MadDjinn's Deity Challenge Series

I watched 19 start to finish no issue. Cant wait for more! I have been living vicariously through you and Bibor since my mobo fried T.T

Fine on my PC, around 9:30 there's a lenghty wait for the next turn, but after that it's working. Thanks for the upload :goodjob:

Ah, ok cool. Seems to have been upload related I guess.

more is coming.

uhm... this is the silent set. 22-24 kinda got recorded while I had my coffee and forgot that I muted the mic. :sad:

So you miss my rant about ghandi and capitulation... It's also too far back for me to go redo the videos.

MadDjinn,
Where are videos 4 and 5 of the GS generator?

I'll see if I can get them done before the patch, but I'm more focused on the french game since it's getting close to finished.

When in doubt, I'll do it again post-patch.

-----

to all:

looks like #23 and #24 failed to upload. I'll try to re upload them first thing in the morning.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes of that France game. You went economy/military more where I almost always go pure science, and it shows in your tech position (at your time with France, I would be through Railroad, Replaceable Parts, and Electricity, blocking off techs to grab Rocketry with RAs by turn 200 max).

But you've got at least triple the military I'd have at that point, and you're using them pretty well. I'm just wondering how it will translate into a win condition, which is why that game is so interesting. Diplo looks most probable with all that cash but with city-states hating you do to war with Alex, I'm wondering if it's possible. Perhaps grabbing Aesthetics sometime later in the game is the way.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes of that France game. You went economy/military more where I almost always go pure science, and it shows in your tech position (at your time with France, I would be through Railroad, Replaceable Parts, and Electricity, blocking off techs to grab Rocketry with RAs by turn 200 max).

But you've got at least triple the military I'd have at that point, and you're using them pretty well. I'm just wondering how it will translate into a win condition, which is why that game is so interesting. Diplo looks most probable with all that cash but with city-states hating you do to war with Alex, I'm wondering if it's possible. Perhaps grabbing Aesthetics sometime later in the game is the way.

yeah.. econ/late military is not the way to win quick deity games. (unless you fast tech)

Wasn't really the plan, but I thought it best to create a little area to backfill later. (which I almost forgot to do)

Things get better though. You're right in that Space just isn't possible by now. (The AI hits future era so fast due to RAs it's too late if you see them finish Apollo and you yourself aren't thinking about it) Culture stopped being an option as soon as settlers went out.

Domination is always an option. Though, the later it gets the harder that becomes. Convincing the others to wipe each other out isn't really working well. Diplo is a nice way out, but as you'll see in the coming vids, the AI got wise and trimmed up the CSs.

Mad, wasn't domination the only win condition for this game? :)

Not sure it was the 'only' one ;) I'm sure there's people who think it should be :lol:

I left them all on of course.

given a patch is coming, I'd be happy with a 'finished' game. So most likely diplo or domination. (though if the AI keep letting me do what I'm doing, I could likely pull off a space victory)

EDIT: It's my PC.. :(

Umm, did Youtube just got hacked? Or is my IP or PC or?

Code:
500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.
If you see them, show them this information:

Maybe its your route to the server Bibor.
Try reconnect your internet modem/router and try again :)

Im loving your games Mad. Very nice this Alex deity beatdown. I would just ask how you are aiming to win being so behind in tech?

Thanks

Im loving your games Mad. Very nice this Alex deity beatdown. I would just ask how you are aiming to win being so behind in tech?

Thanks

500 error is an INTERNAL server error, it a server side fail in like 99.9% cases. Most probably, they were changing some configs on servers and smth went terribly wrong :)

Thanks

Techs? Win? Ah... :crazyeye:

Was I supposed to do that? :D

Space Race is obviously gone ;) So is culture for that matter. (though I do end up with more SPs than the AIs near the end)

So... Domination or Diplo ;) And there aren't enough CSs for Diplo. :nuke:

-----

Speaking of random things:

Can I skip over the boring post-Alex, pre-next war parts? I'm unsure of how many videos that is yet, but my 30 Gb upload limit is looking pretty close. (I'm betting I'm already over it, as I have multiple things using bandwidth)

As in, I'm currently recording in the 50's.. So that's at least 20 more vids before you see the end of the game.

When you mentioned upload limit I was like "what youtube upload limit"? Then I remembered - IP bandwith limit. If anything, I'm blessed with cheap flatrate.

On topic: IMO, skip to part when you are about to bonk someone else on the head. Although a SITREP video would be also awesome (AI tech pace, your standing, tech screen view etc). Doesn't need to be longer than 5 mins.

Excellent series, Mad!

don't know if this has been mentioned before, but you regularly comment about embarked units not being hit enough by artillery... that's by design: every hit on an embarked unit takes 4 hp. It doesn't matter if you shoot it with an archer, city or artillery.

DeepO

Top Bottom