ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

Oh no you can keep them, I wouldn't knock someone out of a game. I'd say the horse riding is still very popular, especially with traditionalist, as they are descendants of the Hippus. Though I'd figure that many of the younger aristocrats have probably taken a fancy to airplanes rather than riding on horses. And for the masses violent sports are the favored past time, hence the massive stadium in the capital.

House Illborne is free of players AFAIK.

Also Several of you maybe interested in this:

If someone who was in FFHNES II and ImmacuNES IIA could explain the premise of this whole world quite concisely in terms of those two NESes, on the Wiki or here, I must say I think it would be very enlightening for people like me who really haven't a clue about FFH or the genesis of this universe or anything, and would allow more depth to the story for the use of the casual lurker and underinformed player alike. :p Could anyone possibly offer to write a summary?

(Immac, Eko, thomas, Seon, merciary if he's lurking, Kyzarc, Darksaber?)

The only part I can provide is some background from FFHNESII.
The Eekin were a society where the king married several sacred priestesses. The king became king by killing in duel his predecessor. Eekin were quite proud and noble, although they were, at the time, a very minor nation on a small island, not far from the Sheaim (ancestors of Bossheim and Tsedeq) who helped them get into worldwide politics.

And damn. Tyrs had Sasha a woman. I only know men called Sasha, so that's what Sasha Bel Laga is.

If someone who was in FFHNES II and ImmacuNES IIA could explain the premise of this whole world quite concisely in terms of those two NESes, on the Wiki or here, I must say I think it would be very enlightening for people like me who really haven't a clue about FFH or the genesis of this universe or anything, and would allow more depth to the story for the use of the casual lurker and underinformed player alike. :p Could anyone possibly offer to write a summary?

(Immac, Eko, thomas, Seon, merciary if he's lurking, Kyzarc, Darksaber?)

All I can tell you is I am glad that The Query were not based directly off any of the old stuff. Cause I mangled em terribly to make them what I envisioned.

I always thought that Sasha bel-laga was os-gabella. If only because Bel-laga is an anagram of gabella.

And damn.
The other potential link is that of the zombies and the symbiots... they seem similar- but then the symbiots chased the cephalods to erebus so they must have existed before the zombies.. and then the symbiots are still around now so they exist after the zombies- its not like its a linear one thing became the other- and yet- there are similarities...
On that I could say a lot. It might have been better I had never read that, what with the story I wrote about the pilot of the Mammon... And I'm going to look at Barbatos with even more fear now.
(Errovus had a bout of zombie infestation incident once, and someone -who happened to have read books found in Barbatos''s broken sepulcher- didn't really help with the problem being solved).

And damn.

On that I could say a lot. It might have been better I had never read that, what with the story I wrote about the pilot of the Mammon... And I'm going to look at Barbatos with even more fear now.
(Errovus had a bout of zombie infestation incident once, and someone -who happened to have read books found in Barbatos''s broken sepulcher- didn't really help with the problem being solved).

Did you/we not have like 3 zombie infestations, 2 rather small ones and third because Ekolite kept a few alive to create his super duper zombie army? However, I am fare-ly sure that Zombies there, were simple Zombies and did not rewrite genetic codes or took over plants.

And die much easier, several large sticks was all I needed.

I believe the third was created because Ekolite thought that the Dove-Yellows can take care of zombies on their own turf.

Turns out they couldn't.

Edit: maybe that's the second...

Barbatos's a symbiot!!!

Actually, I remember them appearing after I had a forced-month break. I lost a few orders when zombie wolves started, and then suddenly zombie Dove Yellow started... then I tried to do what Ekolite did but I forgot that he used Spearmen not Spear Militia (dang, I really messed up my economy too).

The transport entered the atmosphere shaking it violently; retching was easily audible as the inexperienced lost their meals. The shaking subsided as the transport flew lower preparing for landing.

“Drop in 30 seconds.” announced the dispassionate voice of the co-pilot. The soldiers checked their gear quickly, some mumbled prayers, most were veterans and simply stared at the rear hatch waiting for it to open. The ten second light came on and the anticipation was palpable. The marauders lined up and prepared to disembark into hell.

The hatch opened and the marauders rushed out as quickly as they could for being caught in the transport was certain death. On their way out they made damn sure not to touch the surface of the helicopter. Even through their armor they could feel its sun-baked heat and to touch it, even in the deep ravines, would have invited disaster. Small arms fire whizzed by occasionally bouncing off some armor or striking the hull of the shimmering transport as it popped and groaned, cooling rapidly in the shadows. Finally everyone was out.

“Go! Reinforce the left flank. Tribune Velace reports that the symbiotes are beginning to break through his line!” Prefectus Lady Alex of the Black Clan waved her sword in her left hand pointing to the hole in the left flank that was slowly forming from the constant pressure of the symbiote attack. She fired her pistol with her right hand straight into the eye of a small symbiote which had leapt toward her suddenly. It flopped to the ground, wounded but rapidly regenerating. A nearby soldier turned its flame gun upon it and it was soon dead.

The marauders quickly headed toward the developing gap in the line and crashed into it violently. The heavier symbiotes that were at the front ceased to advance and began to die. But the sheer weight of numbers prevented the complete recovery of the line. The symbiotes sensed the weakness in the line and pushed harder. Swords slashed spraying blood all over the combatants, weapons fired leaving gaping holes in the symbiotes, yet still they came on.

“Saint Hess in your name I will slay these foul creatures!” A dark glow seemed to emanate from Lady Alex as she rushed towards the largest of the symbiotes in the front line. Tendrils of darkness whipped out from around her and assailed and distracted the symbiote while Lady Alex began to cut and thrust at it bringing it down in a matter of moments. The dark tendrils reached out to the regenerating symbiote and tore it apart into bloody mist. A cry went up among the marauders and they redoubled their efforts at repelling the symbiotes.

The communicators came to life and the voice of Primus Legatus Lord Dantian of the Black Clan calmly gave orders. “Hold for another 2 minutes until the magikkers arrive to complete the destruction of this last hive.” The officers acknowledged the command and drew themselves up once more to contain the symbiotes.

It was over in a bright flash of light as the magikkers arrived and slew the symbiotes with purging flame.

Lady Alex rose from her chair and smiled at the young girl who had just run up with what must be a completely serious question based on the look of frustration on her face. “Yes little one what is it?”

Carma drew herself up as much as the girl could and then spoke. “Lady Alex why can I not go to the Cathedral and watch them building it?”

“Little one, we cannot have you running underfoot all those workers causing them to not pay attention properly to their jobs. Besides why would you want to spend all your time there anyway?”

“I just like watching them put it together because it really doesn’t seem like the pieces fit.” This was true, often Alex had wondered how they were able to build the maze like structure and not have it collapse. Oh well that was Lord Ichabod’s problem. Besides, Lady Alex followed Saint Hess far more than the others.

“Okay.” Carma whined in a high pitched quiet voice. Lady Alex sat back, here came the real request. Carma had already mastered the idea of ask for something when you really want the second thing you ask for. “Can we go and play swords in the garden?”

“Certainly I have nothing pressing at the moment.” Alex led the child to the garden thinking how Carma grew so much faster than her sons had.

Wow- yeah- that takes me back.

One thing i forgot was implemented in the earlier version but hasn't really come to bear too much was dynastic vs 'non-dynastic' familes within the noble house.

So if you want to edit your wikipedia entries with notes on minor noble families within your noble house that would be cool too.

bad example from a different game setting said:

- Vladislav: The royal family. Traditional in its Decados ways, but courting the Empire aggressively and willing to grant concessions. (Crown on Severus, big on Cadiz, Malignatius, Cadavus, Criticorum)

- Romanov: One of the founding families of the house. Has held the crown many times in the past. Rules Cadiz from the city of Vilna (Crown on Cadiz, big on Severus, Cadavus, Criticorum)

- Malevik: Aggressive if not completely subtle, the hot-tempered Maleviks have considerable enmity with the Romanovs and the Vladislavs. Accordingly, they are somewhat exiles right now. (Crown on Cadavus, big on Malignatius, Pandemonium)

- Bogakov: The most military branch of the family, and the most honorable (such as it is). Grudgingly respected but disliked within the house. (Crown on Malignatius, big on Pandemonium, Cadavus)

- Ivanovich: One of the more powerful families at court, though they consier themselves “robbed” of Malignatius’ throne by the Bogakovs. (Big on Malignatius, Severus, Cadiz, presence on Manitou)

- Sharn: Utterly calculating, almost robotic. Up-and-coming, and regarded with suspicion by Vladislavs and Romanovs. (Crown on Pandemonium, big on Severus, Malignatius)

- Gurov: Cultured and subtle, considered by many to be not far removed from the Criticorum al-Malik. The Gurov line tries to maintain good relations with non-Decados. (Big on Cadiz, Severus, Criticorum, Sutek)

- Sfilli: One of the chief Italianate families, the Sfilli line is closely allied with the Castenda Hazat and with the Vladislav line. (Big on Cadiz, Sutek, presence on Severus)

- Slava: Underdog rivals with Romanov family for control of Cadiz. Preach loudly about reform and overtures to Empire. (Big on Cadiz, Cadavus)

- Durneyev: Cultured and witty, often engaged in feuds and vendettas. (Big on Severus, Cadiz, presence on Criticorum)

- Innokenti: Highly religious, but not amazingly honorable. High incidence of theurgy. (Big on Malignatius, Cadavus, presence on Cadiz)

- Bratislav: Excellent with biotechnology, chemicals, and genetic engineering. Under close Church regulation. (Big on Severus, Cadavus, presence on Cadiz)

- Petrovna: Decadent, extremely wealthy and high-technology. Home to many cyberfetishists. (Big on Cadiz, Severus, Manitou)

- Gagarin: The most cultured and artistic of the house, as well as the most psychic and alien. The Gagarin line has long been plagued by troubling visions and portents. Once rebellious, then crushed and bound by oath to the Vladislavs. (big on Severus, Cadiz, Manitou)

- Aleksandrov: Once the crown family, deposed and largely crushed in beginning of Emperor Wars. Now they try to insinuate themselves into the politics of the backwaters they find themselves exiled into. (Big on Malignatius, Cadavus, presence on Pandemonium)

- Krusczek: Courtly family, excellent rumormongers. (Big on Severus, Malignatius)

- Chomolny: Highly mercenary, known to work for the highest bidder. Somewhat outcast. (Big on Cadavus, Criticorum, Cadiz)

- Czerny: Highly disciplined and extremely insular. Excellent rangers and warriors. Serves the Vladislav family (big on Cadavus, Malignatius)

- Turian: Strictly neutral information brokers. Still distrusted by many. (big on Cadiz, Criticorum, Manitou, Sutek)

- Mikoyan: Ardent supporters of the cartels. Often come into conflict with the Merchant League. (Big on Severus, Cadiz, Criticorum)

- Valushnya: Home to many scholars and intellectuals. (Big on Severus, Cadiz)

- Romany: Naval family, fond of life in space. Allied with Bogakov line. (Big on Severus, Cadiz)

- Tatarin: Somewhat Li Halan-influenced, this family is very religious (though not always Orthodox) and somewhat anarchic. (Big on Malignatius, Manitou, Cadavus)

- Sobor: Dissidents highly persecuted by Czar Hyram. (big on Malignatius, Pandemonium, Cadavus)

- Tchaikof: The most decadent of the house, considered to be degenerates and failures by all, but still tolerated because they are the family of Antonin and Jakob. (big on Cadavus, Cadiz)

- Strelnikov: Allied with the Castenda Hazat, still trying to demilitarize after the war. (big on Severus, presence on Sutek)

- Vaclav: Warrior family (presence on Malignatius, Cadavus)

So lets use the following nomencalture:

Dynastic families (families in commanding or command position of the noble house)
Royal families (dynastic families from one of the five remaining major houses)
Vassal families (any family not considered to be in a command position within any house)
Royal house (one of the five remaining major houses)
Major House (same thing as a royal house)
Minor House (any house not one of the five remaining major houses)

Hmm Okay well as you know I have three dynastic families in The Query so would all three be Royal? Or would simply the most influential of them be such?

I'm not sure about the families thing at all. It doesn't seem proper for some reason. It would make sense in a small place like Rome or Venice or Fiorenza, but not in a wide realm encompassing several continents and worlds. After a while, all the lines become so intermingled that the notion looks a bit weird. After all, most nobles ended up being called by their domain name rather than their own (thus all the de/du something in French nobility).

But in this universe why must they be titled based on where they live? The Query do not work that way.

Just to clear things up I did not keep any zombies for any neferarious plan :p. There was only really one zombie infestation which started off small and insignificant, and known only to me, but became a continent-wide catastrophe after I decided not to do anything about it. This was mainly because I thought they'd trash Grigori (who I'd had a disagreement with) and then stop there. Sadly I was wrong.

Top Bottom