Who is this new leader?

The problem is that the architecture does not look a lot like Samarkand. Now, it looks a LOT like Lisbon:

And the "water" behind him could just be open sky.

Maybe it is not a feather. Maybe it is something held in the characters right hand, casting the shadow over his head.

After Shaka's similar shadow, I say Portugal. The two must be connected, as they are the two most wanted civs here.

A dynasty characterized by tragedy and madness…

"Blood Countess" Elizabeth Báthory?

My final word is that it is Vlad the Impaler and in the leader screen he is in the Bran Castle. Its not sea behind him, its sky.

They posted this on Facebook:

I'd say the use of the word 'dynasty' - and not, say, 'kingdom' or 'nation' - is very significant. It may point to an Eastern civ rather than an European one.

I don't know about tragedy, but Portugal had a mad queen. I'm not suggesting it's Maria.

He also shared the hint that "it's not President Garfield". I'm not sure if it was a red herring or not though :/

I'm pretty sure that was just Dennis making a joke. I highly doubt James Garfield has anything to do with anything. He's just a semi-obscure leader from a civ that's already in the game, and Dennis was simply cracking a joke by saying it's not him.

I'd say the use of the word 'dynasty' - and not, say, 'kingdom' or 'nation' - is very significant. It may point to an Eastern civ rather than an European one.

This is important.

If you look carefully at the shadow itself, he seems to be wearing a hooded robe or cape of some description.

I'm torn because the architecture looks Portuguese but the leader himself looks a lot like Timur...

Good point. Civ is very deliberate on how they leak information

And the Aviz dynasty was not plagued by madness - unless they are referring to Henry's Plantagenet heritage.

It is Vlad Tepes aka Vlad the Impaler aka Dracula. Im pretty certain.

Top Bottom