Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Estimated time for an official release of the SVN patch? It's just that I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of playing the SVN version, installations and such. T_T

Won Aztec UHV at 3rd try.

Pop is still 16, but London was 16 too, so I got UHV#1. UHV#2 has no difficulty at all. The key and fun were #3: enslave 20 European units.

I couldn't rush Europeans with medieval units, and there were not enough European units in America, so I turtled until I got infantry and combustion, fought American twice on the way (New York got Statue of Liberty built, sweet for my city state civic). Austrian was #1 European power this game, destroyed French long ago, but still had only riflemen at 1900s, so I smashed them with Prussians volunteered to be my vassal. English was tech leader and killed my landing troops near London. I killed some Spanish to meet the 20 goal.

Final civics: CITY STATES-representation-egatianlism-FORCED LABOR-free religion-occupation. My capital had 27 pop, opera house and 20+ slaves, National Park city (on iron in Canada, 15 forests in BFC) had CERN and 20+ pop, San Francisco didn't have enough time to match its full power, Denver & New Orleans were strong as ever, Chicago got tuned to use only 7 land tiles and stayed 19 pop. My 2nd city was Tuitan on silver - not very powerful but has initial benefit. Conquered Chichen Itza and Yax Mutal with starting force, 3rd city was on desert gold, with copper in BFC, it was a crappy site but has some initial benefit, maybe I'll change to Denver next time. Stability was shaky at worst. By the way, I conquered Native Tucume with Jaguars, and when Portugese conqueror attacks Inca, I got no invasion, instead I made trade with them.

Estimated time for an official release of the SVN patch? It's just that I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of playing the SVN version, installations and such. T_T

It's still a long way to go...
At least not until after Argentina, Brazil and 1700AD scenario is included afaik.

Sounds good to me.

Leoreth, bug the two of us next version about a manual.
That's great, thanks to everyone who's going to get involved with this.

I just hope you're starting now and keep it up to date as I go along, so we don't lose time with this when I'm close to release.

When the SVN people are talking about a 1700 AD scenario, you can start to get excited.

I'm a bit allergic to this kind of laziness though. Why should I accommodate laziness? I'm way too lazy for that.

Setting up an SVN repository is 5 minutes tops and then waiting for the download.

Uhm ... that shouldn't be the case.

A new revision with playable Brazil is being committed as I write this.

Short rundown of the features in case you weren't following the Brazil thread:

Spawn: 1822 AD
Capital: Rio de Janeiro (flips on spawn)
Leader: Dom Pedro II

Unique Power: Ethanol (sugar counts as oil for the Oil Industry corporation)
Unique Unit: Lenhador (Worker with Woodsman II, removing forests and jungles creates production and gold)
Unique Building: Fazenda (Grocer with +5% gold from Banana, Sugar, Spice, Coffee, Tobacco, +1 health from Coffee)

UHV hasn't been implemented yet and I still have to make some terrain adjustments. This includes making Sao Paulo better and moving some marshes around so the inner Amazon basin isn't as enticing.

I installed the current SVN. The initial window saying that Civ4 is loading pops up, and then nothing happens. Any idea what the problem is?

There is a red ! by the folder so that probably has something to do with it.

Probably! Did you change anything in the folder?

(Also, standard question, you did rename the folder to RFC Dawn of Civilization, right?)

Sometimes it may take a while to load a huge mod as this.

Yeah. Check your list of processes in the task manager. If you don't see Civ4BeyondSword.exe, something's wrong.

The process appears for the initial window, and disappears after that. The folder still has the correct name, and I didn't change any of the files.

It's really confusing, because it says it is at the current revision (493) but there are a lot of files that have the red mark by them.

Maybe the download was incomplete or a file was corrupted for some reason? The red exclamation mark in general means that one of the files in the folder is different from the online repository.

I suggest you "track down" the file by clicking through the folders on which the red symbol appears, delete it and update the whole mod folder again.

I looked into the error and I think I found the problem. I needed to use "revert" on the affected files and everything is working now.

I'm about to upload a new revision.
- Brazilian UHV
- National Park changed from no unhealthiness to +8 health
- Argentina added as a civ but not added as a player yet
- oh and a little bonus for everyone who plays with sound ;)

That means that Argentina will be there but not playable?

Top Bottom