Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

If I start the mod I don't see any text.
I installed the font and I'm running Windows 11.
Can you help me?

Do you have other mods installed? I recall, and i might be wrong, that if mods are installed in the C:\Users\[yourUsername]\Documents\My Games\Beyond The Sword\MODS they will override all mods.
Is it only the VIP mod that fails to show text?

The path C:\Users\[yourUsername]\Documents\My Games\Beyond The Sword\MODS is empty. I tried installing your mod there but then it says "cannot found civ4 beyond the sword". I have one other mod installed and it runs perfectly.

This is just a thought, but needed to write it down before it blows away from that grey matter I once called a brain.
But what if there was OR decisions in the tech tree instead of ALL. So a civ have to make a choice. Either to go with A or B.
This could include units and buildings designated at the techs too. It could create some diversity, and also a need of change of strategy and tactics.

I fully support it. But, if possible, it would be interesting not only to completely ban, but also to slow down/accelerate the study of technology as an alternative to the ban.
Roughly speaking, the player can choose only one of the branches of religion/ideology development. Naturally, each branch has its own bonuses.
That is, you can choose Egyptian polytheism, which gives very solid bonuses right away, or you can choose Semitic, developing into late Abrahamic religions, more effective in the middle of the game.
At the same time, the study of a certain technology changes the cost of certain "practical" technologies. For example, Confucianism slows down the study of ocean and firearms techniques.

If I start the mod I don't see any text.
I installed the font and I'm running Windows 11.
Can you help me?
Could this help? https://steamcommunity.com/app/8800/discussions/0/494632768635514303/
It could be a language issue. I havent tested other languages than english.

Just tested french, and indeed the text is gone, so most likely because of that. However I added all the default language texts, so there is a bug somewhere in my textfiles. :(

Fixed it. Sad part is these text files have been in VIP for a looooong time, so it haven't been Multilanguage compatible.
Now its working, however, I noticed on StarWars in modules, that the language tags are there, but empty.

Just replace the texts in ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\VIP\Assets\XML\Text
with the texts from the attached zip.
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Bad Texts.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 19
Oohhh! Neato Intel.
Looking forward to DL'ing the new update on my next days off... Whenever that will be :O

Lol. Just found out. If you rest a wounded unit on a oasis, it will heal without costing gold. That could certainly lead to exploitation. :eek:
Sounds rather realistic to me. I would not consider it an exploit at all. But then I'm not making this mod either. ;):lol::thumbsup:

Vincentz, I was playing the VIP mod, and I was wondering if it would be possible to make certain resources, such as iron for example, into exhaustible resources, that after a certain time of use they would run out, forcing you or the AI to search for new locations this resource, sometimes even causing wars. Well if you like the idea, you still have to know if it would be possible to make this work in the game.

We had a small discussion about it a few posts earlier, but I think it could be great for oil f. Ex.
With iron, it's a bit more tricky.it should be enough on the map to last all game, but when is it exhausted? After x turns? Or when have built x units that require iron. And if latter and player have more than one, which one should exhaust?

I think that ideal for this would be for the resource to run out after a certain amount of units, because if it is done based on the number of turns, it could happen that even if you haven't built many units using such a resource, and if it simply disappears after x shifts would look kind of weird. And regarding "And if latter and player have more than one, which one should exhaust?", I honestly don't understand what you mean, because I use google translator to write and read the posts, and the translation was kind of strange.

And regarding "And if latter and player have more than one, which one should exhaust?", I honestly don't understand what you mean, because I use google translator to write and read the posts, and the translation was kind of strange.
If the player has access to multiple sources of a resource, how does the code choose which source to remove.

Top Bottom