ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

Well... in the Aries Corp everyone has Aries as their middle name and in House Van, the Knight __________ Van and his immediate family was still mostly alive. So yeah, the other names are not important as they popped up over time. Associates (now Churls) and Minor Nobles/Landed Knights take the last names from their Lord.

Noble Structure in the Countryside
Lord- Owns at least three centers of power (forts)/towns and a largish army
Noble- Subservient to a Lord or the Top, one center of power, at least 5 tanks
Minor Noble/Landed Knight: Directly upkeeps as tank commander as Knight, or a large company of soldiers. These own some land, usually in small villages.
Knight/Endowed Soldiers: Non-landed but have some responsibilities such as Overseer of the Machinery and such. NCO Sarges would be in this catagory, as well as fighter knights and such.
Professional Soldiers: Most of the Vanari Foot Soldiers are pretty professional soldiers gathered either by the Top or various Noble levels. Only strong serfs can join, although Churl/Associate volunteers are accepted.
Churls/Associates: A growing semi-independent class. Neither owns land nor owned by the land, but still offers loyalty to the Top. Usually are somewhat educated or apprenticed in a specialized field and became free as a gift or bought from their master in the past, New Errovus Churls were freemen always, but chained to their wage and safety.
Serfs: Attached to their land and lord. The best and brightest might be selected to train to become an Associate and earn money, or danger as a Soldier.

EDIT: Should I Wiki this list?

Not really no :p. But yeah, I was quite far away from the source of the zombies and assumed I would be unaffected. They turned out to be a little more of a threat then I first expected.

Zombies - They are always a threat no matter how slow or small they seem.

Basically House Texier's upper nobility is so full of important Texier refugees (from when we withdrew from our non-E2 possessions) that only the local small aristocrats are called anything other than Texier.

Just to clear things up I did not keep any zombies for any neferarious plan :p.

Errrr... Eko yes we did, don't you remember me, you, and thomas kept some safe after the ritual so we could put them on ships and wipe out the "evil":)p) alliance.

Careful cause at least one of those has changed their name.

And Immaculate I thought all the saints were "good" or was my impression wrong?

Just wrote some stuff about what I know about the Gods, or Saints as they are known now.

Now, this is obviously heretical information going out freely now, but 'tis good story stuff, I expect :p

-Note: I only wrote about the Evil Gods right now. The rest of 16 god-like entities will follow soon.

This stuff is definitely not cannon for these worlds.

The Church doesn't teach this at all and none of the nobles would ever think or suspect this.

The FFH stuff doesn't really fit this world too well. And NONE of your nobles (even those who are effectively immortal) would believe this stuff because FFHNESIIB is not based exactly on FFH NESI or the FFH NES video game. I took the stuff i like from this world and from Emperor of the Fading Suns but lots i left out. I am purposefully not going into the theology of the FFH world cause it doesn't fit this setting too much. Your nobles shouldn't be concerned with this stuff- they mostly believe what the church tells them regardless of it its true or not.

As for the actual role of FFH gods, some are completely dissappeared from theological knowledge. Many are associated with paganism and polytheism and some have been 'adapted' into Saints. But then lots of disciples of Zebulon and other 'religious heroes' have been made into saints over the years. And because the nobility and the serfs can actually relate to these more modern saints, they are generally more popular. Anyway, yeah... don't focus too much on the old gods from FFH.

Yes, but then again what I am writing there is so ancient that it doesn't really affect the game today even if it's true, no? :p

Edit: Unless it does. Which would be kind of creepy.

Yeah- i'm just saying.

By the way, who the HECK is Zebulon?...

Most of you with a piety of higher than 4 or 5 would know this stuff. Lots of it got censored 'cause your piety ain't high enough.

Normally you wouldn't discuss this except with your 'royal chaplain' or whatever but amongst yourselves (and not the serfs) you might discuss it. If your piety is really low please don't meta and talk about this as if you know whats going on.

The Faith in the Celestial Sun (aka the Pancreator) was born not in ancient times as many suspect, but only after humanity (re?)-discovered the jumpgates. It was propagated by the prophet Zebulon, one of the first colonists to jump to Errovus Secondus (then under the control of the Zaibatsu corporation). Like most early jumpers, Zebulon experienced a moment of pure euphoria and hallucinatory dissociation as he jumped (the <<Censored>> effect) but he also claimed to have glimpsed the true creator of all things, the ‘Pancreator’ and that he appeared as a celestial fire brighter than any sun, the sum of all suns. He also witnessed the demons of hell, which sought to extinguish the celestial light. But unlike the preceding religions, he knew ‘hell’ to be the dark space between the stars. Upon arriving at Errovus Secondus, he founded the Church of the Universal Light. At the time the people of Errovus were polytheists, believing that many of what we now know to be servants of the Pancreator, were indeed gods onto themselves. Zebulon’s church, at first, was fairly minor. His teachings ran counter to most beliefs of the day. While the people were entranced by the mundane and faithless miracles of technology, beholden to the greed of coin and slaves of faceless guilds (called corporations then), the prophet Zebulon preached against them, criticizing the worship of technology and money and asserting the role of the Pancreator and his servants as it should be. He also spoke out against the growing cult of <<censored>>.

After his death there was a schism between his disciples. One of his disciples was Amalthea, once a devoted <<censored>>pagan<<censored>>. She had been a hospital nurse and priestess but had heard Zebulon speak and realized the truth of his words, realizing that <<censored>> was a creation of the Pancreator. She argued with Palamedes Alecto who had been a soldier. He was well versed in temporal matters and after the prophet’s death won the political battle with Amalthea for control of the followers of Zeubulon and amongst many of his critics, in particular amongst the ‘Blossoms of Mercy’ who follow Amalthea, he is still considered a shrewd politician and manipulator. His church became what is now considered the ‘Orthodoxy’. It is Palamedes and his cohorts who collected the teachings of Zebulon and developed the ‘Omega Gospels’. <<censored>>

(a note on the disciples. Zebulon is said to have had 7 disciples:
o Lextius the Traveler
o Palamedes the Knight
o Amalthea the Healer
o Mantius the Guilder
o Maya the Scorned
o Horace the Learned
o Hombor the Beggar)

(a note on the Omega Gospels. These are the collective teachings of Zebulon and contain gospels of:
• Paulus
• Lextius
• Amalthea
• Horace
• Chroniculae III
• Maya
• Hombor
• Mantius
• Galaxia
• Meditations
• Lamentations
• Delphians
• Innominate
• Pilgrims

It is the accepted holy book of the great religious sects. This includes the ‘Holy Gate’ who consider the Omega Gospels and their own text of equal religious importance.)

During the diaspora the Church of Universal Light’s influence spread far and wide, gaining recognition on many planets and amongst many people. There still existed many other faiths, many dedicated to a single or limited number of facets of traditional polytheism. Additionally there was the Blossoms of Mercy, led by Amalthea’s teachings, within but separate from orthodox Universal Light.

<<censored>>a bunch of censored stuff on the birth of the avestites<<censored>>

Late during the Diaspora, in the year of approximately 1100 (counting from the first jump as is standard for our calendar), (OOC: so approximately 1000 years after the founding of the Church of Universal Light), a great man, Barbatos, was acclaimed Patriarch of the church. He was a potent theurgist, charismatic speaker and man of unfathomable wisdom and purity. It is said that he was immortal, and had witnessed the dawn of time. Under the leadership of Patriarch Barbatos, the Church was able to spread the truth of the Celestial Light far and wide, quickly overcoming the pagan polytheistic faiths of lesser times.

As the Grand Republic took form Barbatos began to proclaim several prophecies, explaining how man’s hubris in his great works, his spiritual poverty would be his own end, how Man themselves would bring unleash its own destruction through this hubris. He also correctly predicted the rise of the anarchists that disrupted the ‘Map’, the fall of the Republic, the rise of the nobles and even the fading of the suns. It is then that Barbatos was canonized, the living, undying saint and pancreator.

With the divesture, the Church of Universal Light and the Orthodoxy in particular were greatly strengthened. The people of the worlds had grown suspicious of the intrigues of man and spiritually bankrupt faith in technology. It was quickly realized that the Church would require a military arm and it is at this point that that St. Barbatos founded the Brothers Battle. More and more dedicated themselves to the faith, though many also turned, alarmingly, to the <<censored>> and the <<censored>>.

And then the greatest of demons stuck, as predicted by St. Barbatos, punishment unleashed by own hands as penitence for our crimes against the Pancreator. It is when the Symbiots struck that we realized the true greatness of the Pancreator for it was the theurgists trained by St. Barbatos that were most able to turn back the green tide. At the time there was a <<censored>> known as the <<censored>>. <<censored>>a bunch of censored stuff<<censored>>

In the aftermath of the symbiot attacks and the visit of the heathen and demonic transcedentals, as the noble houses, guilds and even the orthodoxy scrambled to reclaim some vestige of our lost technology, the <<censored>>

<<censored>>a bunch of censored stuff<<censored>> became the Temple Avesti and serve the Orthodoxy. To this day should any Avestite must obey an Orthodox cleric of equal or greater rank than the Avestite.

<<censored>>a bunch of censored stuff<<censored>> they would be visited by the Pancreator’s Holy Flame.

Orders are due June 16th, 2011. Orders in before June 12th, 2011 get an 'initiative' bonus.
Orders received from:
  1. Query
  2. Remillard
  3. Hyppean

this.

Errrr... Eko yes we did, don't you remember me, you, and thomas kept some safe after the ritual so we could put them on ships and wipe out the "evil":)p) alliance.

I thought we only talked about doing that? Regardless if we did actually keep them we never got round to releasing them. Probably for the best tbh, I think one zombie appocalypse is enough for any respectable NES :p.

Oh, we had some saved, Eko... :D

we were within a turn, I'd say, of sending them out.

Edit: as for the Gods, there were, even in FFHNES II, major differences from Canon.

I thought we only talked about doing that? Regardless if we did actually keep them we never got round to releasing them. Probably for the best tbh, I think one zombie appocalypse is enough for any respectable NES :p.

One zombie Apocalypse is never enough. I'm "hardcore" fan of zombies lore and I like most things related to the undead. Because this is fantasy fiction and I like it.

But in this universe why must they be titled based on where they live? The Query do not work that way.
My point is that family lines are going to be diluted. People will move, become other branches of the family and not necessarily keep links with the initial branch. Given the population of the fiefdoms, the number of families would likely be astounding.
I'm not saying one must be titled from their place. I'm saying that noble families only remain families over generations in city-states, where there are few of them and they can have an individual impact on the society. In larger realms, I can't see families as being that important. Tsedeq isn't clan-based either so I can't find it meaningful to describe families. There are individuals, with a net of relationships that is too complex to be coined into a set of families system.

My point is that family lines are going to be diluted. People will move, become other branches of the family and not necessarily keep links with the initial branch. Given the population of the fiefdoms, the number of families would likely be astounding.
I'm not saying one must be titled from their place. I'm saying that noble families only remain families over generations in city-states, where there are few of them and they can have an individual impact on the society. In larger realms, I can't see families as being that important. Tsedeq isn't clan-based either so I can't find it meaningful to describe families. There are individuals, with a net of relationships that is too complex to be coined into a set of families system.

I think families more like clans who are somewhat blood related. Every clan has someone who has more experience/leadership skill than others, who is considered "head" of the family/clan. In theory one only needs 1 family member to technically lead (and be responsible for) one area, rest can be just local aristocrats-payed workers.

Are the guilds mostly/entirely gnomish or is that something that doesn't stand in this NES?

Top Bottom