MadDjinn's Deity Challenge Series

I am curious on how you're planning on stopping Arabia from launching a spaceship considering you're so behind in tech, and they already have mech infantry running around. And, one request, can you show us the demographics?

I am curious on how you're planning on stopping Arabia from launching a spaceship considering you're so behind in tech, and they already have mech infantry running around. And, one request, can you show us the demographics?

I look at the demographics a few times during the game. So you might see one in the next few sets of vids I think. (more so later game)

How I stop them? :nuke:

Oh man I'm excited for the thrilling conclusion. I personally have never done all-out nuclear warfare and always doubted whether it was worth it considering the AI production advantages. If you get it done, it'll probably revive my interest in a Mongolia/Pangaea/Domination game (which I thought would end in the face of AI nukes, even with Logistics/March/Siege Modern Armor).

That's a valid question Mad, Arabia often goes for Space. When cities start having 60+:c5strength: its going to be hard for artillery to crack them. At least you'll have Himeji castle working in your favor (I think I saw Greece having it?).

Oh man I'm excited for the thrilling conclusion. I personally have never done all-out nuclear warfare and always doubted whether it was worth it considering the AI production advantages. If you get it done, it'll probably revive my interest in a Mongolia/Pangaea/Domination game (which I thought would end in the face of AI nukes, even with Logistics/March/Siege Modern Armor).

keep your forces out of the way, then Nuke them to death. After that, they will still build nukes, but you might run them over in time.

Oh, or have them focus on someone else and thereby dodge any nuking issues. :eek:

So I just reviewed the vids. I completely 'finish' my task with Alex by the end of vid 34. #'s 35-38 are just wandering around and teching mostly. (and seeing how fun it is watching the AI build spaceship parts)

The plan starts coming together at vid #39. Opportunity knocked and I couldn't help myself but laugh... It's the plan, not the attacks. That happens a bit later.

Of course, if you pay attention in #39 I mention something about not building nukes in time. Well... I prove myself wrong a few vids later. :crazyeye:

crazy schemes for crazy times :) Oh, and the AI can't count! (that's a spoiler :p)

That's a valid question Mad, Arabia often goes for Space. When cities start having 60+:c5strength: its going to be hard for artillery to crack them. At least you'll have Himeji castle working in your favor (I think I saw Greece having it?).

biohazard got it in 1. (check his post)

See vid 34 for the answer to Himeji Castle :D

oh and yeah.. .HC + foreign Legions + ? = The most awesome units in the game; both in your territory and outside of it. (ok, there's another one, but hey... I didn't have many options)

Yeah, that's how I played my France when I got Himeji Castle. Earn promotions in your own territory, then when you get Foreign Legions (or Mech Infantry with the promotion carried over) you switch to the offensive. Pretty tough for the AI to stop. Ironically, you do better if the AI opponent is moderately strong (lots of battles = lots of promotions, and they have more cities to take) than weak.

I did learn from those trials that unless your AI neighbour is a juggernaut, Himeji Castle isn't necessary to keep safe (Oligarchy alone is fine). It might be more helpful post-patch.

... at least 20 more vids before you see the end of the game.

!!!

Well, two things that spring to mind which will save a *lot* of time:
  • Use hotkeys (don't need to watch you choose improvements, etc from the unit action panel)
  • Leave notifications up (you can click next turn with them still there - they'll disappear on their own)

Enjoying the vids, keep 'em coming!:goodjob:

Yeah, that's how I played my France when I got Himeji Castle. Earn promotions in your own territory, then when you get Foreign Legions (or Mech Infantry with the promotion carried over) you switch to the offensive. Pretty tough for the AI to stop. Ironically, you do better if the AI opponent is moderately strong (lots of battles = lots of promotions, and they have more cities to take) than weak.

I did learn from those trials that unless your AI neighbour is a juggernaut, Himeji Castle isn't necessary to keep safe (Oligarchy alone is fine). It might be more helpful post-patch.

Don't know about Foreign-Legion-upgraded mech inf but in all my late-game conquests bombers were the key for rolling over AIs. Use artillery to take out the AA, kill everything else with bombers, mop up with mech infantry. Works every time :)

!!!

Well, two things that spring to mind which will save a *lot* of time:
  • Use hotkeys (don't need to watch you choose improvements, etc from the unit action panel)
  • Leave notifications up (you can click next turn with them still there - they'll disappear on their own)

Enjoying the vids, keep 'em coming!:goodjob:

I haven't mapped the hotkeys to my mind yet, so we'll have to suffer through it ;)

I always go through the notifications to ensure I haven't missed anything ;)

For the vids from ~30 on I don't show the AI turns. It's just that long some times ;) especially when you've got lots of troops and multiple borders to watch. I won't rush a game just to get shorter vids. Could lose that way ;)

Don't know about Foreign-Legion-upgraded mech inf but in all my late-game conquests bombers were the key for rolling over AIs. Use artillery to take out the AA, kill everything else with bombers, mop up with mech infantry. Works every time :)

Since the infantry unit never goes obsolete, you can just make them and upgrade.

One of the best UU combos of the game since everyone else has to deal with UUs that go away eventually.

artillery is surprisingly useful against 60+ CS cities. I even take down a 80+ one during the later part of the game. You just need volume.

Since the infantry unit never goes obsolete, you can just make them and upgrade.

One of the best UU combos of the game since everyone else has to deal with UUs that go away eventually.

artillery is surprisingly useful against 60+ CS cities. I even take down a 80+ one during the later part of the game. You just need volume.

Oh my, your're right! I forgot infantry never goes obsolete!

ok, maybe the patch comes tomorrow, maybe it doesn't...

but this game is done :king:

there are exactly 55 vids. (could've been less, but I didn't want to show the win in the last seconds of a video)

The quality of the last few gets touchy. DivX got weird, my system was starting to randomly bluescreen, the whole game got slow, etc.

otherwise...

Spoilers: (don't look if you don't want to see the end info yet)

Spoiler :

AI tech parts made:

Harun probably could have finished a few more parts after the wars, but decided to make the Sydney Opera House instead :crazyeye:

Final Demographics:

3 more coming today. (maybe 6 more if I feel like it)

I think I'll show the 'boring middle' videos just for those who are interested in seeing how I get from where I am at the end of Alex to being able to stop the Arabs from going to space.

For the most part, what you see is the Arabs changing their 'grand strategy'. How much that had to do with me, I don't know. (Likely it's triggered by me taking Athens - Domination got a little closer) They also shut down the possibility of a Diplo win. (kill the CSs to the point where there's not enough votes available)

I really applaud your diplomatic relations. But I have one question, if you were next to a hostile AI (Rome for example instead of Ghandi or multiple AI’s that focus heavy on military and are aggressive) what would you do diplomatically and militarily?

I really applaud your diplomatic relations. But I have one question, if you were next to a hostile AI (Rome for example instead of Ghandi or multiple AI’s that focus heavy on military and are aggressive) what would you do diplomatically and militarily?

get bigger guns :)

ranged weaponry outperforms any melee units. Even if you're DoW'd early, city ranged bombardment and a few archers can clean out whatever comes your way. (provided they aren't somehow super advanced early)

Otherwise, I'd still make friends with all other AIs and utilize them in dealing with the local bully. Pretty much the same thing that happened to Alex diplomatically; but closer to home. I'd also likely have gone RA sling into Steel to puppet whomever was close. That was one of the poor parts of this particular game. No one to take out early due to friendly status and the clique that formed.

another question:

In the last vids you prepared for your offense against the Arabs. For this you rushed quite some foreign legions (-> Mech Inf). I noticed, that you did it in three or four cities. Only one of them had barracks etc. Why didn't you built / rushed barracks in the other cities you used to produce / buy FL? You could have produced it easily or even rush buyed it. Do you think that barracks are not worth it? Or did you just forget it?
I mean, they were easy to produce at that stage of the game, and with your strong economy the upceep cost wouldn't hurt at all.

Top Bottom