NiGHTS: Bug Reports

ekolis

Chieftain
OK, thanks! Hopefully this will fix a game in progress, so I won't have to start over? Of course, I'm not too far into the game anyway... :)

edit: hmm, it appears that now loading my savegame crashes Civ5... oh well :(

Morpheas

Warlord
Moving my warrior around the map, no terrain costs more than 1 movement.

I am able to move across rivers, forests, hills, everything, without penalty. Outside of my own territory.

markusbeutel

NiGHTS
Moving my warrior around the map, no terrain costs more than 1 movement.

I am able to move across rivers, forests, hills, everything, without penalty. Outside of my own territory.

v11 introduces a movement bonus along rivers. This is most likely what you're experiencing and that's not a bug.

Karantaner

Warlord
v11 introduces a movement bonus along rivers. This is most likely what you're experiencing and that's not a bug.

Ah - OK. I had the same experience with crossing rivers - no terrain costs. I have terrain costs for hills if they are not next to a river, if they are next to a river - no costs.

markusbeutel

NiGHTS
Ah - OK. I had the same experience with crossing rivers - no terrain costs. I have terrain costs for hills if they are not next to a river, if they are next to a river - no costs.

Yep - I wanted to give rivers some additional strategic depth, as they were a lot less useful in V compared to IV. I found adding this bonus also helps with unit gridlock at times.

gazius

Warlord
I can't buy an Odeon, or a vertical farm, and the odeon needs to be built near snow in the requirements, but I can build it in the desert.

Stele too.

Conqueror83

Chieftain
@markus:

I have one question concerning diplomacy: The screenshots you uploaded show that you built the diplomacy system with positive and negative points for certain actions that show when you move the cursor at the attitude ("neutral", "friendly"...) while talking to a leader.
But this doesn't show when I do so. Am I just to stupid, is this a bug or did I do something wrong!?

Thx in advance for your help!

gazius

Warlord
It's possible to develop your empire to the point where buying tiles actually pays you more money. Not sure exactly what the cause is, but it happens late game for me when I have at least 30 cities or so on the map and almost all are pretty well developed. I also tend to play on Settler and prefer the building up to the conquest.

markusbeutel

NiGHTS
when i am trying to start a game, it says, texture error. what to do?

Make sure you don't have other mods active, and also that you only have one version of nights, (delete older versions - disabling won't help).

Then, delete your cache folder and the contents of your ModUserData folder.

Finally, verify the integrity of your cache through Steam and defrag your game files as well. This should solve the problem.

It's possible to develop your empire to the point where buying tiles actually pays you more money. Not sure exactly what the cause is, but it happens late game for me when I have at least 30 cities or so on the map and almost all are pretty well developed. I also tend to play on Settler and prefer the building up to the conquest.

Will have this fixed for tomorrow. If you've managed to build Angkor Wat, and you've got a bunch of Stock Exchanges in your Cities, (5% gold discount on tiles), then it's possible that if you're playing on larger map sizes, or if you just have 20+ Cities, that you'll end up making gold for each tile you buy... :crazyeye:

Thanks for pointing this out.

StMikael

Warlord
Ahhh, I see. In the Vanilla version I believe you get a happiness bonus just by discovering them.

BKS

Chieftain
When I adopted Democracy I got something like 5 techs for free immediately and an additional one or two for free the next turn. I suspect something is not working right with the +25% to techs other civs know bonus. Is it applying +25% per other civ that knows it with no cap at 100%, so that widely known techs actually give you beakers?

markusbeutel

NiGHTS
Ahhh, I see. In the Vanilla version I believe you get a happiness bonus just by discovering them.

That's true. The yields of NW's are increased instead of the auto happiness.

When I adopted Democracy I got something like 5 techs for free immediately and an additional one or two for free the next turn. I suspect something is not working right with the +25% to techs other civs know bonus. Is it applying +25% per other civ that knows it with no cap at 100%, so that widely known techs actually give you beakers?

This'll either be fixed or removed/switched for tonight's update - thanks for noticing this. :)e - thanks for noticing this. :)

Kharris

Chieftain
I like the new mechanic of having a chance for standard mines to discover items like gold and silver, but if this does happen it doesn't seem to update your overall luxury items properly. The city screen will show the new luxury and the tile will be updated correctly with the new values, but the luxury will not be counted in your total luxury icon at the top of the standard play screen. Not only this, you cannot trade them or have them count in quests for city states as they do not see them.

My only other quibble is with 'Holy Knights' as a name - 'Crusaders' dude!

My hats off to you Marcus - this is the only version of CIV that I now play, and going back to vanilla CIV 5 would feel like an enormous retrograde step. Keep up the good work!

Kharris

Chieftain
Ok I didn't see the posts in the general forum about the mines until after I posted my comment above. Apologies!

Gorhaax

Warlord
In my recent game as Egypt both Rome and China had a Cultural Revolution at the same time (2160 BC). Rome got Despotism and China got Feudalism.

Top Bottom