MODS compatible with Vox Populi (VP)

Hey so I have tried a few different times to get various mods that uncap barbarian xp to work alongside the CP and CBP but to no avail I am always still capped.

I am assuming that it is something in the CP or CBP because when I run without those my xp is uncapped from fighting barbarians.

Is there anything in the files that I can change to allow the uncapping of xp if this is the case? Thanks!

Navigate to CBP/Balance Changes/Core ChangesCoreDefines.sql and edit:

Code:
	-- Barbarian Experience Cap raised to 45
	UPDATE Defines
	SET Value = '45'
	WHERE Name = 'BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE';

Make 45 whatever you want.

G

1st crash reason: Resources Expanded (v6)... kept it just for buildings like Olive Press anyway..

Thanks, I put it in the list of incompatible mods, but I cannot find this mod on Steam. Do you have a link? I will add it without the link for now. I suppose it is adding new resources ... ?

[nocode]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159759969%22Terrain%20-%20Chateau%20Extension[/URL]%20-%20Makes%20this%20improvement%20available%20to%20all%20civs[*]"https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159383712 [/nocode

Seems to me, you have a bit of an error between the Incorporated Mod List in the Chateau as I was attempting to click on their links. :D

Edit: I can confirm that Moai can be compatible with CBP as currently of while the Chateau Extension is a big no-no since you can no longer train Foreign Legion even if you do get the technology for it.

I found Barbarians Evolved that seems to work well with CBP, I'm currently testing on a game.

This sounds fun. Please report back after your test and I will update the lists.

Barbarians Evolved......I really can't imagine playing a game without it anymore. Knowing the can take your city (rather than just leave you weak with no money), makes them much more of a threat. It's a great mod.

I've played a full game with it and all the CB stuff with EUI, no problems at all.

Seems to me, you have a bit of an error between the Incorporated Mod List in the Chateau as I was attempting to click on their links. :D

Good catch, I was missing the ending bracket! Fixed it, thanks!

Edit: I can confirm that Moai can be compatible with CBP as currently of while the Chateau Extension is a big no-no since you can no longer train Foreign Legion even if you do get the technology for it.

Have you tried the chateau? Does it crash the game? Or is it technically compatible puts the French at disadvantage because they get nothing as a replacement?

I've played a full game with it and all the CB stuff with EUI, no problems at all.

OK, thanks for the report. I have updated the list. This sounds really fun, how do AI civs cope with it? Doesn't it hinder their progress too much? I am tempted to give this a try next time I play, I am just worried if it does not make the game too easy (as the raging barbs do)

Barbarians Evolved......I really can't imagine playing a game without it anymore. Knowing the can take your city (rather than just leave you weak with no money), makes them much more of a threat. It's a great mod.

Did you see a city captured by the barbarians while using the CBP mod?

Have you tried the chateau? Does it crash the game? Or is it technically compatible puts the French at disadvantage because they get nothing as a replacement?
Chateau is technically compatible, but the replacement of the Foreign Legion puts them at a huge disadvantage as they cannot train them unless they took the policy which grants them the ability to buy Foreign Legion first.

Also, you should check my thread on the balanced Building - Upgrade system as I updated most of the unique improvement expansion mods to be balanced with the game. :mischief:

Also, you should check my thread on the balanced Building - Upgrade system as I updated most of the unique improvement expansion mods to be balanced with the game. :mischief:

Oh, ok, nice one! I updated the lists and shuffled the mods between the compatible and needs special CBP version lists with links to your thread.

Chateau is technically compatible, but the replacement of the Foreign Legion puts them at a huge disadvantage as they cannot train them unless they took the policy which grants them the ability to buy Foreign Legion first.

Note that one of the CBP goal is that all civ may have 1 unit and 1 building, replacing chateau with Foreign legion seems a bad idea, replacement may be another building or improvement :)

As a french player I think French reputations could be , depending the Eras :
- Cathedrals
- Crustaceans
- Social
- Tourism
- Diplomacy
- Nuclear (civilian)

Just my 2 pences :)

Note that one of the CBP goal is that all civ may have 1 unit and 1 building, replacing chateau with Foreign legion seems a bad idea, replacement may be another building or improvement :)

As a french player I think French reputations could be , depending the Eras :
- Cathedrals
- Crustaceans
- Social
- Tourism
- Diplomacy
- Nuclear (civilian)

Just my 2 pences :)

That's why my mod replaces the Foreign Legion with Palais, a castle UB that grants cultural bonuses and food-based population growth. :mischief:

Pontoon Bridge mod works fine with CPP if you delete all promotion options in it's XMLs. This mod is essential for those who likes Communitas maps, because there are many broad (1 tile) rivers on them.

Also there is a useful hint how to get railroads over pontoon bridges. Basically, when you create a PB, you get a road connection and can not use workers to improve it. But National Wonder Collection mod contains Central Terminal wonder, which instantly upgrades all roads into railroads within your cultural borders. That works for PBs as well.

I destroyed the file '/Units/Pontoon Bridge Promotions Mod.xml' but I have regulary CTD.

My cache have bee cleared.

We speak of Pontoon Bridge (Brave New World) (v 12) done with workboats? not of the Whoward one?

Note there is a third existning : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=french&id=159879652

Top Bottom