A Babylon 5 Mod for the Final Frontier Mod

Yes. (I'm also asking because I've had some reports about this occurring upon installing MOO2Civ 5.3, and I've got no clue as how to respond; MOO2Civ doesn't require FF mod installed.)

The only other time i've had problems with the mod has been due to having other Mods installed that have the BUG ModComp. I've found that if you have played Rise of Man 2 or AND for example, whatever options you have set up in there for starting the game carry over into any new games started that also have BUG. Only way I got around it was to clear all of the settings in any other Mod that had BUG in it so a new game will have no preselected choices.

If this doesn't resolve it not sure what else might!

Suggestion - rename some of the resources to add "flavor" to the game:

Cattle = Spoo ("The Spoo is very fresh today.")
Wheat = Treel
Spice = Dust

I'm still trying to come up with good renames for Wine, Cotton, and Fish.

Psicorps; thanks to you and all your comrades in making the B5 mod. I am the one with the problem that Jeelen wrote about. I am trying to play the moo2 mod, but thanks to my love for marathon length games saving is not an option, as you can understand. I read your post and yes I am guilty of having a bazillion mods installed to BTS. I do not have much experience on the inner working of mods. When you say BUG Modcomp, what do you mean? I noticed that dune wars has a config file at the mod folder. Is that what you mean? Some mods for dummies insight would be appreciated and who knows maybe if I keep visiting civfanatics I'll learn enough to try making an Uncharted Waters mod. Any help would be appreciated.

Suggestion - rename some of the resources to add "flavor" to the game:

Cattle = Spoo ("The Spoo is very fresh today.")
Wheat = Treel
Spice = Dust

I'm still trying to come up with good renames for Wine, Cotton, and Fish.

Wine = Brevari
Cotton = Living Fibres
Fish = Flarn

Psicorps; thanks to you and all your comrades in making the B5 mod. I am the one with the problem that Jeelen wrote about. I am trying to play the moo2 mod, but thanks to my love for marathon length games saving is not an option, as you can understand. I read your post and yes I am guilty of having a bazillion mods installed to BTS. I do not have much experience on the inner working of mods. When you say BUG Modcomp, what do you mean? I noticed that dune wars has a config file at the mod folder. Is that what you mean? Some mods for dummies insight would be appreciated and who knows maybe if I keep visiting civfanatics I'll learn enough to try making an Uncharted Waters mod. Any help would be appreciated.

There are two menus that are affected by the BUG settings, the first ones are the Custom Settings for a game the second are the BUG settings. First of all boot up a mod that has BUG in it (Not the B5 one as this is the one you are trying to fix). Start a custom game and de-select all of the options and then start the game. Once you have started the game you have to press Ctrl + Alt + O to access the options menu for BUG. You then de-select all the options here and exit the game to desktop.

Next you boot up Civ IV again and load the B5 Mod start a custom game and choose your starting options, go into the game and press Ctrl + Alt + O again and set up the options you want, exit the screen and continue playing.

Hopefully this will resolve the problem you have been experiencing.

Ok so installed today and went fine, though I was hoping the slowdown during turn changes wouldnt occur, like for FF Plus. Any ideas on what settings can be changed to help speed things along?

Also, when I closed Civ and reopened it later, now all my ship models seem to swap between their icons and what appears to be a late tech ship.

attached a screenshot of it. Plan to search and see if this is a known issue and if so what will fix it.

Loving the game so far though!

Untitled.png

Ok so installed today and went fine, though I was hoping the slowdown during turn changes wouldnt occur, like for FF Plus. Any ideas on what settings can be changed to help speed things along?

Since I've turned on Quick Moves things seem to be getting along a bit faster.

Thanks, I'll try that!
A little more info on this model swap... thing.
It will continually switch back and forth, sometimes being the right model, sometimes the buggy one. For ships it'll do it mainly when moving.

With the ODS it seems to do it when you fortify it, or when it's not selected.

It looks like the standard carrier model from FF.

When its on the ship then it creates a supersized carrier model.

Okay did a little playing around with worldbuilder and it seems to swap all the items for their FF equivalents... or perhaps the base models you used before reskinning? I don't know about mods to know how that works.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the mod, see if that helps.

I have Civ 4 running on Linux. It runs very well all the way up to BTS. But when I try to load a mod, everything goes south.

The B5 mod hangs at the Single Player / Multiplayer / Unload Mod screen. It just completely HANGS.

C2C gives shader library errors - for which the fix is to reinstall directx, which can't be done on Linux.

Any ideas? As the unmodded game runs fine, I'm at a loss to explain.

I have Civ 4 running on Linux. It runs very well all the way up to BTS. But when I try to load a mod, everything goes south.

The B5 mod hangs at the Single Player / Multiplayer / Unload Mod screen. It just completely HANGS.

C2C gives shader library errors - for which the fix is to reinstall directx, which can't be done on Linux.

Any ideas? As the unmodded game runs fine, I'm at a loss to explain.

Unfortunately I can't help you with this. I am still running a Win XP PC and don't have a clue about Linux.

Just to keep you all up to date on how things are developing.

As mentioned before I have standardised all ships across all of the races so an EA Early Cruiser is as strong as a League or Minbari Early Cruiser.

I've revised the number of squadrons units can carry, downwards in nearly all cases.

Two new generic buildings have been added.

I still have some work to do on the Capital Ships as it would appear they are not getting the option to bombard enemy systems when they are adjacent to them. Once I've sorted this out I'll start work on the League Factions.

Hello Guys,

i recently stumbled upon the following site which may interest you:

http://efni.org/

Maybe PremierValle will find some more inspiration about ship models and you get some infomations for the entries in the civpedia. I just spend some time there...

Hello Guys,

Maybe PremierValle will find some more inspiration about ship models and you get some infomations for the entries in the civpedia. I just spend some time there...

Thanks for that Link Kiff, I'll examine the information over the next few days/weeks.

Hello everyone!,

I've been working on this since three weeks ago (time permiting), but couldn't get it the right way (it didn't render well, had to built it from scratch a couple of times), but at last here it is.

The Abbai Miliani Class Carrier features:
  • Poly Count: 696
  • Animation: FF Cruiser
  • Damage/Glow/Gloss: Yes/Yes/Yes
  • FX extra polys: 28

Civilopedia:

Combat:

Damaged:

What do you think of the colors?, I took the color combination (Blue/Green/Yellow) from here (ITF).

Hello Guys,

Yep, I knew that site, actually the EA Nike comes from it. Thanks ;)

:salute:

EDIT
====
The 15th Ship Pack is now available (does not include the Miliani).

Hmm, Abbai ships look very hard to make
This means that your work is simply fantastic, I love that ship!
Colors look good too

Hello everyone!,

I've been working on this since three weeks ago (time permiting), but couldn't get it the right way (it didn't render well, had to built it from scratch a couple of times), but at last here it is.

The Abbai Miliani Class Carrier features:
  • Poly Count: 696
  • Animation: FF Cruiser
  • Damage/Glow/Gloss: Yes/Yes/Yes
  • FX extra polys: 28

Civilopedia:

Combat:

Damaged:

What do you think of the colors?, I took the color combination (Blue/Green/Yellow) from here (ITF).

Yep, I knew that site, actually the EA Nike comes from it. Thanks ;)

:salute:

EDIT
====
The 15th Ship Pack is now available (does not include the Miliani).

Wonderful work Premier, I've added this to the game now. Work is still progressing on dividing the league into three separate civs as well as some of the other things I want to do, like events.

Top Bottom