ZP St.Stephen 3.0

Zerver... let me say that your work is always hit or miss with me... love some of it, hate some of it...

In this case, it's a hit... love it Zerver... keep at it! Great job! :goodjob:

Looks very good to me.:)

Great leaderhead. To me the angle at which you see the background is all wrong though, you appear to be looking up at the ceiling, which would require StStephan to float in the air over your head ;) So I guess I will have to look for a different background (easily fixed).

Is that just my impression ?

EDIT: which cathedral is that ? Maybe I can find a pic with a 'better' angle.

Perfect, Zerver! Absolutely perfect!

which cathedral is that ? Maybe I can find a pic with a 'better' angle.

Dont know, just googled "Hungarian church"

It's the Saint Stephen Basilica in Budapest:
Spoiler :

So The spirit of Saint Stephen flies in and talks from the church built in his honour 1000 years later and where his mummified fist is housed! :lol::lol::lol:

@Zerver: btw great work, as ever!

@mamba: maybe this pic is good for your proposal:

Spoiler :

It's the Saint Stephen Basilica in Budapest:

So The spirit of Saint Stephen flies in and talks from the church built in his honour 1000 years later and where his mummified fist is housed! :lol::lol::lol:

Hmm, that might explain the angle I was wondering about ;)

@Zerver: btw great work, as ever!

@mamba: maybe this pic is good for your proposal:

Spoiler :

Thanks, yes, the pic would work better, but I decided I have the same issue with it you do, it was not around at that time. Because of that, I am not sure I will use it - but then most of the buildings from 1000 AD are no longer around, so it will be difficult to use a contemporary background :)

I also thought that it could be the Saint Stepehen basilica, but I wasn't sure since I never was there personally. However, one could replace the background by the one the 2.0 version of Saint Stephen used. I liked that.

Would it be possible to tone down the color of the cape (cant remember the correct name) so it isnt so bright and somehow fix his moustache. It just doesnt look right somehow.

Well, I already planned to work a bit on this LH (to avoid that Zerver gets too stressed with all those requests). Before you have asked, I only thought of shadering the nose. At the moment it reminds me on this guy:

Hope that will work. I could also take time to work on the texture and reduce saturation etc. of the capes part. I could also reduce the light and work on the background. But I actually don't know how to change the beart and I am actually satisfied with it. I also don't know when I will have time to do this work since I have to finish some project for school.

EDIT: Shadered the nose now. In Sceneviewer it seems like it worked. I can't test it in civ4 now, because my system is busy with rendering my school project. Hope that the nose didn't only moved behind cyrus' original nose so that it is only covered, but in Sceneviwer it looks okay. Maybe I post a screenshot tomorow. Next thing to do is the light and the cape (although I started to like that cape).

EDIT2: Unfortunately I was wrong. The nose was moved up, so I didn't see it in sceneviewer. Cyrus' original nose (which I believed it would be the new one because the new nose' selection rectangle was placed at over the default nose) looked okay, of course. I think that I know how to fix that, but it requires more time. However. it maybe cleaner to remove the new nose and maybe transform the default one. I will have to go deeper in this matter. I will post here again only when I have finished all changes to not overly spam Zervers thread.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I thought this would fit to this thread.

Okay, I have updated Zervers LH. To not hijack his thread anymore, I posted it HERE (post #407, November 28). Please post any answer there. The LH is not yet part of the Magyar mod, if requested I can post a standalone package.

Top Bottom