Joij's Terrain Texture Pack V3 for SVN

Joij21

🔥Hail Satan!🔥
A new update for my terrain texture pack mod mod for Caveman2Cosmos. It makes your terrain sexier with 4k textures, and realistic ones at that! No more orange Cheeto dust deserts!

Thanks to Mighty Toad, I have given the pack sexier water using the wave textures he made. Now the water is realistic looking to the point where it almost looks kind of like Civilization 4 Colonization's water.

As always here are some screenshots.

Ocean.jpg

Tropics.jpg

Polar.jpg

Arid.jpg

Attachments

• Terrain V3 .zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 293
WE have orange cheeto dust colored deserts here in the US Southwest - depending on where you are. But I do LIKE these textures quite a bit. Good display of talent there Joij21!

WE have orange cheeto dust colored deserts here in the US Southwest - depending on where you are. But I do LIKE these textures quite a bit. Good display of talent there Joij21!

Well I don't really think those red deserts are as orange as the base C2C deserts, more like a brownish muted orange rather than bright vibrant Cheeto dust. Orange deserts aren't as common on earth as the regular tan deserts, hence why I prefer them to look more like in this texture pack.

Although perhaps in a future version of this pack I might add new terrains, red deserts included. Of course when it comes to things like adding new terrains rather than changing textures of exiting terrains, I'd have to learn mapscripting to get them to actually generate. Also I would have to adjust all of C2C's buildings and animal spawns that are dependent on terrain which would be quite the overwhelming task as there are literally hundreds of them.

Is this compatible with the Ultimate Earth Map, if so would it affect my current save game?

It makes your terrain sexier
Ah, so that's why taiga (or is it tundra?) looks like cum.

It's supposed to be still habitable, not more parched than plains and covered in yellow snow/goo.
If it's taiga, make it greener, if it's tundra make it browner and lake-y, because snow melts, but is harder to evaporate.

Last edited:
Ah, so that's why taiga (or is it tundra?) looks like cum.

It's supposed to be still habitable, not more parched than plains and covered in yellow snow/goo.
If it's taiga, make it greener, if it's tundra make it browner and lake-y, because snow melts, but is harder to evaporate.

That would be the tundra. The yellow is supposed to be sand sticking through the snow. Like during winter when everything dies.

I didn't want the tundra to look like what it does in the summer months because there's already patches of snow/frost in the taiga (further south). I needed it to look cold and wintery since the tundra is supposed to be colder than the taiga, and I wanted people to associate the cold terrains with lots of snow so they can generate an internal mental picture that these are the "cold" terrains and not the "temperate" terrains. Otherwise it would be hard to tell between what's temperate and what's boreal/subpolar/polar.

I needed it to look cold and wintery since the tundra is supposed to be colder than the taiga, and I wanted people to associate the cold terrains with lots of snow
Well, it's your business, but I protest terrain being locked into a single season. There is no merit in feeding stupid stereotypes. And as I said, vegetation doesn't necessarily even disappear during winter, it just gets frozen at worst, but there is simply not enough sun to burn it. Deer graze on moss and other stuff in tundra all year round, except for real bad permafrost.
Otherwise it would be hard to tell between what's temperate and what's boreal/subpolar/polar.
Look at some pictures of taiga and tundra, they have distinctive features like moss, ponds, mounds, glacier trails. Or just use a colder shade of green/brown. Taiga is mostly covered in bushes and forests, so it should fit those, white and yellow bullfeathers surely doesn't.

Well, it's your business, but I protest terrain being locked into a single season.

Well one sort of has to lock terrains into a single season due to the fact civ 4 doesn't have seasons to begin with. If I made a version that was more lush it would still be locked to a single season. That is the summer season.

There is no merit in feeding stupid stereotypes.

I suppose your right. Then again in C2C you can domestic woolly rhinos and mammoths. Which is essentially on a Fred Flintstone level of stereotype (or would the correct term be a trope?:think:).

And as I said, vegetation doesn't necessarily even disappear during winter, it just gets frozen at worst, but there is simply not enough sun to burn it. Deer graze on moss and other stuff in tundra all year round, except for real bad permafrost.

It doesn't snow in the taiga during winter time?

Look at some pictures of taiga and tundra, they have distinctive features like moss, ponds, mounds, glacier trails. Or just use a colder shade of green/brown. Taiga is mostly covered in bushes and forests, so it should fit those, white and yellow bullfeathers surely doesn't.

You want it to look like the old Sparth terrain don't you?:groucho:

If I made a version that was more lush it would still be locked to a single season. That is the summer season.
Vegetation doesn't necessarily die in winter, so it can be ambiguous.
It doesn't snow in the taiga during winter time?
Same as in grasslands/plains, I just don't see why snow is even necessary if it isn't around the whole year.
You want it to look like the old Sparth terrain don't you?:groucho:
Yeah, any chance you have it lying around?

Vegetation doesn't necessarily die in winter, so it can be ambiguous.

Same as in grasslands/plains, I just don't see why snow is even necessary if it isn't around the whole year.

Yeah, any chance you have it lying around?
Hey there,

Not sure if you're still looking, but it looks like the Sparth terrain textures were uploaded here

I'd also be curious to add them to C2C personally. Would that be as simple as overwriting existing terrain texture files? I also don't really know how the mod would interact with the new terrain types C2C adds.

The water texture in the OP here is gorgeous as well, I wouldn't mind including that too :)

Not sure if you're still looking, but it looks like the Sparth terrain textures were uploaded here
Thanks for notifying, I've already asked Nexus himself, but he wasn't the one who added them to AND and thus didn't keep the full set.
I also don't really know how the mod would interact with the new terrain types C2C adds.
Not unless they used same blend.

Top Bottom