Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Alexander loves his magnetic letters :D

Last night my wife gave birth to little Vanessa, 3700g and 52cm, she is very healthy, much calmer than her brother was, and we returned to our home about 6 hours after we arrived at the hospital, so all is well :D

edit :

Joseph... one word : Palace
Found out after looking at save in 0.8 seconds ;)
Thanks for save and report :D

On pic I insta-built a palace and gold went from 2 to 43 (or being able to research at 70% with -1 gold/turn)
Spoiler :

Can't build any Monastery and don't no why. I choose christianism and i have build a church but still no Monastery possible to build (i have all technology until democracy if you wonder).

Is any body have also this problem ?

Alexander loves his magnetic letters :D

Last night my wife gave birth to little Vanessa, 3700g and 52cm, she is very healthy, much calmer than her brother was, and we returned to our home about 6 hours after we arrived at the hospital, so all is well :D

edit :

Joseph... one word : Palace
Found out after looking at save in 0.8 seconds ;)
Thanks for save and report :D

On pic I insta-built a palace and gold went from 2 to 43 (or being able to research at 70% with -1 gold/turn)
Spoiler :

Congratulations!!! :clap: Hello Vanessa!:love:

Thanks for the heads up about Palace. I made an assumption that it was like vanilla BtS where the Palace was auto made in Capitol. And no I have not read thru the Civopedia so I got what you get when you assume. :p Will add Palace asap to Capitol!

JosEPh

Can't build any Monastery and don't no why. I choose christianism and i have build a church but still no Monastery possible to build (i have all technology until democracy if you wonder).

Is any body have also this problem ?

You need Christianity as your State Religion to build Monasteries.

Spoiler :

EDIT :

Platy (Platyping) have once again performed his magic :king:
Accessible under Platys Options (top left corner) and Vincent's Build List (in v.97)
Spoiler :

@ Joseph; Don't forget about building your national treasury as well once you get your palace bult ;).

@ Vinz; Gratz on the new little one one bro :woohoo::rockon::dance::beer:[party]:band:.

Couple of questions:

1) Do I have to wait until ModDb is live before I can update?

2) I have a have an older version of VIP ( v.92 0r 93 I think), will it update to the latest version once active?

3) Will it break save games?

ok, my bad, that's three questions. Pick any two :mischief:.

1) Should go to ModDB's VIP download

2) The v.92 should automatically uninstall itself when using v.96 installer. Not sure about the v.93 though. It won't update automatically, and I removed the version check in 0.96 VIP Loader.

3) Yes, I added some units to future era, and removed the Indonesians (will make a CivPack), and those changes makes it break savegames.

@ Joseph; Don't forget about building your national treasury as well once you get your palace bult ;).

<snip>

Thanks Drak!

JosEPh :)

Thanks Vincentz I'll be more carefull ;)
np. just happy it wasnt a bug, as that change was some of the last thing i did before upload, and it was done under a rather stressful environment, so I kinda expected it to be a bug. :lol:

edit : changed to ModDB instead of MediaFire in Downloads section. Seems like speed is capped at 1 MB/sec though, but no popups even in Internet Explorer :D
Happy Civ'ing and be sure to bring some stories where you beat the AI, coz the last 10 attempts have been futile for me (at Emperor, 15 AI Large+ "big and small").

If you get the chance, see if you can start a game with Perfect Mongoose as your map choice. I can't.

JosEPh

It does work, even with the non-vanilla sizes (Large+), however it doesnt have features like reefs, scenic, rocky etc.

Its just a REALLY slow map generator.

edit : It also worked on Giant size though it took nearly 4 minutes on my old Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 mhz. And it came up with a Gridsize something something python error, so if you tried Colossal size, then there might be an issue i guess.

I tried it on Huge setting. And with my i7 2600K quad 3.2Ghz after 5 minutes I got impatient. I went to Task manager and is showed that Civ IV exe was not responding.

So I switch to the old standby Archipelago map that I love to play and that loaded just fine.

I prefer Non earth type maps as I'm not into Old World starts and things like that.

JosEPh

Well, donno if changes were made in python that suddenly made it work, but here is the latest python (with Vincentz citybuild too, in case someone wants to try it out before v.97). Its the entire Python folder, so just delete the old one and replace.

Some of the files in that .zip are older than the files in v96. Is that intentional?

JosEPh

:D
Spoiler :

On a sidenote (and I guess more relevant) :

v.97 changelog :
Trireme -> +50% vs Cog instead of Galley (Triremes are already strong vs galleys, and Cogs are more of a trade/transport vessel, plus iirc Triremes were warships well into Medieval Era irl)

Caravel -> Changed to only cross ocean after Navigation (Too early circumnavigation plus doesnt make sense otherwise)

:D
Spoiler :

On a sidenote (and I guess more relevant) :

v.97 changelog :
Trireme -> +50% vs Cog instead of Galley (Triremes are already strong vs galleys, and Cogs are more of a trade/transport vessel, plus iirc Triremes were warships well into Medieval Era irl)

Caravel -> Changed to only cross ocean after Navigation (Too early circumnavigation plus doesnt make sense otherwise)

Love those Pics!!!!:love::love::love:

JosEPh :D

I just downloaded VIP this weekend and am playing a "get acquainted with VIP" game. I have a few questions:

1) What do the two graphics choices on the initial text menu (choices #2 and #3) do? (That is the menu before the game loads, where choice #1 is to load the game.)

2) How can I turn off the leader coloring on the text and get rid of the transparent backgrounds? I found them both in the Platy options screen but when I click them, they don't change anything. Also in the Platy options, I tried the three different background choices but don't see anything different. (My eyes are old and these two things make it difficult to read the text.)

3) In combat, I send in an attacker. If the attacker wins, instead of me the being able to make my next choice, another defender battles my attacking unit, then another one. This does not happen every time but does most of the time. Several times it continued until my unit was destroyed, even though it had already defeated two or three of the defenders. Is this supposed to happen in this mod?

4) Two of my exploring primitive boats disappeared. One turn they were there, the next turn they were gone. There was no message in the message list about having been destroyed by barb vessels or anything else referring to them. This happened on two different turns, quite a while apart. Similarly, an AI trireme that was attacking me disappeared from one turn to the next, when it was well inside my territory, with no record of what happened to it and none of my ships anywhere near it.

1) They should be able to change the theme color. The Solids makes the bars/windows 0% transparent, while Transparents makes the bars/windows seethrough.
F.ex. Red Solid :
Spoiler :

or Green Transparent (with civ color text off) :
Spoiler :

2) They should work : 1st Civ specific, 2nd Era specific, 3rd None. Also the Civ text changes in my setup. Maybe try using the Python folder a few post up. Not only does it work, it also have "Vincentz Build List" in it ;) (Download link)
Civ specific
Spoiler :

Era Specific
Spoiler :

None
Spoiler :

3) Its not that you are attacking 2 times, its just the defender withdraws and another defender is sent as a reinforcement, making combat a lot more dynamic and a bit more unpredictable. The higher movementpoints and withdrawal rate, the better chance of escaping combat, even if loosing. It should write a message that defender have withdrawn.

4) Did they have 1 visionrange or 0 visionrange. If the later, sometimes a ship can "run over" them without getting notification. The AI trireme could have been dispanded by the AI because of financial problems, though I havent personally seen any of the examples, but will look out for it. Best of course would be a savegame, so I could study why they disappeared.

OK, question. I'm on a continent w/4 AI, all same reli, have OB and DefPacs with all. I'm in Rep & FM and have roads connected to all. So how come my trade advisors telling me that they're not connected to trade network? I'm in the flipping early REN era playing as Musa, I should be rolling in trade routes by now. So what's the scoop Oh Evil Genius?

Top Bottom