Caveman 2 Cosmos

dont know exact revision. revision was from something between sunday and wednesday

i only conquered 2 cities (the left one definetely has a 9 food butchery)

Attachments

• ironcladpohlmann BC-0740.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
it seem i have gotten a new problem whit my game :

next turn does not end, tryed to load a couple times but same result each time.

i have the august 12 dll file.

Good news! This reproduces for me. I should get time to look into it later today or tomorrow at worst, so expect a fix later this weekend.

This save file always crashes for me when I end the turn.

I use the 15.1 patch which solved a CTD earlier in the game, but this one persists.

I have made a few small changes in the XML: Decreased GP threshold slightly, set unlimited wonders/national wonders per city and greatly increased the cost of some of the powerful spy missions, like bribe city or create anarchy. I also increased national stability values for all government civics by +2 to make empires fall apart less often.

Attachments

• C2C MaxComp 15.1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
This save file always crashes for me when I end the turn.

I use the 15.1 patch which solved a CTD earlier in the game, but this one persists.

I have made a few small changes in the XML: Decreased GP threshold slightly, set unlimited wonders/national wonders per city and greatly increased the cost of some of the powerful spy missions, like bribe city or create anarchy. I also increased national stability values for all government civics by +2 to make empires fall apart less often.

Just to clarify, when you say '15.1 patch' do you mean usingn the latest DLL (dated Aug 12th) from the patch thread with the 15.1 release, or do you just mean the 15.1 release?

Originally Posted by Lord Gruin
I removed "Rise of Mankind", but get the same results. Also, when I start the game after accepting all of the errors, this is the type of screen that I get.

Attachment 298442

That is a sure sine of a bad (corrupted) install and a problem in the python associated with it.

If you have made your own changes to the mod try backing out of them one at a time to find the problem.

If this was a new install, try again but remove the Caveman 2 Cosmos folder to start with. If it still fails then it could be that the download was corrupted and you will need to do another down load.

If you are keeping up using the SVN method you should only need to remove the Caveman 2 Cosmos folder and re copy (with/out versioning) it from your SVN folder.

I did as suggested. Deleted old Caveman, downloaded again and unzipped a new Caveman. Moved it to the correct MOD folder (Vista can be a pain :mad:),

Voila!! The game started! :clap:

I am playing along and come to my first neighbor and a popup comes up saying something about changing my graphic settings and craps out. :(

Didn't really catch what it was saying, so I try starting again. It goes to the opening screen, I put in my game options and begins loading the game and get to "Finishing" and shows the games options. But no game. nothing. just sits there. I hit the escape key and there is no game. AARRGGG! :wallbash:

So I deleted the folder out of MODS again and unzipped the download again. Same problem. AND when I went to change the game options, the ones that I had changed in the version that I had deleted, were in the new version that I had just unzipped!?!?

How does that work? :confused:

Just to clarify, when you say '15.1 patch' do you mean usingn the latest DLL (dated Aug 12th) from the patch thread with the 15.1 release, or do you just mean the 15.1 release?

I installed the 15.1 patch (Caveman2Cosmos 15.1.zip) that was linked at the bottom of the first post in this thread on August 13, approx. 19:30 GMT.

Found and fixed. Thankyou for the save game. Fixed DLL posted to patch thread.

BTW - this is a VERY developed game on VERY large map - out of curiosity how long are your typical turn times at the moment (when it doesn't hang ;-))?

Well I wasn't getting this error at all until I put in the new DLL on the Patch sticky:confused:

Max Comp Save attached.

Edit: Removed my install, then downloaded and installed 15.1. I can run a new game fine, but the attachment won't load, despite
being Max Comp. Not worried about that save though, since the issue arose very early in that game.

Attachments

• WFC LOCK-9840.7z
    189.9 KB · Views: 56
Found and fixed. Thankyou for the save game. Fixed DLL posted to patch thread.

BTW - this is a VERY developed game on VERY large map - out of curiosity how long are your typical turn times at the moment (when it doesn't hang ;-))?

thanks gone try it right away.

a next turn usaly takes 45 to 80 seconds at the moment.
I hope it doesn't increase any more as the game progresses.

update : the first next turn works fine now but the next one now keeps on going.

Can someone look at my savegame and tell me why the civs LOVE folklore and still refuse to have a religion?

Attachments

• Mike BC-0990rel.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
August 13th: Fixed end-of turn hang caused by city defense getting confused over good nearby defensive land tile that was actually separated from it by a narrow strait

installing this dll and starting a new game (gigantic map, eternal speed) ensures an eternal WOC on the turn 10->11 interturn for me - reverting to the original 15.1 dll solves that.

Edit: forget it I messed up with my city counting.

Is the Quest "The Holy Mountain" broken or did I just miss the hint where the location is after I build the 22. Building of this religion?
The reason I could have missed it is that betwean Turns I do other things like reading forum.

Well I wasn't getting this error at all until I put in the new DLL on the Patch sticky:confused:

Max Comp Save attached.

Edit: Removed my install, then downloaded and installed 15.1. I can run a new game fine, but the attachment won't load, despite
being Max Comp. Not worried about that save though, since the issue arose very early in that game.

Oops. Last night's fix contained a silly mistake, that didn't show up in the original test case. New patch uploaded which fixes this new boo-boo also.

installing this dll and starting a new game (gigantic map, eternal speed) ensures an eternal WOC on the turn 10->11 interturn for me - reverting to the original 15.1 dll solves that.

Same deal

I installed the 15.1 patch (Caveman2Cosmos 15.1.zip) that was linked at the bottom of the first post in this thread on August 13, approx. 19:30 GMT.

Update your DLL from the patch thread. Check there regularly for further updates.

dont know exact revision. revision was from something between sunday and wednesday

i only conquered 2 cities (the left one definetely has a 9 food butchery)

Thanks for the save game. Bug found and squashed. It's actually an old (base BTS I think) bug with city capture. Basically during city capture the building yield modifiers (the extra food from the butchery in this case) are copied over to the new version of the city. Doing this loses their association with what caused them (access to resources in this case), so when the new owner's resources are processed the bonuses are added in again.

I can't fix existing cities that have this problem (in existing games) because nothing tracks the source for yield modifiers (so can't tell the difference between say, a historical event that increased them, or false copy-over during a historical city capture), but I have fixed the capture code so it won't happen in future.

This fix will be uploaded to the patch thread later today, so check back there in a few hours.

Thanks for the save game. Bug found and squashed. It's actually an old (base BTS I think) bug with city capture. Basically during city capture the building yield modifiers (the extra food from the butchery in this case) are copied over to the new version of the city. Doing this loses their association with what caused them (access to resources in this case), so when the new owner's resources are processed the bonuses are added in again.

I can't fix existing cities that have this problem (in existing games) because nothing tracks the source for yield modifiers (so can't tell the difference between say, a historical event that increased them, or false copy-over during a historical city capture), but I have fixed the capture code so it won't happen in future.

This fix will be uploaded to the patch thread later today, so check back there in a few hours.

Are you updating the whole game or just some files?

Can someone look at my savegame and tell me why the civs LOVE folklore and still refuse to have a religion?

1. Only 4 AI have Folklore while 9 have Prophets
2. You have founded 5 religions, Egypt has founded 6, England 1 and Arabia 1.
3. At your stage of the game only a handful are left to be researched. If the AI doesn't border you or Egypt then the spread of religions is slowed down.

And since you are playing a 2 continent game with you on a different one than Egypt that splits the 2 most prolific religious founding empires influence.

You and Egypt have basically hogged the Religious market and the rest of your game's world is religious starved.

It's how you are playing.

JosEPh

Top Bottom