I invariably upgrade my only ship at the beggining of the game. Purchasing armour instead of shields in the early game seems to lead to horrifying repair bills, unless you go for harmony. It is possible to branch out later in the game, though.

I know I'm late but I just got this game lol.

I like to upgrade my 2 main ships first.

I like to run fast ships, with plasma cannons and fighters. I pop a shot, run behind the asteroids. If I get the Dual Command it's ridiculous.

After that I build fast ships with fully upgraded lasers and nothing else. Gives me a sort of 1-2 punch.

Not a fan of torpedoes at all.

Top Bottom