Extreme2

Hummm, true ocean traveling really began in the 15th century though, circumvigating the globe was done later. With Caravel, you get the ability to that much earlier than in Human history. But than again it 's not that importnat neither

Except for the Norwegians yeah, but they knew how to navigate (and dared to) way before the rest.

Except for the Norwegians yeah, but they knew how to navigate (and dared to) way before the rest.

Agree. Civilization is not the re-enactment of our world but of the "what if". Countless cultures could have easily sailed around the world before the 15th century but because of truly random events or cultural inhibitions, they chose not to.

Cultures such as the Chinese, Polynesians, Japanese, Norwegians, Danes, Romans, Carthegians...the list can go on all could have sailed around the world.

Extreme2 offers that possibility.

Just a monthly update to everyone that I am still trying to update this mod, but also working on ExtremeMod and Age of Discovery mod. Also adding to that, already thick stew, I have a full time job, full time husband, and part time students (6 credits).

Hopefully within the next few months, I will have something to show everyone.

I have released the new version of Extreme2 with a huge added content list. At present it is available only at one site but will add a secondary, more European friendly, as time permits. I will also post a more detailed list of the changes, but as it stands there is so much added I need to comprise a list which will take a bit of time.

Enjoy!

Before i say anything about this mod the people that build the Stonehenge and more of these marvellous things Circumnavigated around Africa into the Persian golf that was 10.000 BC!!! possible that they sailed not only south but also west well those are theories that also explain the Sumerian "teleporting" into their Region with so much Knowledge other races that where helped by their resettlement where the Phoenixians, the Egyptians and possible also the Jew's

I like to point out what i said is still theory as it is only brought on by reasoning and backtracking and not much evidence does make it solid fact neither does it counteract it but there was certaintly a super race 10.000 BC with a landmass from the Faroe islands (possible even higher)
and Morocco their traces has been found in that regions they where a grand people possible even grander then the Romans

Well Christensen you done a very good job and keep it up i'm glad this mod is still breathing and it would be a waste if it disapears About the sharing of the mod can't a Torrent file maybe solve some problems? as anyone that downloads it can then share it

Played the new version. I have the same feeling as in the previous version: this mod has fantastic and unique ideas, but have also "weird" things.

I reiterate my remarks about Wonders: they are too expensive (even for some thing that wonderful ;-) ) and tons of them have stone as a needed resource, you can't build them if you don't have stones!!! therefore late in the MA, Stone Henge, Oracle, etc were still unbuilt.

I also find the "path/road" choice weird (you can build a road over a path (and lose the path benefits) but not vice versa)

the "diplo" units are too many and too powerfull. the assasin is buged by the way, t gives infinite promotion points, when I tried to connect it to a unit the game CTDed and that's where I stopped playing.

Improvement yield is "too" complicated which make improvement choice almost random

Played the new version. I have the same feeling as in the previous version: this mod has fantastic and unique ideas, but have also "weird" things.

I reiterate my remarks about Wonders: they are too expensive (even for some thing that wonderful ;-) ) and tons of them have stone as a needed resource, you can't build them if you don't have stones!!! therefore late in the MA, Stone Henge, Oracle, etc were still unbuilt.

I also find the "path/road" choice weird (you can build a road over a path (and lose the path benefits) but not vice versa)

the "diplo" units are too many and too powerfull. the assasin is buged by the way, t gives infinite promotion points, when I tried to connect it to a unit the game CTDed and that's where I stopped playing.

Always build a road over a path...its just a better choice. Paths give gold, but at the technological level of when a path can be made it isn't really all the good of a bonus. Paths are good before you get a road, but very quickly that becomes a mute point.

Improvement yield is "too" complicated which make improvement choice almost random

I am prepping another version to be released in the first weeks of September. I have lowered most costs of Wonders by at least 10 percent, some by up to 25%. In some instances, requirements have been removed.

Wonders is just that, wondrous. Not every game is going to have Stonehenge or the Pyramids but that what makes them special. I like the idea that repeated games brings up new surprises, wonders, even interesting features.

I have not seen the diplomatic units as being too powerful, but perhaps that is because we often use them not as a way to get promotions but as a unit in themselves. Perhaps I should just remove that ability as from what I understand, that would be a hellish bug/cheat! Hehehe I never thought of that.

Do not automate workers, but beyond that Improvements are not that hard to understand, but perhaps you have some insight that needs to be looked at again. Why do find the resources to be complicated?

A new version is already in the works as I can never just leave anything alone. The next couple updates will be mostly Industrial Age and forward content since up to this point we have concentrated almost exclusively on ancient game play.

Thanks for trying it out.

I just found out about this mod and was gonna give it a try as soon as I get some free time, because I am a huge fan of Thomas War mod. I did have a question about the disasters from Thomas War mod that have their own graphics, did you tweak or add to them in any way? I always loved the actual graphic associated with volcano and tornado and the others. I guess what im saying is some of the cool graphics with certain disasters never happened in any of my games i played on Thomas War mod. I had of coarse volcano, and a occasional tornado, but never had a tsunami or hurricane happen in any of my games, and I know their there because if your in-game and open the editor you can view the cool graphic for tsunami, and hurricane. I was just wondering if their was some way you could make sure that they have a chance of occuring in game at random. Because the fact is that natural disasters throughout history has always had a major impact on civilizations that endured them. Thanks.

I agree with you that the Thomas War mod is the best, and I have not changed anything in his original mod. I know from the countless games I played, that the various natural disasters do pop up occasionally.

All I have done is add a ton of technologies and units on top of his incredible creation. I am even now tweaking the next installment, adding such UUs as a British Hurricane, a Soviet T-72 tank, and several new ships. I also changed the Mechanized Infantry so it is more of a APC and does not compete with Tanks (which in the last build sadly players skip over tanks and go right for the Mech Inf).

Ok thanks for the feedback, and continue your work this is an awesome thing that your doing. Gonna give your mod a try this weekend cant wait.:)

The missing interface is general due to one of the following:

1. You are not running the latest build of BTS. Make sure you are on the latest build

2. You are putting the Mod in the wrong folder. It must reside in the
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

3. Do not change the name of the Mod in any way.

These account for 99% of the reasons why you are not getting an interface.

I have everything as it should be. I play the game for many years.I would like to play this mod, but I have a problem with missing interface.

I have everything as it should be. I play the game for many years.I would like to play this mod, but I have a problem with missing interface.

Have you tried any of the other big mods? Do you have any trouble running those?

I suggest you take a look here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281603

This is the thread for the original Thomas War mod and he has a ton of ideas on how to get the interface into the game.

Note: I have modified the Thomas War game by changing its name, so stick with Extreme.

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista make sure you are running it in Administrator mode.

Top Bottom