Extreme2

Have you tried any of the other big mods? Do you have any trouble running those?

I suggest you take a look here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=281603

Code:
If none of the above works, please enable python exceptions. (Open up the _Civ4Config file found in the Beyond the Sword folder. Search for:

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

Set to 0. Reload the game and post in the thread the error message that comes up for additional assistance.

This helped me. Thank you for your advice.

I hope you can figure it out.

I know I have had as much fun playing the game as I have adding new content. It may not be as rich in depth of detail as other games, but there is so much in the way of new technology and units.

Please note that unlike the basic game where the Tech Tree shows relative position of technologies to each other, because I have added so many techs the screen scrolls in both directions and I had to fill columns with progressive technologies that may actually should appear later if the tree is viewed in that matter.

That is, just because Sailing III is in the same column as medieval technology doesn't mean you get it during that era because its requirements actually push it into the modern era.

If you need help on the Civic screen maybe you can "borrow" The screen from Tam http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 well that screen might Fit your needs more then the Vanilla screen for both Projects you have it will be Handy as i had to chance screen setting higher for better civic screen (but it does play little crappy) but i play still the Original Extreme but i will Download This when i am done (for my feeling) with Extreme

do I put the downloaded file in the bts mod folder?

Depends on what version you have. I can only speak from experience on the local DVD/CD-ROM install and that should be located in the BTS Mod folder on your C-Drive. Look to the beginning of this thread or even better, reference the Thomas War mod installation guide for specific instructions on mod placement.

If you got it through Steam, it is of a different location and I do not remember where -- but there are a couple of articles/posts that describe on how to install the folder.

In any event, just don't change the name of the uncompressed folder and you should be good.

Let me know if you have problems!

do I put the downloaded file in the bts mod folder?

Depends on what version you have. I can only speak from experience on the local DVD/CD-ROM install and that should be located in the BTS Mod folder on your C-Drive. Look to the beginning of this thread or even better, reference the Thomas War mod installation guide for specific instructions on mod placement.

If you got it through Steam, it is of a different location and I do not remember where -- but there are a couple of articles/posts that describe on how to install the folder.

Steam install=(driver Steam is on)/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword/beyond the sword/mods

:thumbsup:

thanks for answering me. I have the DVD version, so I put it in the bts mod folder. I just used to that I have to unzip/destract the file into the folder..

What I do, which may sound a bit funny is put the zip/7z file on the desktop and extract it there. It will create a folder called Extreme2. Then put it in:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Inside of the extracted folder you will find an Extreme2 shortcut that you can put on your desktop and launching it will bring you straight into the game (your choice).

Thanks for the additional work on the Mod.

JosEPh :)

Oups, I just noticed that you have released a new version for Extreme2 also (with that of ExtremeMod / Multiverse);
hummmmm, you're making mylife terrible Mr Christensen ;-), which mod should I play now !!!!

Last night we played this mod again. To be honest I had decided to let this mod rest for a while because my play testers always kicked the AIs asses. Not me, however, as I tend always to be at the bottom of the scoreboard -- I like to mod but seem to suck at the game :(

Anyway, we played again last night and turned off the Aggressive AI and allowed all sorts of tech trading. We also unchecked everything but conquest for mission objectives.

I was still getting my ass handed to me, but I also found my playtesters too were complaining how difficult the AI was. So perhaps there is still some blood in this mod.

Had fun and everyone was cheering, jeering, and cursing by the end of the night.

Back to the adding more units, techs, and capabilities!!

tchristensen, congratulations for the mod =)

In order to help it to become a still better mod, I suggest:
- More religions (sugg: Mesopotamian, Tupi, Slavic, Yoruba, Engai, Druidism, Jainism, Baha'i, Wicca, Mormonism, Shamanism, Animism, Native American, Andean), all of them being able to be founded by tech research
- Fix Glass tech (it leads the civ straight to Renaissance)
- Fix some civs (some still have one UU and/or UB, some still have vanilla starting techs)
- Fix Hellenic buildings beep (Hellenic shrines, monasteries and cathedrals have Jewish beep)
- Replace starting Workers with Warriors
- More animals in the wilderness; make Warriors and Scouts generate food, hammers and science by killing wild animals
- Add techs to Medieval era, that age is too short
- Sync years with ages (on a game I was on Classical Age in 19th century CE)

tchristensen, congratulations for the mod =)

In order to help it to become a still better mod, I suggest:
- More religions (sugg: Mesopotamian, Tupi, Slavic, Yoruba, Engai, Druidism, Jainism, Baha'i, Wicca, Mormonism, Shamanism, Animism, Native American, Andean), all of them being able to be founded by tech research
- Fix Glass tech (it leads the civ straight to Renaissance)
- Fix some civs (some still have one UU and/or UB, some still have vanilla starting techs)
- Fix Hellenic buildings beep (Hellenic shrines, monasteries and cathedrals have Jewish beep)
- Replace starting Workers with Warriors
- More animals in the wilderness; make Warriors and Scouts generate food, hammers and science by killing wild animals
- Add techs to Medieval era, that age is too short
- Sync years with ages (on a game I was on Classical Age in 19th century CE)

Outstanding help.

Thanks!

Troy

I can't download the megaupload link.. :(

Those dirty rats pulled it down! First I have heard of it, and it would have been nice for them to at least send me an email of their action.

I will try and figure something out here in a couple of days. Perhaps even use that as an excuse to update it to Version 4.1.

Thanks for letting me know!

Top Bottom