NotW LIV - The Masque of Death

In the interests of clarity, every time someone has been attacked or injured, I have informed them via PM.

As a reminder, masks need to be activated to be used. If you have a mask (other than your own) in your inventory and you wish to use it, both day and night phases are acceptable for activating it.

Mid-afternoon Tally

Newyn
: Winston Hughes, Autolycus, Snerk
Snerk: Newyn, Backwards Logic, Visorslash
Abstain: Legato Endless

Day Five ends: [TIMER=5/22/2015 10:00 PM GMT+1; Day Five over][/TIMER]

I'll make an effort to be back before eod.

with arakhors revelation do we think its still worthwhile to vote newyn or snerk?

If you believed me before, Arakhor's clarification shouldn't really change that much. It just means that unless someone didn't bother to check their PM's, the scum forgot to submit a kill. It's not like that's never happened before.

In the end, it just comes down to if you trust me.
I've done my best to show how logically, I can't be scum despite the unusual circumstaces. If you still don't believe me, then vote to lynch me. You'd be wrong of course but I won't hold any grudges since it's just a game after all.

Now I'm off to bed and expect to wake up a dead man because noone ever trusts me :p

Once again, we have Legato not committing to a lynch vote...

The fact no one has come forth claiming they were attacked is bugging me. I doubt this is a simple case of scum missing a kill and am tempted to flip back to Newyn. I'd love some extra thoughts on the matter.

I wasn't attacked. My combat skill is probably low enough that it doesn't matter.

A lack of claim is very bizarre though, since I'm not seeing a possible reason not to.

Also, the forum is super slow for me for whatever reason.

Clarification to Winston: I'm not bullet proof. If I'm attacked I'll certainly die. I just don't stay dead very long, which is balanced by the time limit both teams are working within.

So, no vote Legato?

Scum forgetting the kill is extremely unlikely. Injury or (another) block makes no sense without a claim.

Either BL stopped Newyn, or...hmm.

An explanation that flies in the face of Occam's Razor would be: The scum have a tracker, and BL was watched. They then waited, and decided not to have a kill, to obfuscate the next day. BL's block inarguably implicates Newyn, and with his death the lynch or lose is adjusted by offsetting the balance of town and scum kills.

It's definitely something I would do potentially, but it's a bit unconventional to give up your kill.

Scum forgetting the kill is extremely unlikely. Injury or (another) block makes no sense without a claim.

Either BL stopped Newyn, or...hmm.

An explanation that flies in the face of Occam's Razor would be: The scum have a tracker, and BL was watched. They then waited, and decided not to have a kill, to obfuscate the next day. BL's block inarguably implicates Newyn, and with his death the lynch or lose is adjusted by offsetting the balance of town and scum kills.

It's definitely something I would do potentially, but it's a bit unconventional to give up your kill.

Can you explain this further? I'm a tad confused as to how this would work. They watch me, get a result, then, decide to not attack? Mechanically, I don't even see how this could work from an order resolution standpoint. What am I missing?

Snerk has given me a slightly odd vibe all game. So this feels right based off gut instinct, but it's really not very likely on base probability.

Auto I'm assuming not unless something odd flips.

BL is town.

Visor is likely town.

Newyn felt town, I'm a bit offset by that attempt to guilt BL about the loss of a game.

Winston's been playing low enough, that like me, he's not exactly confidently clearable in any sense.

Can you explain this further? I'm a tad confused as to how this would work. They watch me, get a result, then, decide to not attack? Mechanically, I don't even see how this could work from an order resolution standpoint. What am I missing?

No, they wouldn't have been able to watch you last night. Which is why this is improbable. They would have watched you previously, and figured out you had the block.

Which is another assumption that they had a scry that could do this. But if they did, they wouldn't necessarily need to watch you tonight.

Scum watch you, then extrapolation from your posts in game, come to am educated guess about who you might block next. Or at least, get a reasonable listing of candidates they'd be fine with. As long as you weren't watch blocking them, they've just confirmed a person. But the gamble part comes in, if you watched one of them.

Again, this is extremely unlikely, and I wouldn't bet money on it here, but it's one of those tactics that pays off nicely when it works.

I've tried to make this happen before once, but my wolf team was way to risk averse.

Tally

Snerk
: Newyn, Backwards Logic, Visorslash, Legato Endless
Newyn: Winston Hughes, Autolycus, Snerk

Two hours to go.

Top Bottom