NiGHTS: Bug Reports

In my recent game as Egypt both Rome and China had a Cultural Revolution at the same time (2160 BC). Rome got Despotism and China got Feudalism.

This is rare, but possible, as I've had it happen a couple times. It didn't screw anything up in the game like when you take over a city that's gone through a CR did it?

This is rare, but possible, as I've had it happen a couple times. It didn't screw anything up in the game like when you take over a city that's gone through a CR did it?

I hadn't taken over any cities so, no. I just thought I'd let you know.

Before 11.2 comes out I better point out a few bug I've found in 11.1hf. First the policy Trade Monopolies doesn't work, the PolicyType doesn't match in the xml. Also, not sure if this is a bug, but Legalism doesn't give the production bonus when building the new MaxPlayerInstances>1 buildings. Lastly the tool tips for the Smokehouse and Medical Lab say they stack together, however a Medical lab can't be built if a Smokehouse is already in a city. I also want to thank you for all your hard work on this mod, without it I would have quit playing civ long ago.

Before 11.2 comes out I better point out a few bug I've found in 11.1hf. First the policy Trade Monopolies doesn't work, the PolicyType doesn't match in the xml. Also, not sure if this is a bug, but Legalism doesn't give the production bonus when building the new MaxPlayerInstances>1 buildings. Lastly the tool tips for the Smokehouse and Medical Lab say they stack together, however a Medical lab can't be built if a Smokehouse is already in a city. I also want to thank you for all your hard work on this mod, without it I would have quit playing civ long ago.

Thanks for spotting these. :) I caught the trade monopoly bug but had missed the others. Will be fixed for the update.

Hi
Testing v11.2 I found a few issues. First, when I had some great people progress but later had none it displayed INF (Infinity or something) in the top bar (see screenshot). Not a real problem, but doesn't look that nice ;)
Then there was a weird protected by string in diplomacy dialog (2. screenshot).
I've already seen a posting with policies and lower resolutions not displaying the whole thing (mine 1366x768), it would be cool if you could get just a few pixels more squeezed into 768px. It is not much that is missing, see screenshot.
And last I had a strange bug somewhen in midgame where suddenly my scrollbar in the tectree disappeared. I know that I can select research projects in the sidebar, but it's by far not as cool as the techtree. I really don't know what I did wrong or when it happened exactly.

EDIT: my bad, I know what I did "wrong". Switched from playing on full HD TV to laptop screen during the game ^^

(Just for the info: yes i did clear my cache, did not have any older versions, do not have any conflicting mods, latest version)

Thanks for this great mod! :)

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Civ5Screen0011.jpg
    Civ5Screen0011.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 56
Hi
Testing v11.2 I found a few issues. First, when I had some great people progress but later had none it displayed INF (Infinity or something) in the top bar (see screenshot). Not a real problem, but doesn't look that nice ;)
Then there was a weird protected by string in diplomacy dialog (2. screenshot).
I've already seen a posting with policies and lower resolutions not displaying the whole thing (mine 1366x768), it would be cool if you could get just a few pixels more squeezed into 768px. It is not much that is missing, see screenshot.
And last I had a strange bug somewhen in midgame where suddenly my scrollbar in the tectree disappeared. I know that I can select research projects in the sidebar, but it's by far not as cool as the techtree. I really don't know what I did wrong or when it happened exactly.

EDIT: my bad, I know what I did "wrong". Switched from playing on full HD TV to laptop screen during the game ^^

(Just for the info: yes i did clear my cache, did not have any older versions, do not have any conflicting mods, latest version)

Thanks for this great mod! :)

Infinity is indeed what the Inf stands for - as you currently don't have any Great People active and there isn't any set number of turns until the next one is produced. I suppose I could make this say something else so it doesn't so much look like a glitch. As for the CS screen bug, I've known about this for awhile but always forget about it because I usually just use infoaddict and not any of the stock screens. I'll try and get this fixed for v11.3.

As for the 768 resolution, I might be able to have the policy info on a straight line at the bottom of the screen instead of doubled up as it currently is which would probably make all the info fit. Thanks for providing the screenshots - sometimes I'm not really sure what people are describing and this makes it really simple. :)

There is no scroll function on the tech tree. I just installed Civ 5 on steam 2 days ago so it should be up to date. Kind of lost what would cause this...

There is no scroll function on the tech tree. I just installed Civ 5 on steam 2 days ago so it should be up to date. Kind of lost what would cause this...

It may be you vertical screen resolution. I have the same problem. Is it below 1000px?

---

In the techtree, the links are sometimes not so obvious. Last game I wondered why Machinery still wasn't available so I clicked it and it selected Monarchy. Then I noticed the little link-line there. Would it be hard to redesign this a bit?

Also there is a annoying issue with the "CS don't drop below 30" policy. If you don't maintain the relationship you get spammed with Notifications about not friends any more followed by again friends (see screenshot). It seems to drop below 30, then the policy kicks in an sets it again to 30.

And one more thing.. Are the techtree tooltips (or at least the requirements) autocreated or hard coded? Sometimes I just can't build a specific building/wonder even if I should be able to. For example: I already started Renaissance Era and suddenly I got a Notification that someone built the "Nazca Lines". I wondered why it wasn't possible for me to build this Classical Era Wonder. I seems to have no (visible) requirement.

Attachments

• techtree-links.jpg
    techtree-links.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 150
  • policy-cs.jpg
    policy-cs.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 69

It may be you vertical screen resolution. I have the same problem. Is it below 1000px?

---

In the techtree, the links are sometimes not so obvious. Last game I wondered why Machinery still wasn't available so I clicked it and it selected Monarchy. Then I noticed the little link-line there. Would it be hard to redesign this a bit?

Also there is a annoying issue with the "CS don't drop below 30" policy. If you don't maintain the relationship you get spammed with Notifications about not friends any more followed by again friends (see screenshot). It seems to drop below 30, then the policy kicks in an sets it again to 30.

And one more thing.. Are the techtree tooltips (or at least the requirements) autocreated or hard coded? Sometimes I just can't build a specific building/wonder even if I should be able to. For example: I already started Renaissance Era and suddenly I got a Notification that someone built the "Nazca Lines". I wondered why it wasn't possible for me to build this Classical Era Wonder. I seems to have no (visible) requirement.

It is the screen resolution - if you can increase it you'll see the scroll bar, (no workaround at the moment). Having said that, you should be able to scroll the tree with a mouse wheel. As for the Monarchy/Machinery links, I'll see what I can do here. Sometimes I've had to had some odd connections in place to make sure techs are researched in a balance manner, and this is one of those cases. :crazyeye:

As for the CS policy, unfortunately this is it's vanilla implementation at the moment - although I suppose I could disable it altogether to avoid this annoyance. The building/wonder tool-tips are not hardcoded, (only some of the tech prereqs are). You've actually spotted a bug regarding the Nazca lines - as it requires a City being built next to a mountain. I'll make sure to update this.

In my most recent game as Persia, I took the policy 'free speech' (first 10 units maintenance free) from the Order tree. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working.

My scroll wheel is broken, so I guess no tech tree for me :( My monitor is standard size, maybe make some sort of scrolling key so us "less endowed" people have scroll functionality? The strange thing is there is empty space below the tech tree, so idk why it couldn't fit.

I also found a pretty severe bug. The Drydock (I believe is the name, gives +1 food in water tiles and a free policy) has a limit of 3 per nation, but you can keep rebuilding it after you have 3. It just replaces one of the other 3 drydocks, but you can just spam them for social policies. Absolutely no need for culture, can build one of these babies every 2 turns late game.

I stopped abusing it after I figured out what happened with the 5th, but I'm afraid the AI might see it as a preferred build option and shoot up the social trees with Drydocks.

In my most recent game as Persia, I took the policy 'free speech' (first 10 units maintenance free) from the Order tree. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working.

Hmm - it's definitely working in my test games, and it's not your first 10 units, just 10 random units the game grabs. Did you check your unit maintenance costs before and after you chose it?

My scroll wheel is broken, so I guess no tech tree for me :( My monitor is standard size, maybe make some sort of scrolling key so us "less endowed" people have scroll functionality? The strange thing is there is empty space below the tech tree, so idk why it couldn't fit.

I also found a pretty severe bug. The Drydock (I believe is the name, gives +1 food in water tiles and a free policy) has a limit of 3 per nation, but you can keep rebuilding it after you have 3. It just replaces one of the other 3 drydocks, but you can just spam them for social policies. Absolutely no need for culture, can build one of these babies every 2 turns late game.

I stopped abusing it after I figured out what happened with the 5th, but I'm afraid the AI might see it as a preferred build option and shoot up the social trees with Drydocks.

A scrolling key isn't possible at the moment unfortunately, and I'd like to avoid uploading multiple versions of the mod for different resolutions, at least until the mod is more or less complete. Nice find on the Drydock - I'll have to test this out and see if this happens in my games. If so, it'll revert to a 1 per/empire like the pavilion and moai statues.

Having said that, you should be able to scroll the tree with a mouse wheel.
I am afraid this doesn't work for me. The techtree is useless with lower resolutions (at least for me). Can only use the sidebar.

As for the CS policy, unfortunately this is it's vanilla implementation at the moment - although I suppose I could disable it altogether to avoid this annoyance.
But I have never seen that before. I know that Thal's Mod (or VEM now) has the same/similar policy, but I did not have the same problem there.

And it would be nice if you could display the amount of food you get from CS in the cityscreen. At first I thought it didn't work until I saw that the food is added to the city tile.

I am playing 11.2 as England, Small Continents, Large Map, Prince level, Standard and I find that I can build more than one Drydock in London. This is because it continually disappears! While it is very handy for gaining Social Policies, I don't think it is what you had in mind. After 300 turns I have built six in London alone :)

I am playing 11.2 as England, Small Continents, Large Map, Prince level, Standard and I find that I can build more than one Drydock in London. This is because it continually disappears! While it is very handy for gaining Social Policies, I don't think it is what you had in mind. After 300 turns I have built six in London alone :)

Yep - that'll be fixed in this weekend's update.:crazyeye: Try not to abuse it too much until then. :)

Certain ancient ruins don't give anything. No pop-up appearing or anything.

Mod Version: 11.2

Bug: When I go to 'Purchase' a building or unit the value is a negative number, so when I buy the building/unit it actualy gives me money instead of taking it away.
I think it's caused by me having a combind 'x% decrease to purchasing cost' of over 100% as I'm a financial leader (Harun Al-Rashid), have the Big Ben wonder (and most of the other wonders, I think another gives discount too), unlocked at least one social policy which gives a discount and currently have the government type from social revolution that gives a discount too (Republic IIRC).
I'm only playing on Chieftein, so while I probably wont be able to get all those things on a higher difficulty level, this being CIv5 I bet someone somewhere will be able to make an optimum build order to get this and break the game with it.

Mod Version: 11.2

Bug: When I go to 'Purchase' a building or unit the value is a negative number, so when I buy the building/unit it actualy gives me money instead of taking it away.
I think it's caused by me having a combind 'x% decrease to purchasing cost' of over 100% as I'm a financial leader (Harun Al-Rashid), have the Big Ben wonder (and most of the other wonders, I think another gives discount too), unlocked at least one social policy which gives a discount and currently have the government type from social revolution that gives a discount too (Republic IIRC).
I'm only playing on Chieftein, so while I probably wont be able to get all those things on a higher difficulty level, this being CIv5 I bet someone somewhere will be able to make an optimum build order to get this and break the game with it.

This'll be fixed, (or adjusted I guess you could say), for today's v11.3 and won't be able to happen anymore. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom