Caveman 2 Cosmos

Can somone check my game?

I feel like I am way to powerful and its already won :(

look at gold and science per turn. Is this normal at this stage of the game?

If I play on more difficult settings I feel like I am way behind in science especially compared to Mansa Musa who is UBER in science.

Attachments

• Mike BC-0520.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 77
How many squares of water does it take before a fresh water lake becomes an inland sea? Can this number be changed? I would kind of like to see some large lakes inside the continents, but they always seem to be seas.

How many squares of water does it take before a fresh water lake becomes an inland sea? Can this number be changed? I would kind of like to see some large lakes inside the continents, but they always seem to be seas.

I think its 5 water tiles. It's easy enough to change - perhaps it should scale by map size?

I think its 5 water tiles. It's easy enough to change - perhaps it should scale by map size?

That would be cool. I play on large or huge maps normally and the lakes are almost always too big to count as fresh water.

That would be cool. I play on large or huge maps normally and the lakes are almost always too big to count as fresh water.

One of my fondest games was a large map with a big "lake" in the middle. I can't recall if it was fresh water or not. It wasn't C2C. (Heck, it may have been CIV 2 now that I think about it!:eek:) I tend not to like a ton of water since it is more difficult moving military units, but the inland sea / lake allowed both options: boat down the center or walk around.

Eldrin, that map option is still there: RoM_Inland_Sea or like that.

I see from a different thread that you are having problems with v15, or is it v15.1? If its 15 change to 15.1, and let me know, thx. And thx for the map in the other thread.

zakkory & Lord Gruin - assuming you are both patched up to 3.19 on base BTS I don't have any theories. A good starting point would be to check you don't have similar issues with AND 1.76 beta 5. If you can get that to start (specifically the 1.76 beta, not 1.75) it would at least rule out a whole host of possibilities. Let me know if you have issues with that also please

i still get the same error i fell like smashing my computer open :badcomp:
any one know why i keep getting the C++ error i really want to play :cry:

Lets ask some "dumb questions" ;)

If you have Win7 are you running Civ in administrator mode?
Do you have anything other than empty folders in the folder "My Games/Beyond The Sword/CustomAssets"? If so remove them. Make a back up first.

So how do I turn off neanderthals now?

No barbarians game option does it automatically.

If you just want to tune the rate (including right down to 0), or want to be specific to neanderthals, change the global define NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER in assets/xml/a_new_dawn_GlobalDefines.xml - it's a % so 0 will turn them off, 100 is the default level, 200 would double them etc.

No barbarians game option does it automatically.

If you just want to tune the rate (including right down to 0), or want to be specific to neanderthals, change the global define NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER in assets/xml/a_new_dawn_GlobalDefines.xml - it's a % so 0 will turn them off, 100 is the default level, 200 would double them etc.

I think "we" need to put something about this in the pedia. I will do it for the neanderthal units using your text here.

Perhaps we need some generic values
SPAWN_MODIFIER_NONE = 0%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_LOW = 50%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_NORMAL = 100%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_HIGH = 200%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_VERY_HIGH = 400%​

or something like
SEA_ANIMAL_SPAWN_RATE
ANIMAL_SPAWN_RATE​

I think "we" need to put something about this in the pedia. I will do it for the neanderthal units using your text here.

Perhaps we need some generic values
SPAWN_MODIFIER_NONE = 0%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_LOW = 50%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_NORMAL = 100%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_HIGH = 200%
SPAWN_MODIFIER_VERY_HIGH = 400%​

or something like
SEA_ANIMAL_SPAWN_RATE
ANIMAL_SPAWN_RATE​

Well maybe. But the spawn mechanism is generic and might eventually get used for something very different from animals/neanderthals (aliens? Revolutionaries?) which is why I gave it the ability to specify the name fo a global define to use as a spawn modifier from each individual spawn definition in the XML (so that argues against a global applies-to-all-possible-spawns modifier). Hence, given that if you want to change it you'll have to modify a global define anyway (at least unles we promote it into an options screen which I guess we could at some effort cost), I'm not sure the ability to use pre-defined values buys you much - might as well just add an XML comment with the default global define (value 100) that described how to change it. If we DO surface it through an options screen then I can see pre-define values (off, low, normal, high, very high) making sense though.

Yeah, I've seen that on there. I should really revisit it. Although not sure if it is going to have all the new stuff in it.

Hi Hydromancerx,
Have you had an opportunity to review the problem with the xml errors regarding some
wonders?

Thx.

I could not find anything wrong with them or to get that error. After the next update try it out and see if you get the same error (or use the SVN if you cannot wait for the next update). It may have gotten fixed already.

@Kosling, are you sure that 0 is a valid value for the Neanderthal spawn rate? I keep getting a CTD with a C++ exception when I try using it.

Well if you downloaed it from the beta thread (which is the link I gave) it's the beta ;-) So that impies that you can run AND but not C2C which is really odd. Basically that eliminates DLL changes, so it must be graphical assets you are having issues with. C2C fails to start on even small maps?

Yes. I tried a small map with the same results. Is there a certain resolution that I should be using that would be different from the other games?

Top Bottom