[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, the Domestic Market doesn't seem to sell any goods to my free colonists, I mean they don't even consume any wool cloth or coffee. What is the minimum amount of colonists required before they start consuming goods

Out of interest, the Domestic Market doesn't seem to sell any goods to my free colonists, I mean they don't even consume any wool cloth or coffee. What is the minimum amount of colonists required before they start consuming goods
Don't know the details about the Domestic Market mechanic, but after all I've read (and experienced in my own test games) consumption does have random factors on purpose.
So having a colony with 2 free colonists does not mean, that these two guys will consume exactly the number of desired goods for sure. Perhaps one colonist does, the other not. Or one will consume coffee, one will consume cloth. Maybe these two guys consume nothing at all...).

But if you're having a colony with a lot of free colonist (lets say 10 or 15), they will consume acceptable quantity of their desired goods for sure (if the goods are stored!) :)

In middle and later game, my main colonies (filled with about 20 colonist/expert unit) gain between 100 and 200 gold per turn just by domestic markets :crazyeye:

For each unit, the demands are specified in the Civ4UnitInfos.xml (in percentages).

Typically, it reads like this:
Code:
			<YieldDemands>
				<YieldDemand>
					<YieldType>YIELD_COFFEE</YieldType>
					<iYieldDemand>20</iYieldDemand>
				</YieldDemand>
(...)
So, in this case you would need five units (citizens) to reach the demand for 1 unit of coffee each turn.

Different units may have different demands. This means, you cannot rely on the theory that 5 citizens will in each and every case create a certain demand.

Thank you for explaining, CB! :)

It seems that my impression of having random factors in domestic market is not correct, it's just solid mathematics... :D

Are the definitions in Civ4UnitInfos.xml kind of "absolute" or are there any further parameters somewhere?

Not that I would be aware of.
I haven't found any discrepencies so far.. but don't forget, I am just a player, I haven't programmed nor in any contributed to this feature.

Ah that makes more sense now, so to consume goods, you need a populated colony since people in the colony now has growing needs and starts consuming from the personal supply.

It seems that my impression of having random factors in domestic market is not correct, it's just solid mathematics... :D

Domestic Markets is solid mathematics. :)
(By the way, the random functions I usually implement, are too. ;) )

A colonist usually generates around 0.2 to 0.4 demand for a good.
(Depending on the good and his social status.)

Are the definitions in Civ4UnitInfos.xml kind of "absolute" or are there any further parameters somewhere ?

Considering the amounts sold, yes they are "absolute".
Considering prices, it is a little bit more diffiult to explain but also not really necessary to understand all details.

@team and partners:

Please everybody help to do some (safety) testing for our Nations.

Current internal revision from SVN.
(Delete the mod and do a complete fresh Export.)

To be tested:

A) Graphics for all Ships and Cannons

Simply place them with Worldbuilder.

B) Graphics for Military Professions:
Musketman, Veteran Musketman, Dragoon, Veteran Dragoon, Cuirassier, Veteran Cuirassier

Use Worlbuilder as well.
Simply place Settlers and Veterans in a City with a lot of Food.
Then place Scouts and Pioneers and assign them (and some of the Veterans) professions inside the city.
Thus you should have all Yields needed (Guns, Horses, Tools) to try the different Military Professions.

Suggestion:

Everybody picks one Nation and tests that one.

1. England <--- frontiersman, tested :thumbsup:
2. France <--- frontiersman, tested :thumbsup:
3. Holland <--- frontiersman, tested :thumbsup:
4. Spain <--- frontiersman, tested :thumbsup:
5. Portugal <--- frontiersman, tested :thumbsup:
6. Denmark <--- frontiersman, tested :thumbsup:
7. Sweden <--- frontiersman, tested :thumbsup:

Please help. :thumbsup:
(And tell which Nation you will test.)

I tested the Spanish using SVN 829, deleting the SVN files and doing a complete fresh export of the files. I also cleaned the cache, of course.

Using world builder I tested all ships - animations when still and running. I tested all transports delivering goods to Europe (including the galleon delivering treasure), and all military ships sailing about. I tested the fishing boat fishing, harvesting, delivering the goods and returning to the fishing grounds. Same with the whale boat. By the way, the 'automate gatherboat' is a great command which I used for both of these vessels.

I also tried the scouts and pioneers fairly extensively. I tested all military units available (eleven). These included mercenaries and the General unit, both the animations when still and moving.

All units performed well and I saw no graphical or other glitches. Bear in mind that this was only for 31 years (turns) of game play.

@team and partners:

New revision available in SVN. :)

Please everybody get it. :thumbsup:
(And clean your caches before strating a new game.)

1. Sweden now fully implemented.
2. Nationspecific UnitArtStyles for Caravela Redonda
3. Code improvements in DLL

Yes, the only military units that could take professions inside the city were regulars and veteran soldiers, which they did with no problems. All the mercenaries, conquistadors, cannon units, and general could not take professions.

Yes, the only military units that could take professions inside the city were regulars and veteran soldiers, ...

And normal Settlers, too. :)
(What we are currently trying to test is all the UnitArtStyles.)

Sounds like you have done really good testing. :thumbsup:

Yes, at least a dozen normal settlers.

Just to clarify:
I am currently interested in testing all nationspecific UnitArtStyles (not normal UnitGraphics).
(This is the reason for this post. Simply a safety check since we recently - after the cleanup - had a few issues with them.)

Basically all graphics referenced in this file:
CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml

So the only things that really need to be tested:

1. All Ships and Cannons

2. Military Professions (for a Veteran and one normal Settlers):

Musketman (Veteran and Normal)
Dragoon (Veteran and Normal)
Cuirassier (Veteran and Normal)

-------

Other graphics do not need to be tested again. :thumbsup:

I tested the Swedish using SVN 844, and cleaning the cache beforehand. Using world builder I tested all the ships and cannons graphically, both moving and still. And I tested each of a veteran, a regular soldier, and a civilian as musketman, dragoon, and cuirassier. I also tested pioneers and scouts. All worked fine. One point, though. When the veteran and the regular are in garrison in the colony view, they are distinguished by the veteran dressed in blue, and the regular in light green. However, when you put them working in the colony, they are identically clad in blue (both look like veterans). It would be much easier to distinguish them if the regular retained his light green uniform when working in the colony view.

I enjoyed playing the Swedes, however I believe they are over-powered. Giving them both an expert carpenter and an expert lumberjack at the beginning is a powerful combination -- too powerful. The Dutch just have an expert carpenter. I think the Swedes should just have an expert lumberjack, which is in keeping with their 'forester' trait. Having two powerful experts at the start may mean users will tend to only play the Swedes, and it also takes some of the challenge away when playing them.

Thank you, frontiersman!

But...ähm, can you post a screenshot where you can see units of sweden in light green? To my opinion they all military units look blue respectively different shades of blue?! Or do you mean the pioneers?

You are right regarding the veteran officer and the regular officer working in colony....they should look different a little bit.

EDIT: I will update the city "working" graphic (maybe red instead of blue...).

I enjoyed playing the Swedes, however I believe they are over-powered.

You are probably right.
When I played them, I also felt that they are a bit overpowered.

Feedback like that is really valuable. :thumbsup:

Edit:
Thanks for Testing Sweden. :)

Schmiddie wrote in post #1678 above:
But...ähm, can you post a screenshot where you can see units of sweden in light green? To my opinion they all military units look blue respectively different shades of blue?! Or do you mean the pioneers?

You are right regarding the veteran officer and the regular officer working in colony....they should look different a little bit.

EDIT: I will update the city "working" graphic (maybe red instead of blue...).

This screen shot shows what I mean. In the garrison the regular and veteran soldiers are distinguishable because the regular is in light green while the veteran is in blue. However, they are identical (blue-clad) when working in the colony view:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom