Civilizations Reborn

Could somebody send me an earlier version of this mod?

Last edited:
What is the best version of this mod (I mean the version before it broke down)? I just want to make sure that I ain't missing out on anything.

One last question.
I have been enjoying this mod (especially the ancient/classical eras, they're amazing), but I would like to know when did the AIs stop capitulating in this mod.
In Crimea's Lord campaign, it seemed like the AIs capitulated just fine, so I think that a certain version broke it.

One last question.
I have been enjoying this mod (especially the ancient/classical eras, they're amazing), but I would like to know when did the AIs stop capitulating in this mod.
In Crimea's Lord campaign, it seemed like the AIs capitulated just fine, so I think that a certain version broke it.
Zero clue, I didn't even notice until well after I stopped developing it.

Hello,
I've gone ahead and downloaded this multiple times, changed the name of the folder to RFC Dawn of Civilization...and all I am getting is DoC! I'm not getting any of the extra civs!

I've checked my downloads, and every one has none of the extra stuff included. I've done the GIT, the zip file, and none of them have the extra stuff! Have I missed something?

Thanks!

Hello,
I've gone ahead and downloaded this multiple times, changed the name of the folder to RFC Dawn of Civilization...and all I am getting is DoC! I'm not getting any of the extra civs!

I've checked my downloads, and every one has none of the extra stuff included. I've done the GIT, the zip file, and none of them have the extra stuff! Have I missed something?

Thanks!
Make sure you're downloading from the CivilizationsReborn branch.

Make sure you're downloading from the CivilizationsReborn branch.
Good news: I have the correct version, and have named the foldert hat contains it "RFC Dawn of Civilization" in my Mods folder.

Bad news: I went ahead and loaded it. I've been waiting about 15 minutes now, and Civ never restarted/loaded the mod.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Good news: I have the correct version, and have named the foldert hat contains it "RFC Dawn of Civilization" in my Mods folder.

Bad news: I went ahead and loaded it. I've been waiting about 15 minutes now, and Civ never restarted/loaded the mod.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!
Never mind, got it working

Any ideas please?

Thanks!
Ayep, gotta love Civ 4. Sadly there's not really any 4X engines to my knowledge that are, when compared to CIV, as moddable, as conducive for RFClikes, and more performant, so we're kinda stuck with the charms of its engine. I was working on a RFClike in C++ back in 2022, but life decided to get me a partial identity collapse for my birthday that year. Overall has been a massive net positive, but it basically halted that project in its tracks, though in hindsight that codebase was just as much of a mess as DCR's. Finally starting to slowly get back into the swing of programming lately though, been doing a bit more research into Godot.

Ayep, gotta love Civ 4. Sadly there's not really any 4X engines to my knowledge that are, when compared to CIV, as moddable, as conducive for RFClikes, and more performant, so we're kinda stuck with the charms of its engine. I was working on a RFClike in C++ back in 2022, but life decided to get me a partial identity collapse for my birthday that year. Overall has been a massive net positive, but it basically halted that project in its tracks, though in hindsight that codebase was just as much of a mess as DCR's. Finally starting to slowly get back into the swing of programming lately though, been doing a bit more research into Godot.

After that first long load time, it works properly now.

I'd like to run some tests to see if I can solve the no vassal issue. Could you please send me any info on what version it stopped working on, please?

Thanks!

After that first long load time, it works properly now.

I'd like to run some tests to see if I can solve the no vassal issue. Could you please send me any info on what version it stopped working on, please?

Thanks!
No clue, I didn't realize the bug even existed until after I ceased development for a host of other reasons.

Git link at the start of the page doesn't work anymore. Can you check on it?
Working as intended. You can thank the fact that github's delete branch feature doesn't actually delete branches and deleted branches can still be accessed using the network tab, the only way to ensure no one was playing on that accursed big map branch was to nuke the entire repo.

Working as intended. You can thank the fact that github's delete branch feature doesn't actually delete branches and deleted branches can still be accessed using the network tab, the only way to ensure no one was playing on that accursed big map branch was to nuke the entire repo.
Probably no need for the link itself at all, then. I was planning to search for an older version

Top Bottom