El_hidalgo's World Maps

are you making the map(s) for Cole? If so are you making one big one or several smaller ones, because I would like to see some nice small maps, there isn't many out there

I think I will do the Egyptian one. That sounds interesting and it could be used for both ancient and modern scenarios. It won't end up being too big. I don't really like doing big maps anyway. Small is beautiful. :D

Personally Id like to see a Libyan one since it was more of war, the Egyptian one wouldnt work well in cIV, but the Libyan one would. I think either it should be something like the black or orange box in the picture, the orange one would be a nice small map

Attachments

• new map.png
    new map.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 167
Here's my progress so far on the Egypt map, sort of a "Greater Egypt" map, though I could chop it up as desired. dacubz145, I can see your point about it not working well. I could polish it up but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile.....

Attachments

• egypt.png
    egypt.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Egypt2.rar
    5.6 KB · Views: 159
your NW Europe looks good, are the resources pre-placed or random? what about the civs?

i like your egypt map, shame theres not more of the middle east on the map as then it would be great for the Arab-Israeli Wars or Suez Crisis. mind you Sinai Peninsula would need to be bigger for battles in that area and golan heights too.

your NW Europe looks good, are the resources pre-placed or random? what about the civs?

i like your egypt map, shame theres not more of the middle east on the map as then it would be great for the Arab-Israeli Wars or Suez Crisis. mind you Sinai Peninsula would need to be bigger for battles in that area and golan heights too.

Thanks! Resources and civs are random. If you or anyone wants me to create a version with accurate placement of civs, I'd be happy to. I thought of placing England and France, of course, and then putting the Celts in Dublin, but I wasn't sure if that would make for an interesting game (unless you like isolated starts).

Resources are a different problem. For example, where would I place rice? Silk? Spices? That's why I don't usually bother placing them. That and also it's a lot of work! ;)

The idea of a map for an Arab-Israeli Wars scenario is an interesting one.

Thanks! Resources and civs are random. If you or anyone wants me to create a version with accurate placement of civs, I'd be happy to. I thought of placing England and France, of course, and then putting the Celts in Dublin, but I wasn't sure if that would make for an interesting game (unless you like isolated starts).

Resources are a different problem. For example, where would I place rice? Silk? Spices? That's why I don't usually bother placing them. That and also it's a lot of work! ;)

The idea of a map for an Arab-Israeli Wars scenario is an interesting one.

my personal preference for either maps of earth or areas of earth is for pre-placed resources both for accuracy and making scenario purposes and when i'm playing my own game i like knowing where to go to get oil, suppose its kinda cheating but still LOL.

yes i would like to see Arab-Israeli Wars scenario with a map to go with it. if you do happen to make one i would defiantly talk to dacubz145 about an scenario for his TTT mod.

there is already a mod about that isnt there? one that focusses on the middle ewst post ww2

Not sure if there are any others, but I was able to find a scenario called Exodus; the map is basically the Levant though. I was thinking of taking it into Egypt and Iraq. Of course I'm just thinking of the map. Someone else would have to make the scenario.

theres one for the first arab-israeli war called Middle East Mod 1948 but the map covers a good size area. greece, turkey, iran, iraq, afganistan. whole of saudi arabia, yemen etc etc.

as shown in picture 1

where as i was thinking a more localised map

as shown in picture 2

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 179
Thanks, took a look at that mod. Didn't really care for the map. I was thinking along the same lines as you but cutting it off around Mosul to the north, everything west of the Nile, and southern Iraq. So Turkey and Iran would not be featured at all.

Could you make me a map of the German Empire?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 177
Here's my progress so far on the Egypt map, sort of a "Greater Egypt" map, though I could chop it up as desired. dacubz145, I can see your point about it not working well. I could polish it up but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile.....

Great map, but I'd suggest adding grassland around Lake Nasser(?), making it fertile.

@ El_Hidalgo:

Great maps but I can't get them to work on my CIV BTS. I'm new to the forums but I was trying to find some information on map making. What map maker do you use anyways? And where would I be able to download it? Thanks.

@ El_Hidalgo:

Great maps but I can't get them to work on my CIV BTS. I'm new to the forums but I was trying to find some information on map making. What map maker do you use anyways? And where would I be able to download it? Thanks.

Where did you place the downloaded maps?

@hidalgo, do you plan on finishing the Egypt map? If not I'd like to finish it for you sometime

Where did you place the downloaded maps?

I put them in several places on my Civ 4 Beyond the Sword. Public maps, scenarios etc. I'm new to downloading maps and mods.

To me it seemed like the maps were meant for the original Civ 4 and not the BTS expansion. Do I need to convert these files some how? Or have I simply put them in the wrong spots. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom