Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Thanks a ton for new version! Keep up the good work guys.

Question about GEM map (28 civ one) - i tried starting it several times, i uncheck Start As Minors and uncheck No Espionage, however i don't have espionage slider at start of game, and everyone start as minor. I also see all civs listed as minors on civ list in bottom right corner.

Is it working as intended?

Thanks a ton for new version! Keep up the good work guys.

Question about GEM map (28 civ one) - i tried starting it several times, i uncheck Start As Minors and uncheck No Espionage, however i don't have espionage slider at start of game, and everyone start as minor. I also see all civs listed as minors on civ list in bottom right corner.

Is it working as intended?
Is there another GEM? As far as I remember I didn't have 'No espionage' option on for any of mine, and as far as I know the last version I posted was rid of the 'Cheers' syndrome (Where everybody knows your name). I also fixed the part where everyone is considered a minor a while back as I was learning map making. XD

Well, one i started says 01-22-12 date in it's description.

After i choose my civ, options screen is up and there is No Espionage and Start as minors checkboxes.

p.s. tried same for 6 civs GEM map - same result. i tried creating game several times and checked in c2c options menu all possible options. clean install of c2c v20.

Ok, sorted out part of problem - it seems you don't have espionage bar until you established contact with other civ, which you cannot do when everyone is minor.

Still problem with starting as minor and littering bottom right corner at start remains...

Another observation:

Zoroastrian Ishtar Gate - enables contact with ALL civilizations and comes WAY too early to be realistic. My suggestion would be to limit that to either 1) as civs on same continent 2) civs that have contact with ones you have contact with, i.e. with ones that is possible to get contact through trade.

Loki Fist - i already stated before - it is overpowered for being non-national unit, i.e. you can produce unlimited amounts of it. In my games i usually get Asatru religion, because 2nd favorite one (Zoroastrism) other civs grab before me, so i have to build those Loki. By time of Flintlock i have 400-600 of them, with berserker i,ii and amphibious promotions free - which makes them unstoppable. Making them 15 units limit would be more proper.

Other religions that offer units, for example, give very limited number of them, Kemetism gives 2 - Ra knight and Ra something else (forgot), they come late at game at chivalry and are national 1 unit, Christianity wonder gives 1 random crusader every few turns, and that's about all.

Well, one i started says 01-22-12 date in it's description.

After i choose my civ, options screen is up and there is No Espionage and Start as minors checkboxes.

p.s. tried same for 6 civs GEM map - same result. i tried creating game several times and checked in c2c options menu all possible options. clean install of c2c v20.

Pretty sure I uploaded at least (one being problematic, and the other being a playable version) 2 versions that day.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11210433&postcount=101
Was the last post that I did in terms of map posting.

I didn't create a 6 civ map, nor a 28, I created a Pre Columbian start map (38 civs) and a 5 civ map (China, Egypt, India, Maya and Sumeria.)

Still a work in progress, but those were the 'not so final, yet (reasonably I hope) playable maps".
Currently in the works, Fine tuning the coral reefs, resources for civs (cow for the Greek area, Minoan culture, and considering giving horses to Assyria so they can build their culture) Babylon stopped requirig cow, and moved to wheat... need to go through the culture thing again. Granted, these are what I've considered 'city state civs, alot of other ones I haven't bothered giving their resources in their starting area because all they need to do is conquer.

The Assyrian part I might ignore, because they just need to conquer the area like they did in history and it would be within the 3rd tier city radius.

Edit: There was also a "No preset civ" map, which essentially is my 'Tomfoolery' map in which I do things with.

in BUG options i dont see debug \ Log options at all...(i can make screenshot if needed)

in BUG options i dont see debug \ Log options at all...(i can make screenshot if needed)

Logging is turned on in the .INI file:

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

If you also want in-game debugging options you also need the cheat code to be specified in the INI file:

Code:
; Move along
CheatCode = chipotle

logging of civ i have enabled - bugs from there i post here)

logging of civ i have enabled - bugs from there i post here)

Hmm. It seems the makefile has BBAI logging disabled in the final release build. I don't want to turn it on for everyone since (even with the ultimate XML logging turned off) it imposes a performance penalty.

However, I could do some work to make it dynamic (rather than a compile-time switch), and provide a global define to turn it on. Why do you need it? If you're working on making some mod chnages then I can show you how to turn it on if you're building your own DLL from the SVN source...?

Another observation:

Zoroastrian Ishtar Gate - enables contact with ALL civilizations and comes WAY too early to be realistic. My suggestion would be to limit that to either 1) as civs on same continent 2) civs that have contact with ones you have contact with, i.e. with ones that is possible to get contact through trade.

Loki Fist - i already stated before - it is overpowered for being non-national unit, i.e. you can produce unlimited amounts of it. In my games i usually get Asatru religion, because 2nd favorite one (Zoroastrism) other civs grab before me, so i have to build those Loki. By time of Flintlock i have 400-600 of them, with berserker i,ii and amphibious promotions free - which makes them unstoppable. Making them 15 units limit would be more proper.

Other religions that offer units, for example, give very limited number of them, Kemetism gives 2 - Ra knight and Ra something else (forgot), they come late at game at chivalry and are national 1 unit, Christianity wonder gives 1 random crusader every few turns, and that's about all.

Responded to on the C2C Religion discussion thread

I am thoroughly amazed that yall are still working on this. Civ 5's been out for a couple years and it's dead and I've moved on to modding Skyrim. I gotta say though this is looking pretty nice - you get the galactic era set up? Sorry for ditching the scene so many times before, but I'm just not into modding Civ IV anymore.

Just started a new game as Holy Roman Empire on the pre-Columbian. Noble difficulty. Got two starting tribes, clubmen and rockthrowers. Huh???

(edit) I unchecked start as minor civs but everyone else is, including me. Which means I'm at war with everyone. How can I change this?

I am thoroughly amazed that yall are still working on this. Civ 5's been out for a couple years and it's dead and I've moved on to modding Skyrim. I gotta say though this is looking pretty nice - you get the galactic era set up? Sorry for ditching the scene so many times before, but I'm just not into modding Civ IV anymore.

You could always come back for a thought or a visit. You can satisfy your old urges by sharing your occasional opinion here in the C2C forums:)

I'm deep into Skyrim too, and i love it, but I love the progress here also. Until Civ VI fixes moves everything forward, I'm betting on C2C being the next best thing. It certainly is improving fast and I want to be a part of that.
C2C keeps things fun and evolving.

Only the techs, era and music are in place. Could you please return to help us with the "Astropedia"? We REALLY need your help with the Galactic Era. I would be happy to provide you with any info you needed to accomplish it. Pleeeeese!! :bowdown::please::deadhorse:

At the very least can you help in the discussion and planning of it?

Only the techs, era and music are in place. Could you please return to help us with the "Astropedia"? We REALLY need your help with the Galactic Era. I would be happy to provide you with any info you needed to accomplish it. Pleeeeese!! :bowdown::please::deadhorse:

At the very least can you help in the discussion and planning of it?

Well as I have other commitments including college classes and managing my own Skyrim modding team, I could come back to help discussion and planning. I must warn you though, not only am I unable to physically work on this from time restraints and foreseen aggravations, but I also no longer have any of the resources due to an untimely virus two months ago.

Well as I have other commitments including college classes and managing my own Skyrim modding team, I could come back to help discussion and planning. I must warn you though, not only am I unable to physically work on this from time restraints and foreseen aggravations, but I also no longer have any of the resources due to an untimely virus two months ago.

I totally understand that RL comes first and you have been away. However unlike with AtoM where it was basically just you and me, C2C is a whole team full of skilled modders. If you can help guide us with what needs to be done I am sure between all of us we can turning our planning into a reality.

I also have all your old AtoM files if you need them. However much of that is already in C2C. If you look at my signature you can see all the techs we have, including your AtoM techs.

In short please help guide what need to be done in the C2C Galactic Era thread. Its preaty much been put into cryogenic hibernation waiting for you to return.

We also have a lot of new features and skills we can do such as unlimited resources, custom events, etc. It really is amazing what the rest of the team has accomplished and added on since the time of RoM/AND.

I hate to go into begging, but this is one part of C2C that really needs you in order to be made. :badcomp:

Top Bottom