Alternative Terrain

We have 3 type of terrain. The default which is on the SVN. The old alternative which I use and this new one. They don't play happily together and you can't have them in the modules area. The one you want needs to go in the art area.

To me this is just as bad as the original, I can't play the game with either. So I have no opinion.

We have 3 type of terrain. The default which is on the SVN. The old alternative which I use and this new one. They don't play happily together and you can't have them in the modules area. The one you want needs to go in the art area.

To me this is just as bad as the original, I can't play the game with either. So I have no opinion.

For me he can stay here. Just insert link in C2C main thread to this modmod and Ill be happy :)

Just looked at them ingame and these are waay to DARK(cant see the units in them), everyone of them except the Permafrost that one is waay to whiteish, hurts the eyes. The desert is too yellowish and hurts the eyes also.

Just looked at them ingame and these are waay to DARK(cant see the units in them), everyone of them except the Permafrost that one is waay to whiteish, hurts the eyes. The desert is too yellowish and hurts the eyes also.

When Ill end with buttons then Im goin back to this modmod.

@Sparth,

Question: When you use this new terrain, after say several hours of play, how do your eyes feel?

I have yet to try it but am thinking of giving it a go. The darker colors don't bother me but I was curious if in a low light setting (like at night when you may have only a desk lamp and monitor for light) how do your eyes feel?

JosEPh

@Sparth,
I have yet to try it but am thinking of giving it a go. The darker colors don't bother me but I was curious if in a low light setting (like at night when you may have only a desk lamp and monitor for light) how do your eyes feel?

I barely play more then 1-2h per day last times.
Maybe there is something in your notice Joseph. Standard Civ4 is very clear and bright.

Generaly I can take this textures and make them less saturate and brighter. But not too much becasue as SO says polar terrain is too bright.

I have in plans to make a modmod with vanilla civ4 terrain. After years of playin with mods which include Blue Marble terrain standard Civ4 textures will be kind a refreshment :D

@Sparth:

I really like your work :goodjob:
It is much more living than blue marble.
I hope you don't mind me making and uploading a version for RAND.

It would be alot better if you just placed a LINK to this 1st post, ok, thx. . . SO

It would be alot better if you just placed a LINK to this 1st post, ok, thx. . . SO

I would have done so, if it was so simple. But simply extracting the C2C version to RAND is producing a lovely magenta colour ocean and an ugly coast :)

BTW here is the thread I posted the RAND version: LINK

I would have done so, if it was so simple. But simply extracting the C2C version to RAND is producing a lovely magenta colour ocean and an ugly coast :)

BTW here is the thread I posted the RAND version: LINK

Pls in that post that the main credit is Sparth, thx.

Added in 1st post another link with mipmapped texures pack. Looks much smoothier and IMO better then my original pack.

Added in 1st post another link with mipmapped texures pack. Looks much smoothier and IMO better then my original pack.

These are great textures. I've been using them ingame now for 10+ hours. No more headaches and blind spots caused by salt flats or icy landscapes.

Furthermore they seem to smoothen the game overall. Usually after playing for two hours or so unit movement tends to stutter increasingly. With these textures however I can play for 4+ hours without any stutter at all.

IMHO you should consider including these in the SVN-version. Great job!

IMHO you should consider including these in the SVN-version. Great job!

This was discussed in the past and alternative terrain textures must stay as a modmod. Still installation is quite easy :)

Furthermore they seem to smoothen the game overall. Usually after playing for two hours or so unit movement tends to stutter increasingly. With these textures however I can play for 4+ hours without any stutter at all.

They are much smaller then normal, C2C textures (7Mb vs 68Mb). I have plan to redone C2C textures to this system in the near future.

Sparth have you tried the Three Planets map script with these? It crashes with the original but works with the other alternate.

Top Bottom