End of Empires - N3S III

That was fantastic.

To The Cities of Cheidia and Tars,
know of the will and beneficence of the Red Chamber

The Republic is not the Empire of old, and discards those trappings, for they avail us not. The rights of your cities to their own rule are known well, and would not be trampled upon by the Daharai. We here promise that those rights shall henceforth be made inalienable by the Republic, or by any other.

We afford your cities our protection, and ask only in turn that you renounce the avaricious merchants of Leun. Did not the Leunans forbid your own trade as they did ours without thought for consequence? So long as peace should reign, the Daharai should forbid no other the right to his trade, and to the waters of the Nakalani.

The Daharai know their Righteous duty, and will abandon no man who should respect the Precepts to the depredations of the foreign goddess.

-------

To His Eminence the King of Farea,

The Daharai do not forsake you. You need suffer not the advances of the foreign cult. The Leunans shall be dissuaded from their tyranny, and Farea shall be made free from that unwholesome sway.

To you we send in force the arms of our Orders, and together we shall make it so.

In the Name of the Republic and its People,
Eandar, Opulens Exarkai

I do believe Matt is still Leun.

This wouldn't be the first time he's tried to bail.

To the Great Cities of Cheidia:
From the New Senate of the Leunans

During the chaos, our thoughts were with you, and we signed a waiver for you, along with several other states. However, in the turmoil, we did not have a chance to send it to you, but so long as you remain friends with the New Senate, the Indigo Gate will remain open to the Chedians. We hope you do not follow in the footsteps of Parthe, the faithless scum, who received an early waiver due to their flatterer already being in court at the time of turmoil. We know you will remain a staunch ally, and we Leunans never forget a friend.

To Tars, the Glorious City State of the Western Coast

We hope you will remember our friendship, stretching back to the Eastern League, and come to our aid, or at least remain neutral in this conflict, out of respect for our forefathers who created our strong alliance. In fact, once this war is over, we are willing to work with you and others to reinstate the Eastern League, in which we will both benefit greatly. Of course, dependent on you remaining our ally, you will always be allowed unhindered passage through the Indigo Gate.

The Old Senate is done, buried in the dust as they deserved, and the New Senate is prepared to forge better, stronger relationships with those we know to be our friends.

-Consul Marc Reum of the Leunan Senate, Magistrate and Seneschal

To the New Senate of the Leunans
From Crown Prince Genda Dascawen, in the name of King Wertus Dascawen of Parthe

It seems you haven't collapsed after all! Glorious news! My men and ships have been patrolling several colonies of yours after your garrisons left to fight a certain war, and we've kept down the pirates and collected the taxes and other such things. We hope that our presumptions do not tarnish our former friendly relationship with the Leunan people. Now, down to business! My wife as told me that you Leun prize money above all, and so far I've seen it to be true. If I turn over tax incomes of these colonies over to you until a more permanent deal be arranged, to the tune of (200 gold per year), I hope that my mistake can be overlooked.

To the New Senate of Leunans
From King Wertus Dascawen of Parthe

My son is young and idealistic. Please, in the name of our old ties, give both he and our nation as a whole some slack. We shall defend these islands as if they are our own until you are ready to reclaim them. And I am certain we can make a deal pertaining otherwise.

To Parthe, the Traitors of the North
From Leun, the Glorious and Everlasting Republic

Never again shall the New Senate of the Leunans associate with scum such as you. While the Old Senate was indecisive in dealing with filth like you, the new order will bring our wrath upon you like that of Her flaming sun. Our ships will fill your seas like so many stars in the sky, and our armies will march across your lands with the fury of the burning sun. None will be safe from our scourge, and none shall withstand our might. Your cities will burn and your fields salted, your men killed and your women ravaged. Do not bother prepare for the might of the New Senate, traitors, for you cravens will flee at the sight of our magnificent banners. Your days are numbered.

-Council Marc Reum, Magistrate and Seneschal

You're joking. You're joking right? Com'ere. Is this right? Is this seal a counterfeit?

No? No. DAMN NO. My wife says this is real? Well you know what, I'm done with the Senate. The Leun people deserve better than a room full of fogies and clods. Like a King. My son here is half Leun, surely he'll be a better ruler than the lot of you! Come with all your ships, I'm sure you can, with the Daharai yipping at your tails. Parthe is no vassal of Leun, never was and never will be.

-Crown Prince Genda Dascawen

------------

My friends in the Senate. I am sad to read this letter, but I guess this was inevitable the moment I moved my court from Parta to Zarpe. I can only pray that the stars will watch after our mutual dead.

-King Wertus Dascawen

OOC: Facepalm

To: The Godlikes of Moti, the Sarafaiao of the Farubaida

The Ayasi is dead. By the terms which he set, and the challenge which he made, you have failed.

But I bear your peoples no ill-will. This is the fault of the arrogance and unbridled aggression of the Elephant Family, whose exatas has diminished as did the Star Tribe under Xetares. It is the fault of the Elephant Family that sons and daughters of the other Families are now hostages, two of your cities ruined, and your best soldiers slain. The hostages will be returned to you if you are now willing to accept peace. If you refuse, they will be distributed to the conquering princes and their retinues as slaves.

To the Farubaida, who fought for the liberation of the Oscadian people, I say this: If you accept my peace, I will provide one year for those Oscadians who wish to accept exile to leave without punishment.

My offer of peace is as follows:

The Farubaida will leave the island of Aldina, returning it to the Airani who are its rightful owners.

The Moti will cede Satara to the control of the Karapeshai, and return the cities of Eshirath and Karamha to the Vithana.

Your empires do not need these lands, and they are not yours by right. I do not seek to place the Sehorsehockyes or Faronun back in bondage, or to destroy all that you have built. Leave us in peace, and we will do the same. I will not bring further apocalypse upon the south unless you stubbornly insist that I do so.

But if you do insist, then with a heavy heart, I will punish you.

Qasaarai,

It seems the decline of once-great bloodlines is not a phenomenon limited to Moti. You speak blazing threats, you speak of your love of your sister and your desire for fire and death in the service of your goddess, and yet when the time comes to fit actions to the words you come forward only reluctantly and turn tail at the first sign of danger. Your namesakes relished a worthy enemy, and so built an empire, and even Khatai did not quail before Avetas as you do before Sherakhin and myself. You embarrass yourself and shame your men; though they are misguided, they still deserve better than you.

I warn you that if you stay in Gallat our forces will, sooner or later, come against you, and we both know that you cannot stand before the assembled might of the Faithful. And you must know that your next failure will cost you your empire. Happily for you, however, we Gallatenes are not gripped by the savage bloodlust of you Savirai. We do not need to see you dead in the dust and Vana and Gurach in flames to be satisfied. Leave the west and go back to your desert, and we will leave you what little honour you yet retain. There is less shame in admitting failure than persisting in the delusion of imminent success.

Altaro Javan, Halyr of Gallat

To Toha, Zar, Stato'i, Tsutongmerang, Parna & Irnat
From Atsan

We have visited each of you in recent years, and wish to form stronger bonds between our nations. Atsan is a solid, old nation, you are new, fresh and vibrant. Might we use our strengths together to support each other to hide our weaknesses?

Diplomacy:

To Toha, Zar, Stato'i, Tsutongmerang, Parna & Irnat
From Atsan

We have visited each of you in recent years, and wish to form stronger bonds between our nations. Atsan is a solid, old nation, you are new, fresh and vibrant. Might we use our strengths together to support each other to hide our weaknesses?

...What?

Putting aside that we have some rather more pressing concerns at this moment, what exactly are you proposing?

To The Cities of Cheidia and Tars,
know of the will and beneficence of the Red Chamber

The Republic is not the Empire of old, and discards those trappings, for they avail us not. The rights of your cities to their own rule are known well, and would not be trampled upon by the Daharai. We here promise that those rights shall henceforth be made inalienable by the Republic, or by any other.

We afford your cities our protection, and ask only in turn that you renounce the avaricious merchants of Leun. Did not the Leunans forbid your own trade as they did ours without thought for consequence? So long as peace should reign, the Daharai should forbid no other the right to his trade, and to the waters of the Nakalani.

The Daharai know their Righteous duty, and will abandon no man who should respect the Precepts to the depredations of the foreign goddess.

We understand where you are coming from, but perhaps you understand when we say we have no wish to get involved in your conflict. Rest assured that we shall not aid Leun, either.

To His Eminence the King of Farea,

The Daharai do not forsake you. You need suffer not the advances of the foreign cult. The Leunans shall be dissuaded from their tyranny, and Farea shall be made free from that unwholesome sway.

To you we send in force the arms of our Orders, and together we shall make it so.

In the Name of the Republic and its People,
Eandar, Opulens Exarkai

The heathen warmongers shall be driven from our fair isle.

To the Great Cities of Cheidia:

During the chaos, our thoughts were with you, and we signed a waiver for you, along with several other states. However, in the turmoil, we did not have a chance to send it to you, but so long as you remain friends with the New Senate, the Indigo Gate will remain open to the Chedians. We hope you do not follow in the footsteps of Parthe, the faithless scum, who received an early waiver due to their flatterer already being in court at the time of turmoil. We know you will remain a staunch ally, and we Leunans never forget a friend.

To Tars, the Glorious City State of the Western Coast

We hope you will remember our friendship, stretching back to the Eastern League, and come to our aid, or at least remain neutral in this conflict, out of respect for our forefathers who created our strong alliance. In fact, once this war is over, we are willing to work with you and others to reinstate the Eastern League, in which we will both benefit greatly. Of course, dependent on you remaining our ally, you will always be allowed unhindered passage through the Indigo Gate.

The Old Senate is done, buried in the dust as they deserved, and the New Senate is prepared to forge better, stronger relationships with those we know to be our friends.

-Consul Marc Reum of the Leunan Senate, Magistrate and Seneschal

Understood, but do not expect us to join this war on either side.

Moar OOC:

I'll try not to cheapen it.

NK, this is probably one of your best ones yet.

That was fantastic.

Excellent update! Awesome battles, hilarious shenanigans, and overall one of the best I've seen so far. Stories and diplomacy incoming.

Thanks, guys. :)

OOC: I enjoyed that. So where exactly, right now, is my expeditionary force that is helping the Moti?

It's in Lotumbo.

Well, religious endeavours of a late-order minor not being mentioned probably has to do with a) pacing b) these endeavours being miniscule and probably fallacious c) the late-order minor is a god damn late-order minor but waaah you did not even mention my half-assed establishment of an actual religion.

It was a combination of their small scale, that they didn't fit into the pacing of the update, that I had already finished your section by the time I received them, and yeah, that they were late. Sorry. :p

Does anyone have the ability to make one of those snazzy maps that animates between all the different updates?

I do. But I usually wait a few updates between until I do them again. They're a little bit of work.

I'll be taking Leun.

Acknowledged.

Stats (and front page) either tonight or tomorrow.

To: The High Ward of Gallat

We are interested in a clarification of what exactly is meant by the rumors we have heard of state-sanctioned worship of the defeated enemies of our Exatai, Aelona and Kintyra. It seems strange to us, not least because Aelona was the wife of a man who tried very strenously to destroy Gallat, and the mother of the man who tries very strenuously to destroy it now.

We hope that this is simply a mistake that we might come to rectify with time and care.

To: Arteras, Prince of the Scroll

The Faith well understands the Prince's reservations, as we long shared them. You need not remind us that evil men have exploited the aura of Alon and Kintir for their own purposes: I assure you we remember all too well the names cried by the barbarians as they burned Gallasa. But it is also undeniable that many good men, Faithful men, saw something in them that led them closer to the Way, though later they were indeed led astray by false kings. As Wards it is our duty to penetrate the veils cast by darkness and determine the Truth of things. We have accordingly investigated the lives of Alon and Kintir, received testimony from men who knew them, and consulted with the most learned Wards from across the lands of the Faithful. And in so doing we have determined that in their lives and works Alon and Kintir were no enemies of the Way. They burned no cities, murdered no children. As far as we can determine they worked for the benefit and protection of the people of the north, living among them and tending to their sicknesses and teaching them of virtue. Such actions cannot be evil. And while it is true that Alon and Kintir were once tied to the Savirai royal family, it is also true that they were rejected, cast into exile, and the Savirai rejoiced when they died. There is no clearer indication of their fundamental virtue than their rejection of and by the savage emperor.

The Faith and the Faithful, I assure you, remain committed to defeating the enemies of Manin and Exatai, and as part of that effort we will not allow our enemies to break the truth, appropriate the Haradim and hide darkness behind their reflected light.

Top Bottom