Age of Imperialism

It could, but it would be more interesting if it upgraded to an Armour unit, since the Cavalry will only be able to ugrade to the Maara-weyn.

Depends in strength and when its available. Personally, i think it should upgrade to the land ship(and be unlocked at dynamite :p).

Woah I am looking forward to this mod is finished, so I can play it. :D I still don't entirely understand how I ended up making civs myself instead of nagging others to do it for me... I guess something magical happened.

It's still some time - not all of the icon art is done, we still need Pedia entries (*cough* hint *cough*), E&D support (which Danmacsch has been so nice to volunteer for... if he received my PM that is) and a lot of the code - which I'm currently working on.

I'd say you shouldn't wait. But it'll probably be out before April.

I haven't forgot, don't worry. Working on the Fortify Taleh Decision right now :D
I'm not sure about the events though, would love to do them, but haven't seen any written in the tread. Or have I overlooked something?

Somebody order a pizza?

No?

Well, I guess you can have a Maara-Weyn instead.
I also took the liberty of touching up the icon a little bit. For future reference, there is no need to put the ring around the icon - the game does that automatically.:)

Finally, attached is a screenshot from Nexus. I don't have the skill to remove that veil, and there's still a stripe of black on the other side of his turban.:undecide: But overall I think he's come out rather well.:D

Good luck with this project, guys!

Attachments

• dervishcavalry.png
    dervishcavalry.png
    47 KB · Views: 62
Awh yeah! Really awesome! Even the horse looks distinct!

And thanks for the info!
At this point I'm really not that great at making icons, I was just frankensteining around with the Berber one. I should have anticipated that making icons is totally different then making a leaderscene. I will just scan my drawings and work with those in the future.

They probably wore veils anyway, kind of annoying to get all of that sand out of your beard.

Somebody order a pizza?

No?

Well, I guess you can have a Maara-Weyn instead.
I also took the liberty of touching up the icon a little bit. For future reference, there is no need to put the ring around the icon - the game does that automatically.:)

Finally, attached is a screenshot from Nexus. I don't have the skill to remove that veil, and there's still a stripe of black on the other side of his turban.:undecide: But overall I think he's come out rather well.:D

Good luck with this project, guys!

That's pretty awesome.

I forgot that there's no music chosen yet - any suggestions?

I've also decided to change the civ slightly:
The Dervish State

Abdullah Hassan

The Horn Resistance
+1 :c5faith: Faith from Forts and Citadels and they provide :c5greatperson: Great Writer points upon construction, but may not be removed. Mounted units earn special Promotions based on their level.

Maara-weyn
Available earlier than the Anti-aircraft gun it replaces, but is also weaker. Receives none of the Anti-aircraft Gun's abilities and is a mounted unit and works like one, except it may use defensive terrain and fortify. Receives a combat bonus (+15%) if stacked with a :c5greatperson: Great Writer. May be upgraded to from Cavalry.

Qalcad
Provides XP to newly trained units in the city based on its :c5faith: Faith output (up to +25 XP), unlike the Military Base it replaces. Provides less combat strength to the city. Unlocked with Railroad instead of Replaceable Parts.

Top Bottom