Unit requests thread

This is going to require some new animations. I am creating a new UU for India and I need a two-man War Elephant. I would prefer to have one guy operating a spear and then the other guy shooting an arrow, or both men shooting arrows, or one guy driving and another guy shooting arrows. Actually, whatever would be easier for the maker.

If you can do it please post here or PM me so I can send you some material, it is going to be good stuff you can use too, believe me. :goodjob:

Is there any Cthulthu unit art, or something that I can reskin as Cthulthu? Or, is anyone interested in doing Cthulthu?

Can't remember anything like that.
But there's somewhere an Octopus in the database.

Edit: Never Mind

Can't remember anything like that.
But there's somewhere an Octopus in the database.

I use Kraken's unit art from FfH and give it some bat (or demon) wings. It look pretty and quite decent in the game. But the problem is, the Kraken animation for attack make this beast turn 180o when attacking. Not to mention, its wings were falling from the main body :cry:

Does anyone know how to change the animation? Or maybe, someone is willing to change the animation for me?

Here is the screenshot. It made the monster look doing a silly bellydancing :rolleyes:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• cthulthu.jpg
    cthulthu.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 335
  • cthulthu.zip
    457.5 KB · Views: 74
This isn't as much a request for units to be made as it is for them to be fixed. I have been out of modding for nearly a year and got right back into working on my mod, I wanted to make flavored units for the Dutch ancient era because the available units were not really ancient-looking units. Anyway I thought I was doing really great, creating around 13 units but they don't work. When I load them up in the worldbuilder most of them are all twisted looking and a couple are just wrong (probably shoulda got a screen-cap of that). Here are the units in NifSkope...

Spoiler :

...but they look awful in-game. I literally created these exactly as I thought they should be made and seem unable to get them to work despite trying a few times. I was wondering if any of the veteran unit makers out there could help me out with them at all. I think these would be units the community would definitely want to get their hands on so if anyone can help post here or PM me.

HELP ME!!! I have attached the units to the post. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Finished.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
Some more 40k unit requests:

Commissar:
Spoiler :

Death Korps of Krieg:
Spoiler :

Mordian Iron Guard:
Spoiler :

Catachan Jungle Fighter:
Spoiler :

Vostroyan Firstborn:
Spoiler :

Leman Russ Battle Tank:
Spoiler :

Leman Russ Exterminator:
Spoiler :

Vindicare Assasin:
Spoiler :

Imperial Missionary:
Spoiler :

Sister of Battle:
Spoiler :

I am wondering if someone has created a AV-8/Harrier that acts like a Gunship - i.e. hovers.

In the units stats, I will give it Anti-Air capabilities as well.
I have found the model. Can some one change the animations so that it hovers like Gunships.

Attachments

• AV-8Harrier.7z
    265.2 KB · Views: 38
I use Kraken's unit art from FfH and give it some bat (or demon) wings. It look pretty and quite decent in the game. But the problem is, the Kraken animation for attack make this beast turn 180o when attacking. Not to mention, its wings were falling from the main body :cry:

Does anyone know how to change the animation? Or maybe, someone is willing to change the animation for me?

Here is the screenshot. It made the monster look doing a silly bellydancing :rolleyes:
I've attached the modified animation files. Had to immobilize the b_head node for it to stop turning. I hope this doesn't affect the look of the rest of the animation too much.
HELP ME!!! I have attached the units to the post. :goodjob:
Hm, those nif files are pretty cluttered, can't say what belongs in there or where. Did you already try to nifswap your modified meshes into the original nifs?

Saibot... you forgot the attachement :p

I've attached the modified animation files. Had to immobilize the b_head node for it to stop turning. I hope this doesn't affect the look of the rest of the animation too much.

Yay!! Thank you SaibotLieh! :goodjob: Btw, the female angel in the bottom of my screen shot is your Hindu missionary final evolution :)

I will patiently wait for his attachment :lol:

Hm, those nif files are pretty cluttered, can't say what belongs in there or where. Did you already try to nifswap your modified meshes into the original nifs?

Yeah, in both NifSkope and Blender the units look perfectly fine. So I don't really understand why they look the way they do in-game. All of the parts that are in there are part of the unit, I removed anything that didn't belong.

Ah, silly me. :p Here you go. :)

Yay!! Thank you SaibotLieh! :goodjob: Btw, the female angel in the bottom of my screen shot is your Hindu missionary final evolution :)
Oh, did not notice the new texture. Nice work. :goodjob:

Attachments

• mod_cthulthu_ani.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 62
Yeah, in both NifSkope and Blender the units look perfectly fine. So I don't really understand why they look the way they do in-game. All of the parts that are in there are part of the unit, I removed anything that didn't belong.
But you did not nifswap them yet, did you?

The unit might also work with the structure as it is, I'm just used to the cleaner look of the standard Civ units.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I nifswapped everything as far as I am aware. Could you post a screenshot of what you mean by that? On my end everything looks good.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I nifswapped everything as far as I am aware. Could you post a screenshot of what you mean by that? On my end everything looks good.
Sorry, no worries then. You just did not affirmed nor declined it in the last post, so I had to ask again.

Okay, then I guess when you put the models together in Blender you first imported the original unit and then imported the other stuff you wanted to add to it, right? At least this can lead to the problem you have now. I don't really know why this problem occures, but it seems like somehow the bone rigging gets messed up somehow. I guess it has to do with some attributes we normally don't bother about. So, I made as a rule for me to always import the orignal unit/leaderhead last.

What you can do now is to import your unit again with Blender, then import the original unit, arrange your unit so that it is in the same place as the original unit, merge both meshes and then remove all vertices of the original unit. For the last part, best select all vertices in the original unit's mesh and deselect all in your unit's mesh before merging. Then you can just delete all selected vertices after merging.

After exporting the unit and nifswapping the unit should work properly.

Sorry, no worries then. You just did not affirmed nor declined it in the last post, so I had to ask again.

Okay, then I guess when you put the models together in Blender you first imported the original unit and then imported the other stuff you wanted to add to it, right? At least this can lead to the problem you have now. I don't really know why this problem occures, but it seems like somehow the bone rigging gets messed up somehow. I guess it has to do with some attributes we normally don't bother about. So, I made as a rule for me to always import the orignal unit/leaderhead last.

What you can do now is to import your unit again with Blender, then import the original unit, arrange your unit so that it is in the same place as the original unit, merge both meshes and then remove all vertices of the original unit. For the last part, best select all vertices in the original unit's mesh and deselect all in your unit's mesh before merging. Then you can just delete all selected vertices after merging.

After exporting the unit and nifswapping the unit should work properly.

Ugh, oh man, alright. I guess I have some work to do here.

Top Bottom