Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

WoC = World of Civilization.

You look at each:confused:. I use CompareIt! something I paid for awhile back.

ok so i downloaded and compared and copied the missing lines using your program but i will test it tomorrow, i'm too tired now :sleep::sleep:

anyways thanks again !!! :goodjob:

edit: just one more thing, do you have any idea how to add sound effects to constructed buildings when they are done???

OKAY I NEED SOME HELP!!: i'm making my own modmod to c2c and im looking for a good pic for bronze\copper tools, if you know of any then please send me a link\download

thanks in advance :)

@DH, SO, Hydro, et al.,
I have done some more work on the religion founding tech placements for the C2C tech tree. See the attached file.

While it's not complete it does have some of the bottleneck religions as one Off techs from their original techs. Shinto has been moved to Martial Arts and one off from that tech.

Still more to do.

But can I get some Modding Team input? Would you all accept this as an improvement to Religion founding as the Only Prereq that each of these "one off" religion founding techs have is the original Tech. And Yes they are dead end techs.

I posted a shorter version earlier but it got lost in the flood of postings. Or ignored.

The file is a .rar of the .xls file That either MrAzure or vokayra posted. And may need updated. But the Main Idea is there and plain to see.

JosEPh

Suggestion for counting population (in the demographics tab). How about each food and commerce on a tile count basically for one population point. So for example, if an unworked tile had one commerce and one food, it would count as 2 population points, meaning 4000 people live on that tile. Let the total amount of people living on each tile inside your borders + the combined population of all cities equal the total population of your civ, as shown in demographics. This would make no changes to gameplay, just make what it says for population more accurate

@DH, SO, Hydro, et al.,
I have done some more work on the religion founding tech placements for the C2C tech tree. See the attached file.

While it's not complete it does have some of the bottleneck religions as one Off techs from their original techs. Shinto has been moved to Martial Arts and one off from that tech.

Still more to do.

But can I get some Modding Team input? Would you all accept this as an improvement to Religion founding as the Only Prereq that each of these "one off" religion founding techs have is the original Tech. And Yes they are dead end techs.

I posted a shorter version earlier but it got lost in the flood of postings. Or ignored.

The file is a .rar of the .xls file That either MrAzure or vokayra posted. And may need updated. But the Main Idea is there and plain to see.

JosEPh

I am away for 2-3 weeks. Usually I am against this but I may be comming around. But be warned I may be comming up with a total replacement for religions in the prehistoric era.

If you are making a Copper Tool Workshop you should just wait since I have some in the the works already.

well darn!!!!!!! iv'e already started the basics of it before reding your relpy :lol:
btw, if you need some help i would love to make some buildings for you because i honestly have no ideas for more buildings:sad:(i intened to have somwhere between 20 buildings and techs)

Techs? What kind of techs?

well i mostly intend to use the tech i suggested in my first post ever about tech ideas:old::old:...

btw, i thought a bit and i only came with only 2 building ideas:sad: : lawyer's office and thives den, do you plan on making those???

well i mostly intend to use the tech i suggested in my first post ever about tech ideas:old::old:...

btw, i thought a bit and i only came with only 2 building ideas:sad: : lawyer's office and thives den, do you plan on making those???

1. Do you have a link to your tech post?

2. The Law Firm is on my TODO list and we already have a Bandits Hideout and Assassin's Den. Note the Assassin's Den was going to originally be called a "Thieves Den" but it was better off being used for the Assassin unit.

In short I think we are on the same page with things, I just have a lot still to do. So much so it will taken me months to finish. There are some ideas I posted years ago that I am only just doing or am able to do now that the code has caught up to it (ex. Flammability was originally requested back in 2010 for RoM/AND).

@DH, SO, Hydro, et al.,

Still more to do.

JosEPh

I like the idea of religion techs being dead-ends, it forces you to make more strategic decisions on what to research, as now beelining religions is less profitable.

It also contributes to the idea of providing negative feedback to power in the game, as whenever you found a religion you have a dead-end tech, whereas others might have researched other things that aren't dead-ends.

Edit: I just read Hydro's response in the other thread, I'll respond there in more detail.

1. Do you have a link to your tech post?

2. The Law Firm is on my TODO list and we already have a Bandits Hideout and Assassin's Den. Note the Assassin's Den was going to originally be called a "Thieves Den" but it was better off being used for the Assassin unit.

In short I think we are on the same page with things, I just have a lot still to do. So much so it will taken me months to finish. There are some ideas I posted years ago that I am only just doing or am able to do now that the code has caught up to it (ex. Flammability was originally requested back in 2010 for RoM/AND).

yes, i guess we do think alike very much, i would like to ease your burden if you'd like, all i need is for you to tell me what you need done and i'll help as much as i can (a simple list of suggested buildings would suffice)

and here is that link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=457940

Been buzy with other stuff, so didnt try that.

Simple stuff:
Patent

The initial idea was prevent others from trading tech that you researched first, but that didnt work so now you get royalty/copyrights whatever fees when others researched what you have.

Doesn't matter if you are the first to research

Countdown to 200: 4

ok can someone please help me i have no idea what am i doing wrong!!!!! :mad::confused:
again every time i try to load it, it dosen't show up (even with texts and everything)
i will upload my latest work, please someone tell me why is this not working :cry::sad:

please help (hopefully for the last time)

Attachments

• not working_anunknownmann.rar
    17.1 KB · Views: 40
ok can someone please help me i have no idea what am i doing wrong!!!!! :mad::confused:
again every time i try to load it, it dosen't show up (even with texts and everything)
i will upload my latest work, please someone tell me why is this not working :cry::sad:

please help (hopefully for the last time)

For one thing, i wont even look at junk like this, no offense, but pls have it in the correct XML format first: I absolutely hate it when it looks like this:mad:

Can someone attach original BTS CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml, CIV4HandicapInfo.xml, CIV4ProjectInfo.xml

I accidentally overwrote them. They're in assets, xml, gameinfo folder

Would it be possible to link volcanic regions of the world to a hidden resource? It should also be influenced to a lesser degree by the geothermal energies (which I think also triggers them)?

I would rather them be connected moreso to a new resource thata would trigger them so I have more control of where they can technically spawn.
So instead of a volcano popping up in a fairly geographically stable location like Ontario (top of my head) I can have more control of them popping them up in the 'Ring of Fire' which is a more volcanically active region of the world.

Don't know if this is idea or strategy.

1. Tired of conquering a city only to have the best buildings destroyed? Try this. Besiege the city, beat the defenders down to 1 or 2 left, (careful not to accidentely take it), then use a spy to bribe the city. It becomes yours, intact, no buildings destroyed (except for national wonders), no anarchy, no angry citizens. Then you destroy the last of the enemy and march into your new city as a Liberator, not a Conquerer.

2. Got pirates but all you find are Triremes? Try this. Turn one of your cities, nearest a border of someone you have open borders with, into producing galleys, send that galley to the other country, gift it to them, then immediatly sink that gift with your Dragon Pirate. Even better if you put a warlord or noble on the pirate so you can get Dedication and attack multiple times, sink several "gifts" at a time. You will soon be up around level 10 or 11 with your pirate, not to mention all the GG points you will rack up. Do the same to any prize vessel you really don't want, never delete them, use them for target practice.

Top Bottom