Poland Discussions

The joke is they wanted to prevent x-months of spam and whine from poles for Poland in yet another Civ game.

Jokes aside, as a proud pole, i`m thrilled that we get our nation as a playable official civilization. Winged Hussars are comming, be prepared, and very afraid :)

Maybe the developers just realized that they really really wanted Poland all along but they were too ashamed about it.

I am so pleased to have Poland in the game, only because, being from Poland myself, it's gonna be intrested to hear Casimir speak.

And they have never been represented before so it's knew, but I gotta admit I'm once again not a big fan of the color scheme (bit of an eye sore) and the leaderscreen looks wonky.

About the UB name, I think it sounds more as Prince's Stable. (Ksiazeca seems to come across as Prince in this case..)

Another possible reason for Poland being announced first is that that might have been the only civ they had ready to announce.

The red and black makes Poland look like Albania...
Before today's announcement I was thinking that they will switch Poland color theme with Austria. In the end Austria has (for long time) black eagle. I don't understand this decission :confused:

Edit: ninja'd by Art Grin :)

It was a city in either the Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania or the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, no? Firaxis is a fan of these dual-culture kingdoms. Denmark includes the period of Denmark-Norway. Sweden includes the time they ruled Finland. It would make a lot of sense for Poland to include Lithuanian cities to continue this trend.

It was a city in either the Kingdom of Poland-Lithuania or the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, no? Firaxis is a fan of these dual-culture kingdoms. Denmark includes the period of Denmark-Norway. Sweden includes the time they ruled Finland. It would make a lot of sense for Poland to include Lithuanian cities to continue this trend.

Maybe it makes me angry just because I always wanted Lithuania to be in :)
If they are making the dual-culture kingdom then at least they could have chosen a leader from Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth era.
Because now its just Poland and Vilnius is thrown in as it was their city.

You're right that it's less than the others. Unless the UB could be from that era.

However, Lithuania would be a longshot otherwise. This at least gives them some inclusion.

Powerful UA (new cultural victory doesn't matter; it just make a possibility for such an ability), up to 7 free policies in game (seriously, I cannot imagine how much policies could be possible nerfed to make this UA a weak/medium one).

On the other hand, Ducal Stable is rather weak (1st: city needs pasture/resource to build it; 2nd: bonuses are quite medicore; 3rd: no info if stables do not provide gold by default in BNW, considering economy's rebalance). It's not like mounted units are favoured anyway.

Winged Hussars, replacing Lancers. Lancers. Lancers upgraded to Anti-tank Gun. Lancers with that huge window before Rifleman and Cavalry. Sipahi at least is king of pillaging. I am looking forward to see WHs' usage, though I am quite sceptical right now. I am not excepting huge changes around combat neither.

UA balanced with UU and UB? Nope, that UA sounds so unrealistically imba (maybe they will balance it, by adding "before Atom Era"?), while UB still seems better than Krepost for example. I like to play with Social Policies so this civ probably become one of my favourite. Especially if WH's special ability will be at least funny to use (not necessary useful).

Messing color of eagle is quite strange, but I don't mind it.

I don't think you need a Pasture for a Ducal Stable. It's certainly advantageous, but you can still build it for the greater experienced, faster building mounted units.

Winged Hussars, replacing Lancers. Lancers. Lancers upgraded to Anti-tank Gun. Lancers with that huge window before Rifleman and Cavalry. Sipahi at least is king of pillaging. I am looking forward to see WHs' usage, though I am quite sceptical right now. I am not excepting huge changes around combat neither.

Same. Lancers are notoriously unpopular units around here but as a complimentary piece to an army they can be useful. Sipahi is definitely that kind of complimentary piece. Hakkapeliita I'm not so sure I ever understood.

Winged Hussars however seem like they could be great. Send em in to break the up an enemy line and send em away to heal them up, only to have them come back and do it again (speculation obviously because we don't know how this perk works)

Sounds like it will work just like the Inca slinger except reversed: You attack and the enemy unit is pushed back a single tile if there is room. I'd assume the winged hussar stays on the same tile and doesn't move with the attacked unit.

Top Bottom