Gods and Kings Manual

Wrong.

The PDF documents have the CiV rulebook first. After it is completely finished you'll find the Gods and Kings rulebook with all the amended parts. Basically skip to the last 20% of the PDF to get to the good stuff.

I'm not entirely sure how to read that passage, though. Does it really mean that you get 1 turn worth of tech - the average per-turn amount over the last 6 turns? That's paltry. Now 6 turns worth of Tech? That could work.

- Marty Lund

I haven't had one yet as watching the Footie but i believe its 6 turns worth not sure though it could be 1 Ave Turn worth which would be pretty teribad

I'm not entirely sure how to read that passage, though. Does it really mean that you get 1 turn worth of tech - the average per-turn amount over the last 6 turns? That's paltry. Now 6 turns worth of Tech? That could work.

- Marty Lund

Oh thanks for the explanation, simply hitting Search in the pdf for great scientist didnt throw me to that part of the pdf (in browser viewed).

I think it works like this:

Example science generated each turn (for 6 turns): 300, 304, 304, 320, 324, 332. Average would be 314 in this case. Lump sum would be 1884.

This 6 turn lump sum seems plausible and relevant for civs that prioritize science. The old "free tech leap" was indeed unbalanced while simply giving 314 science progress would be absolutely meaningless given the spawn rate of GP.

IMHO this only makes early built Academies more powerful. I used to win science victory by chosing Piety, worked every time. Now one actually needs Rationalism:lol:

In most cases 6 times your earned average science beaker count from the previous 6 turns won't be that much less than 6 times your science beaker count from the most recent turn.
(And if you just built NC the same turn the GS was generated you can wait a few turns; but that early it looks much more beneficial to build an Academy anyway.)

Does anyone know exactly what the new Monastery does? All I've found is "Use Faith to purchase Monasteries (+2 Faith, +2 Culture, more with Wine or Incense)." I was just wondering what the "more" was. Looking forward to some Mayan monks after work here (if the Ottomans don't kill me first).

Does anyone know exactly what the new Monastery does? All I've found is "Use Faith to purchase Monasteries (+2 Faith, +2 Culture, more with Wine or Incense)." I was just wondering what the "more" was. Looking forward to some Mayan monks after work here (if the Ottomans don't kill me first).

In vanilla, monasteries gives 3 :c5culture: base plus 2 more if you have either incense or wine closeby ( 4 more if you have both ).

Sammy: IIRC from my game, each Wine/Incense tile gets +1 :c5culture: / Faith. (Incidentally, can we get a Faith smiley?)

In vanilla, monasteries gives 3 :c5culture: base plus 2 more if you have either incense or wine closeby ( 4 more if you have both ).

Actually they gave +2 per imcense / wine, so if a city had 3 wines, a Monastery would produce 9 :c5culture:

Wine and incense now give +1faith and +1culure for each worked by the city with a monastary

just giving this a bump. thanks. Now I can read it while I'm downloading the game.

I'm pretty sure there has to be a spanish version, but no idea what the link is :dunno:.
It would probably help if a spanish user with G&K would just follow the instructions from the OP and post the link here, that would be really nice :).
(same counts for the other languages for which the manuals are not listed)

Headline says it all...
Can't seem to find it, if it exists?

Religion goes a bit over my head, civilopedia just don't seem enough.

After all the changes this game went through, I just cannot believe Firaxis still hasn't corrected them zillion faulty references in this broken 2010 Vanilla manual..:cry:
Good work on the G&K manual, though.

hi folks
I have a question: since I am a "collector", I'd like to have also the DLC Civilizations informations in a Civ5 Manual style (as seen in chapter 3 of the manual). I have all the DLC and G&K expansion, and the manual ("combined manual") has only the informations of the standard Civs of the vanilla Civ5 and those of the G&K exp. But there are not info about DLC civs. Where Do I can find this?
I know that in this site I can find all informations about Civ5, but I'd like to have a "manual" like that linked in the first post of this 3ad with all the civilizations....
thanks in advance

Top Bottom