End of Empires - N3S III

A path that leads to madness. Or 3 month long updates.

in a game that's gone on five years, 3 months passes by like the blink of an eye. That said the main reason I'm stating my willingness is because the people who have noted their orders will be late (Das and Masada) control nations that are rather important in major current in-game events, and considering this I think it better to allow them and the other Johnny-submit-lately's a bit of leeway, at least in this singular instance.

Speaking as someone who's orders are already in, I'm sure people are patient enough to endure a longer update to enable you to appropriately incorporate the slackers order. Particularly when it comes to matters of significance.

I, personally, am not patient enough to endure a longer update to appropriately incorporate said slackers. Assuming of course, that 'appropriate incorporation' is not the complete disregard of the delinquent players orders, which would be the fair way of approaching these sorts of issues.

Still, I do appreciate how self-interest can make liberals of us all when it comes to bending the rules.

And vice versa, apparently. :p The contingency that may have delayed me did not yet manifest strongly enough, so I'm typing up orders right now.

Assuming of course, that 'appropriate incorporation' is not the complete disregard of the delinquent players orders, which would be the fair way of approaching these sorts of issues.

Fairness does not come into my thinking here (in fact an appeal to "fair" should be instantly rejected in a political game), only that world-changing events that will determine the future five years of the game shouldn't be done at a roll of the GM dice in my opinion since that puts the power to shape events on the GM, rather than having the GM as a non-involved facilitator of events. Although of course I am not saying that a late order should be incorporated totally, since punitive dissuasion against late orders is better than allowing every sloth have everything his own way, but the general gist of them should be considered at least.

Still, I do appreciate how self-interest can make liberals of us all when it comes to bending the rules.

I would love the Eastern Infidels to be crushed due to late orders on Masada's part. Doesn't change the fact that it is incongruous for major events to be determined by dice roll just because the man is late. Either way, opinions stated, the GM can do what he wants.

Jeboshua. Dice rolls are anathema. NK is not EQ. NK uses his head. EQ uses his rng wonderbot. End of discussion.

some people don't appreciate metaphorical terms for arbitrary/semi-arbitrary GM decision making. If I was referring to an RNG generator there would be no point to my argument since orders wouldn't have any effect on how successful any one nation is, merely the flavour.

Depending on your pov, everything NK does is arbitrary since he decides everything himself. On another hand, nothing NK does is arbitrary since in all cases he uses intent, stories, past orders updates and preferences to craft both updates and npc's in equal fashion.

Depending on your pov, everything NK does is arbitrary since he decides everything himself. On another hand, nothing NK does is arbitrary since in all cases he uses intent, stories, past orders updates and preferences to craft both updates and npc's in equal fashion.

Thus why my opinion is that in event of potentially world-altering events, late orders should at the very least be partly considered in contemporaneous major events so that there is some basis for (responsibility/blame) other than the GMs personal decision/interpretation of things (if ones plans fail, its ones own failure, and can't be attributed to the GM).

Now I think this discussion is ended :p

Neither do I, the obvious solution being that from next turn the cut of is made truly the cut off. I mean people did have around a month to get in orders...

Late orders are usually considered, if I haven't already written the section in question. Do we really need another debate about this now?

Anyway, the deadline corresponded quite nicely with when I woke up this time around. Commencing update procedures.

And vice versa, apparently. :p The contingency that may have delayed me did not yet manifest strongly enough, so I'm typing up orders right now.

I was just kidding anyhow. Slightly late orders are typically fine in my book. :p

Neither do I, the obvious solution being that from next turn the cut of is made truly the cut off. I mean people did have around a month to get in orders...

NK has been trying to make it so since at least update 13, and most likely before.

Sorry, NK, I've been distracted and extremely tired due to the soccer season. I'll make sure to not forget my orders next time, and I'll send in spending orders quickly.

Sorry, NK, I've been distracted and extremely tired due to the soccer season. I'll make sure to not forget my orders next time, and I'll send in spending orders quickly.

Sounds good; I'll keep an eye out for them.

As of right now, I'm missing:
Brunn
Dulama (started updating this part already)
Stato'i
Tsutongmerang
Toha
Sharhi
Naran
Chapru

The first two are most time-sensitive, because they interact with a number of other countries; the others can probably be integrated piecemeal.

If one were to send in orders for any of those minor states, unless the originator perks up, might those orders be accepted? (I could write something over next few hours)

Top Bottom