Tomatekh's New Civilizations

At least update the leader icon to the current Suppiluppilumadingdong, because that inconsistency is driving me crazy :p

But, except for some coloring, the Hittite leader screen and icon look exactly the same. Same type of clothes, same beard, same hat...

At least update the leader icon to the current Suppiluppilumadingdong, because that inconsistency is driving me crazy :p

Also, Ewuare and Djalla could use that too

I know there are still some art issues with my mods. It's actually not that much anymore: Benin and Garamantes could use new leader screens/icons to match the style of the rest of my civs, Mali could use a new UB icon, etc., etc.. However, I don't really view any of the current art assets as so bad or in dire need to be replaced that it’s much of a big deal.

Jan, Sukritact, Leugi, etc., etc. get a thousand requests a day from every modder for art assets. If any of them are ever in the mood to make a new icon or whatnot for one of my mods, of course I'll add it in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I’d much rather they work on their own projects or help out another modder/new project more in need of art than specifically request an icon for one of my older civs.

Satrap's Court is not a Bank building either, and yet it works for the game.

Doesn't have to be 100% perfect, it just fits

Don't you plan to replace it?:p

Hi Tomatekh, my compliments, amazing work (I enjoyed especially the Sioux :) )

I've a questions:

Looking at the files of sioux civ, I found the files of the tipi improvement, why?
I use tipis in the mod I'm building and inserting 'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TIPIS' in 'ArtDefineTag' was enough to make the improvement appear, without copying any file, do you modified them?

Hi Tomatekh, my compliments, amazing work (I enjoyed especially the Sioux :) )

I've a questions:

Looking at the files of sioux civ, I found the files of the tipi improvement, why?
I use tipis in the mod I'm building and inserting 'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TIPIS' in 'ArtDefineTag' was enough to make the improvement appear, without copying any file, do you modified them?

I slightly edited the build icon of the tipi. I felt the icon as used in the scenario was slightly oversized and too low (for how it appears on the tech tree and in build commands), so I made some minor adjustments to better center the icon. Otherwise the art is unchanged. I don't create a new art define for the tipi.

In terms of function, the Sioux tipi functions differently than the scenario one and has different stats regarding yield, tech, and build time.

Right, I looked again at the files and there are effectively only the icon files. Good to know.

Thank you for the quick reply! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 7.26.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 7.26.47 PM.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 182
Anyone could make Mao Zedong or Deng Xiaoping (China), Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Turkish Meiji), Nelson Mandela (RSA), Joao II or Henry the Navigator (Portugal), Kublai Khan (Mongol Empire), Wang Kon (Korea), Cyrus II (Persia), Hatshepsut or Ahmad ibn Tulun (Egypt)?

Anyone could make Mao Zedong or Deng Xiaoping (China), Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Turkish Meiji), Nelson Mandela (RSA), Joao II or Henry the Navigator (Portugal), Kublai Khan (Mongol Empire), Wang Kon (Korea), Cyrus II (Persia), Hatshepsut or Ahmad ibn Tulun (Egypt)?

All of those civs you mentioned- or almost all are already planned. :crazyeye:

Hey Tomatekh, your Civs have all been put onto the Civ 5 Customisation Wiki with fairly detailed entries. I wanted to ask if you're aware of any compatibility issues with the Community Balance Patch? I wasn't sure what to put down for that - I'd assume it's all fine by I don't have much experience with the CBP.

Top Bottom