Zululand attack 1892

Kev

Hired Goon
We have some transports within striking distance of Zululand filled with spies, howies, defense troops and even freight.

Looks like there are many cities in Zululand that are in chaos! Also, some of our undefeated navy have been softening up some of the coastal cities.

What are some thoughts on battle plans. It is our turn right now, so keep that in mind (the transports have not moved yet).

Sorry, Ren, that I'm posting this now. I know you're busy and I didn't know if you'd be able to get this thread up there.

North-East Transport: 7 veteran howitzer, 1 verteran alpine troops

Mid transport: 3 veteran spy, 1 veteran alpine troops, 1 wine freight from Marl Downs(none of the zulu cities demand wine)

South-West transport: 7 veteran howitzer, 1 veteran alpine troops

I think we should use the spies to bribe as many cities as possible.

We could bribe Swazi, and unload all of our howies at Intombe. From there, the rest of the cities are connected by railroad and will fall quickly.

Not a lot of people know this but I'm actually the Foreign Minister. So I dusted off my old Diplomacy phone and called that old fool Shaka to give him a chance to surrender. Through all the noise of burning cars and screaming rioters I heard the words

"Who you .... leave me lone! , surrender? to who, what is this I have plenty double glazing..."

Anyway I am certain that Consul Shaka was trying say that he won't surrender to the great Fanatica. Though with all that disorder I am not so sure about his people....

If the cities stay in disorder then we could strike at Intombe with our main force and then bribe some of the other cities.

Let's remember that Isandhlwana is now the Zulu capital - for whatever reason they changed at one point from Zimbabwe..

We have enough movement to get the transports to the small inlet by Swazi (just west of the fish). That means we can unload right onto the RR.

My thoughts would be bombard Swazi, Intombe and Isandhlwana with the battleships. That should empty Intombe and Swazi at least. Then sail by Swazi and offload an alpine troops into that empty city. Swazi will be ours. Then, land the howies one at a time on the rr and make a beeline to Isandhlwana. Our howies will only have one attack, but that'll be fine with 14 of them. When that city falls, go after the next capital city or Intombe if they don't build a new capital. We should just be able to send a unit to Intombe as the city will likely be empty.

Once those three cities are gone, send in the spies. I'd put one next to each city before I bribe any (to make sure partisans won't block any paths). Then, bribe the last three cities and the Zulus are gone in a single turn.

Another option could be to save Isandhlwana until last to be sure that no new capital is built. It will make the other cities more expensive, but we have oodles of cash.

The Zulus have over 3,000 in the bank. With plunder, they will likely move their capital twice, then bribe wll be cheap. With luck, the howies can take at least two this turn, maybe 3 depending on how the capital moves. Then spies mop up the rest :). It is possible the zulus can be wiped out this turn, depending on the # of defenders in those cities!

The fact that there is a little L of railroad that seems to go nowhere but is in the general direction of Swazi would suggest that maybe the Zulus did complete their railroading after we got the Apollo Program. I don't know if the BB by Swazi has already been around that area and so this map is up to date, but I reckon that when we take a closer look and update the map then we will see the RR net complete and a lot more farmland too.

Top Bottom