[TAC]Discussion and Troubleshooting

Gomer_Pyle

Prince
Hi!

I am having trouble with TAC 2.02b. Around year 1550 and onwards game goes really slow and turns takes longer and longer. I also have issues with game just goes unresponsive after this time (Game Not Responding). In my latest game, I cannot get past January 1579. I have loaded several earlier games like year 1560 ect.

Any reports like this on the TAC forums?

PS: If a TAC discussion thread like this is not allowed then please delete it. :confused:

Hi! koma.

I would really like to do this. But I have not been able to post on that forum. I have solved it now and I can post there if problems occure.

Thanks for the DLL. Will test it now! Looks really like a nice fix.

Thank you "Google Translate"

May I ask how badly AI is cheating in TAC? They buy so many ships I hardly beleave it is possible. Why does AI need hordes of ships? And all the troops? Where does the AI get the money? Seriously? I do beleave I am a OK colonization player but wow. I cannot afford to keep up even on "Explorer". :nuke:

Is there a limit of how many soldiers and ships the AI build? The AI shouldnt get soldiers except when in war. But they are very very aggresive towards the natives.

Hi Gomer_pyle, :)

sorry that now it is a little bit difficult for our TAC project team to answer to all little questions that new anglophone users will have after starting our mod the first time.

Soon we will present TAC at CivFanatics. Then we will create a new thread here and give an introduction to the new features of our German community mod. After that most questions will be responded. And then some members of TAC project team will be present here often and will answer to those questions, which will be residual.

TAC 2.02b is playable in English. But the English texts of the ingame lexikon aren't complete, and a translation of our manual doesn't exist yet. We hope that we will present an almost completely translated version in the course of this year. People, who will play TAC already now, can download TAC 2.02b here.

May I ask how badly AI is cheating in TAC? They buy so many ships I hardly beleave it is possible. Why does AI need hordes of ships? And all the troops? Where does the AI get the money? Seriously? I do beleave I am a OK colonization player but wow. I cannot afford to keep up even on "Explorer". :nuke:

Is there a limit of how many soldiers and ships the AI build? The AI shouldnt get soldiers except when in war. But they are very very aggresive towards the natives.
Our goal was to make the AI a real competition, not a neighbour that you can steamroll whenever you are ready. The AI is not really cheating, but koma gave the AI a new focus on what to build (buildings, units) and the AI will now always take care of defending their settlements and have at least one offensive stack capable of conquering the natives - or you ;).
The AI is also no longer setting up every building in every settlement - which was taking a lot of their ressources, leaving almost nothing for ships and troops.

We actually recommended to our players that they start two levels easier than what they were used to when koma implemented his AI improvements.

You will have to find a balance between extension and building up your army now. If you don't, you will look like easy prey and some AI will declare war on you.

One tip: If you use the quests in the game, you will have a big advantage. The AI does not know how to complete a quest (it's purely random if they manage to complete a quest) and so you can gain some nice benefits.

I can't give you details on specific AI cheats, as I have not been working on that part of TAC.

I can't give you details on specific AI cheats, as I have not been working on that part of TAC.

There are only a few.
(I would not even talk about AI really cheating ...)

But AI itself is playing at very low difficulty setting per default.
(I usually change that myself to the same difficulty that I am playing.)

Where does the AI get the money? Seriously?
The European AI gets advantages by cheating, but also the AI has become smarter.

The economy of the AI is based on money. If an European leader needs a building, he accelerates the process of construction by selling the needed materials. If he needs troops, he buys them at the Europe screen. The most important source of revenue is the sale of raw materials. The AI is not capable of producing finished goods efficiently. The AI is also not capable of appointing experts at that town, which is needing them.

Therefore it is very important that the AI spends money on those objects, which are needed. TAC has improved the AI buying behaviour in several manners. For example, for being able to construct a certain building at a certain town, it is necessary that this city has a certain number of inhabitants. Furthermore, the AI can transport goods to Europe faster and more efficiently. Altogether the number of our AI changes is great, it is not possible to list them all. Koma, or AI expert, had spended a long time on improving the AI, and he was supported by many testers of German Civforum.

Therefore it is very important that the AI spends money on those objects, which are needed. TAC has improved the AI buying behaviour in several manners. For example, for being able to construct a certain building at a certain town, it is necessary that this city has a certain number of inhabitants. Furthermore, the AI can transport goods to Europe faster and more efficiently. Altogether the number of our AI changes is great, it is not possible to list them all. Koma, or AI expert, had spended a long time on improving the AI, and he was supported by many testers of German Civforum.

Hugh ! Writing bull !
Well, then... Thanks Koma for the AI improvments! Thats great news Writing Bull. I really think many of us are waiting forward to read the English readme or Handbook !

But AI itself is playing at very low difficulty setting per default.
(I usually change that myself to the same difficulty that I am playing.)
What do you mean Ray? In Civ4Col vanilla you can't change AI's handicap? Has TAC changed that too?

What do you mean Ray? In Civ4Col vanilla you can't change AI's handicap? Has TAC changed that too?

These are XML-settings.
(There are 2 of them: standard and quick game.)

Before I start a game, I usually change all kinds of XML-settings to the way I want to play that specific game. :)

Top Bottom