The Enlightenment Era

I'm working on making the 3UC and 4UC mods compatible with this mod. TECHNICALLY there's no incompatibility, but there ARE two different versions of the French Salon and English Textile Mill. I'll have alternative components available soon to address this.

I just converted all the files to SQL, so the new UUs should upgrade to Skirmisher and Line Infantry and Uhlan and all that other good stuff.

(Also, who made the Salon icon? It's much nicer than the one I made and I'd like permission to use it.)

I had a question about the Wat Phra Kaew wonder in this mod. Does it require the city to be along a river in order to be built? There is nothing in its civilopedia entry about river access, but in the XML for the wonder, it requires a river. I was just wondering which one is correct.

I built it, and I don't recall it requires a river...

I had a question about the Wat Phra Kaew wonder in this mod. Does it require the city to be along a river in order to be built? There is nothing in its civilopedia entry about river access, but in the XML for the wonder, it requires a river. I was just wondering which one is correct.
It requires the city be adjacent to a river. Whenever there is a conflict between what shows in the civilopedia or tooltips and the code within the XML of the game-tables, the code within the XML of the game-tables is what will be implimented. Anything contained within <Text>--</Text> wraps is only functional for tooltips and the civilopedia, and does not effect anything else, including how much yield a building gives, or whether a wonder has to be near a mountain, or next to a river.

Hmph. Than Pouakai, you should change that.

Wrong thread. Oops!

Okay then, I figured that was the case. I guess the civilopedia entries should be edited in future updates. Also, I noticed a similar thing with the Smithsonian Institute where the civilopedia entry said it gives a free academy but the wonder actually doesn't.

It doesn't give you a free academy if you have a saloon. And while civilopedia lies, EUI doesn't, in case you're using it.

Well I was playing as Austria, so while the coffee house does replace the salon, it isn't mutually exclusive with the academy. And hmmm, I'll have to check that mod out.

It doesn't give you a free academy if you have a saloon. And while civilopedia lies, EUI doesn't, in case you're using it.
Smithsonian in EE V3 does not give an Academy in any case, regardless of what might or might not already exist within the city where constructed. Pouakai and Co forgot to add the command for adding the Academy to the city. I'm sure this will be fixed in V4 as I already bug-reported it to Pouakai in an earlier post.

The Salon exclusion would not apply to an Academy placed within a city as a result of a wonder being costructed within a city. The column that is used within table "Buildings" in the game's code ignores all normal restrictions and just gives the correct building from within a Class based on what a Civ should normally get (would give the Zulu an Ikanda and not a Barracks), and ignores all other restrictions such as the mutual exclusivity that is set-up between the Salon and the Academy.

In order to keep the Smithsonian from giving an Academy in a city that already has a Salon, they would have to exclude constructing the Smithsonian in a city that already has a Salon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't give you a free academy if you have a saloon.

Since:

Salon = science
Saloon = beer

I definitely think Academy and "Saloon" should be mutually exclusive :)

Pouakai/Jan:

I've been working on this system for use in my own mod, but thought I'd mention it to you in case it would work for the Gunsmith building if you did not want the Gunsmith to affect units such as AAGuns and ATGuns and MechInfantry.

Only outstanding issue is hoping I can get confirmation that the one event hook is reliable to use with AI players.

If you are interested I'll post back when it is in a downloadable "mod" form. Or you could PM me if you are interested and I'll PM back once I'm sure it is good to go for the AI as well as the human player.

This has been mentioned a couple of times, but I'd like to point out that EE appears to break the Warmonger system. The first time I ran into this issue, I found that when I first attack a civ, they would function perfectly normal. When my War Score (courtesy of CP) would start to rise, they would start offering peace for settlements, ect. However, as soon as I take a city, they refuse to surrender, even if my War Score manages to hit 100, they will still view peace as impossible. Eventually, they did make peace, but it was a crazy long time. As I wasn't sure if this was EE or not, I set up an IGE test where I DoW'd Songhai, and sat some GDRs outside their capital for a bit. Eventually they started asking for peace, but as soon as I took their capital, they didn't want it anymore. I think that the relative army size caused them to then ask for peace, but even after this, there was no warmonger penalty added to the other civs in the game, despite the fact that they had all met each other. I'm really not sure how EE could be causing this issue, but it appears to be. I hope that someone will fix it soon, since it makes the game a bit dull to play.

[EDIT]: Ah! Poukai ninja'd an update in! Sorry if you have fixed the warmonger in V4, I honestly didn't realise that you'd updated until now! Bugs aside, I love the naval changes this mod makes, and I really miss it when I don't have it enabled.

That's not EE. AFAIK the peace offer is also based on relations, as in diplo modifiers.
I had a case when the war score popup said that the peace offer will include major concessions, but the AI offered me white peace. Though that happened in the medieval era...

@Natan35
I'll do a proper test run, using only EE, and see if there are any odd happenings. If you are right, then sorry Pouakai for the accusations.

Oh, and one issue I'm seeing with Naus: The Nau itself appears to have been recoded to replace the Carrack, but its prereq tech is still Astronomy (which may be intentional, but I find a bit pointless), and also EUI tells that it Replaces: Caravel still. I'd guess that this means that the <UnitClass> has been changed to the Carrack, but the <Civilization_UniqueUnitClass> (or whatever it's called - the one that assigns unique units) is still Caravel. If I recall from a game I played as Maria, they also were unable to build Caravels, which would support this. Both Sweeden's uniques, Conquistadors, and Minutemen say that they Replace: the right unit, however, so this may be exclusively Naus. Sorry if I'm being too critical.

[EDIT]: Again, didn't notice update

Can you post your logs?

Top Bottom