[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I had less stress in my private life and job lately and I so I returned to RaR and fiexed the Imports-/Exports-Limits Bug. Just to notice that Nightinggale fixed it in july already ( https://sourceforge.net/p/religion-.../ci/c0ba2ba2ad09bb70d6cbe3a1bdb8714fe3212863/ ).

My next step would have been to push it to my fork on sourceforge and ask Nightinggale for a code review. Making the code review the other way around now, I can say ... @Nightinggale, my code almost looks exactly like yours. I even did the code cleanup like you (e.g. put all the checks for changed data in one line each) and had similar comments - also about nice and selfexplaining variable names. I guess I have similar views regarding coding and readability like you. This gives me confidence that I can contribute to the project.

And obviously this time I was able to install the dev-environment and compile the project, mostly thanks to @devolution's post here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ild-environment-for-rar.632502/#post-15138038

I suggest making one thread per bug/request/issue. Because this forum is somewhat confusing. If I would like to know the status on a specific issue I would not have one single point of entry. I would have to search several threads. I also suggest to have two sub-forums. One for the bug-reports and another one for the feature requests. Have a look at this well working forum:

https://forums.factorio.com/

specifically the sections for bug reports and feature requests.

I also imagine that newcomers can be discouraged to participate on the forum/ the development because a specific topic might be scattered all over the forum.

Last edited:

Hi Folks,

As you have mentioned I made myself scarce in the last months. I thought about the mod for some time within the last weeks. I have modded for years and RaR was great fun and our "baby" four years. But life moves on. I have not the time for modding RaR AND other games anymore.

I notice that I have lost control over the mod since I have not the time to supervise the RaR forum, read all threads etc. But for me it is important to have control over all pieces that will be implemented into the mod and to provide own input. But I have no the time to do that in future.

After Ray retired from modding he left it up to me what to do with the mod because at that time I was the last active RaR modder. At that time I still had a lot of ideas and fun regarding the mod. But that feeling is gone. Hence, there will be no official RaR 2.8. I don’t know if I will find the time for modding in the future.

Therefore I have decided to stop all modding activities regarding Religion and Revolution. Religion and Revolution 2.7 is the last official mod version.

I will also delete the current webspace/Sourceforge/GIT within the next weeks and I will also stop all official mod support in the forum. Since there is still activity in the forum, I will not ask the admins to close this forum so that there is still a well known place for questions and activity around the mod.

I know that some of you guys still are interested in modding and developing RaR and that is great. I wish you all the best for future modding. It is – of course – up to you if you will work on this mod in future or start a new project with RaR as a basis. However, I would like to see that no further version of Religion and Revolution will be published under this name since the official Religion and Revolution project will end here and now.

It was a great fun to be a part of the Colonization 2 community and Religion and Revolution team for such a long time. We created a fantastic mod. I’d like to thank you all for your efforts and input to make the mod better and better and better. In particular I’d like to thank Ray for his leadership in the last years and nightinggale and devolution for their activities and awesome input in the last and final years. I wished I have had the time for more activity in the future, but that’s life.

I wish you all the best and kind regards

Schmiddie

Attachments

• publish2_7_mR_final.jpg
    publish2_7_mR_final.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 1,043
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom