• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

S&T PBEM Discussion Thread

Oh my...

the pain of starting new methods of MPs. I think there wasn't a single time when I wanted to play MP on a different game or different type of the same game that it wasn't painful. Now once again this is happening.

It seems to have something to do with Firewall and Routers. I'll try to handle this. If this doesn't work at all we may try to bypass it with Hamachi.

What's Hamachi?

Oh my...

the pain of starting new methods of MPs. I think there wasn't a single time when I wanted to play MP on a different game or different type of the same game that it wasn't painful. Now once again this is happening.

It seems to have something to do with Firewall and Routers. I'll try to handle this. If this doesn't work at all we may try to bypass it with Hamachi.

Why wouldn't you give PBEM a try? I play them for last 3 years, and no pain -- pure pleasure :yup:

An application that simulates LAN providing Local IPs. With it we may do LAN games (but honestly in CIV this rarely works) or Direct IP with the hamachi IPs

Why wouldn't you give PBEM a try? I play them for last 3 years, and no pain -- pure pleasure :yup:

I honestly won't stand a game that takes a week to pass the turn, that's why. So as I did all my life, I'll try to discover the problem and solve it for us to start this game here.

once again Hamachi works where normal direct ip fails.

I tried everything with firewall the router and stuff, and nothing worked. But hamachi.

So does anyone here have hamachi already installed? I recommend people to use it it's a great and reliable way to play MP of every game.

If you don't have download it here: http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/

So when you install hamachi you'll create your account (I guess it's just a name and pass nothing else). Then you get the hamachi window running and you hit to become online (if somehow it doesn't do this automatically). Once you're online with your name and ip there on the hamachi window go to Network Tab (probably in the upper menu bar) and under it choose Join an existing Network.

Then you'll be asked for the Network's name and Pass, these are:
Name: STPitboss
Pass: BOSS

Inside it you'll see me there (Adjuba-Stone) and you'll be able to not only check my Hamachi IP but to actually interact with it as if we were in LAN. So copy my IP (if you right click on me there will be a 'Copy IPv4 Address', that's the one).

Don't think you're downloading this just for this PITBOSS here in S&T. As I said Hamachi is a great way of bypassing connection over the internet problems in MP Games of all games, at least that I've tried.

So once these steps are followed, not only we will be able to see each other on Hamachi, play MP games as if we were in LAN, but also chat there in the simple chat hamachi comes with. Give it a try :thumbsup:

if someone wants to check if you're able to login by hamachi to my game, please do so soon, I'll have to go out soon (don't know exactly when) and will be back in 2 hours.

The game is there running, the pass is still BOSS. If I leave i'll let the game open, so if you do join it successfully be sure to write this here, on hamachi or on the staging room of the game

Everyone, the Hamachi works!

Why can't we just pm everyone your IP?

Top Bottom