Unit requests thread

I'd like to request Orcish or Goblin units for the following units:

Cuirassier, Grenadier, Rifleman, Cavalry, infantry, Anti-Tank, MG, Marine, Paratrooper, SAM Infantry, Modern Infantry, and Automatons.

It's a lot, and I'd likely be the only person to use them, but the Orcs are lacking in later game unit graphics, in my mod.

I was wondering if anyone is willing/capable of converting some Civ 5 units to Civ 4 (mainly Bernie's riflemen, but a few others) that I might need for my mod. If you are interested please PM me or reply here. :goodjob:

I was wondering if anyone is willing/capable of converting some Civ 5 units to Civ 4 (mainly Bernie's riflemen, but a few others) that I might need for my mod. If you are interested please PM me or reply here. :goodjob:

If someone is doing so, I would be also interestest (for my own mod and the mod of a member of the German community). He told me, that there were some world war II antiairtanks for Civ 5, especially the German Wirbelwind, Kugelblitz and Ostwind, which would be intesting for both of us.

Edit: Here is the download-link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17411

I've retextured this unit here (originally by bakuel) for my own purpose, but for some reason, I can't get it to work in game (it simply crashes, so I can't really see what the problem is). It uses Musketman animations, just so you know. Hope anyone can see why it won't work.

I've retextured this unit here (originally by bakuel) for my own purpose, but for some reason, I can't get it to work in game (it simply crashes, so I can't really see what the problem is). It uses Musketman animations, just so you know. Hope anyone can see why it won't work.
The "Editable Mesh" (46) seems to be the problem. If you delete it via NifSkope, the unit should work.

Some times agon, someone requested a cannon, moved by horses. Does anyone know if there is any progress with this project? It would be very interesting, I think.

Secondly, there are different artilleries towed by lorries in the Civ3 database. Could someone do this unit for Civ 4, too?

I made the Tomahawk, I think this would be easy to me.

Here, try this one.

Thanks. I have a few comments.

1. When the units fights with a ranged unit, I don't see the flying axes. When I used the anim_effects, it throws stones. Can you make it that it will throw its axe, please?
2. In the civilopedia, the Axeman doesn't hold the axe in it's hand. Can you make it that the axe is in his hand? (It's not a big issue, but it will make the unit even better.)

Apart from this 2 issues, great art. :goodjob:

Ops, sorry...
I tried to correct this, if it don't work, please tell me.

Attachments

• max_gauls.rar
    179.6 KB · Views: 43
The axe-throwing thing is working now, but the unit itself is a bit buggy. See screenshot.

EDIT: I would be even better if you can make it fight like the original axeman I provided when it's fighting with a non-ranged unit, and throwing axes like your model when it fight with a ranged unit. (But if this is too difficult, you can drop this.)

Well, I do not know much about animations, I used the existing (troglodyte) animations for my tomahawk, so I do not know how to change the melee animations. You are right, this would be great, perhaps someone else can do this.

I will try to remove the second axe, hope it will work then.

The axe-throwing thing is working now, but the unit itself is a bit buggy. See screenshot.

EDIT: I would be even better if you can make it fight like the original axeman I provided when it's fighting with a non-ranged unit, and throwing axes like your model when it fight with a ranged unit. (But if this is too difficult, you can drop this.)

Perhaps this one is better?

Attachments

• max_gauls.rar
    179.7 KB · Views: 78
I was wondering about two things. First, if this was the right place to ask for a leaderhead. second, if someone could make me a leaderhead for Phillip II of France for my mod. He will be PRO/FIN because it will have great synergy with the Musketeer(it will start with Drill 1 and CG 1 :p)

1. Nope, ATM, there is no own thread for this, so we use this one.
2. cfkane made a Louis XVI LH some time ago. I'm sure it could work well with just some reskinning ;)

I am wondering if someone has created a AV-8/Harrier that acts like a Gunship - i.e. hovers.

In the units stats, I will give it Anti-Air capabilities as well.

Could somebody please tell me how difficult it is to make an entire civ-specific unit-style in which they're all pig-like beings (Orson Scott Card mod)

Top Bottom