Chrisy15's Civilisations - The Fertile Crescent to the Cold War, and beyond!

For anyone wanting to play the Pahlavi dinasty civ with Vox Populi you can copy and paste the following chunk in the Uighur_Caesar's Iran Pahlavi Dynasty (v 1)\Support\Support.sql file

It adapts the xml code of the UB and UU to the changes of VP mod.
Note: I changed the class of the Literacy corp to paratrooper as in VP it unlocks at flight and upgrades into marines.

Code:
--==========================================================================================================================   
-- Gazebo's Community Balance Patch (Vox Populi)
--==========================================================================================================================
-- COMMUNITY
------------------------------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS COMMUNITY (Type TEXT, Value INTEGER);
------------------------------
-- Building
UPDATE Buildings SET Cost = '500' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_UC_SAVAK' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Buildings SET GoldMaintenance = '4' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_UC_SAVAK' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Buildings
SET EspionageModifier = '-25'
WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_UC_SAVAK' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Buildings
SET BlockBuildingDestructionSpies = '1'
WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_UC_SAVAK' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Buildings
SET Defense = '500'
-- Units
UPDATE Units SET Combat = '37' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET BaseLandAirDefense = '8' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET Cost = '1259' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET FaithCost = '650' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Units SET Combat = '37' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_ACADEMY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET BaseLandAirDefense = '8' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_ACADEMY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Units SET Class = 'UNITCLASS_PARATROOPER'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Units SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_MOBILE_TACTICS'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Civilization_UnitClassOverrides SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_PARATROOPER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text = 'Pahlavi replacement for the Paratrooper, but comes much earlier at Scientific Theory and has adjusted [ICON_STRENGTH] Strength and Cost.  When garrisoned, gains XP from building [ICON_FOOD] Food and [ICON_RESEARCH] Science buildings, and they are built faster. Provides [ICON_GREAT_PEOPLE] Great Scientist Points in the [ICON_CAPITAL] Capital when upgrading.'
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS_HELP' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text = 'Pahlavi replacement for the Paratrooper, but comes much earlier at Scientific Theory and has adjusted [ICON_STRENGTH] Strength and Cost.  When garrisoned, gains XP from building [ICON_FOOD] Food and [ICON_RESEARCH] Science buildings, and they are built faster. Provides [ICON_GREAT_PEOPLE] Great Scientist Points in the [ICON_CAPITAL] Capital when upgrading.'
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS_STRATEGY' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

For anyone wanting to play the Pahlavi dinasty civ with Vox Populi you can copy and paste the following chunk in the Uighur_Caesar's Iran Pahlavi Dynasty (v 1)\Support\Support.sql file

It adapts the xml code of the UB and UU to the changes of VP mod.
Note: I changed the class of the Literacy corp to paratrooper as in VP it unlocks at flight and upgrades into marines.

Code:
-- Gazebo's Community Balance Patch (Vox Populi)
-- COMMUNITY
------------------------------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS COMMUNITY (Type TEXT, Value INTEGER);
-- Building
UPDATE Buildings SET Cost = '500' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_UC_SAVAK' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Buildings SET GoldMaintenance = '4' WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_UC_SAVAK' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_BUILDINGS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Buildings
SET EspionageModifier = '-25'

UPDATE Buildings
SET BlockBuildingDestructionSpies = '1'

UPDATE Buildings
SET Defense = '500'
-- Units
UPDATE Units SET Combat = '37' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET BaseLandAirDefense = '8' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET Cost = '1259' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET FaithCost = '650' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Units SET Combat = '37' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_ACADEMY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );
UPDATE Units SET BaseLandAirDefense = '8' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_UC_ACADEMY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Units SET Class = 'UNITCLASS_PARATROOPER'

UPDATE Units SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_MOBILE_TACTICS'

UPDATE Civilization_UnitClassOverrides SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_PARATROOPER'
WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Language_en_US
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS_HELP' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

UPDATE Language_en_US
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_UC_LITERACY_CORPS_STRATEGY' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_UNITS' AND Value= 1 );

Cool, but you might wanna put this in UC's thread/that CBP civ compat thread/like anywhere that someone who wants to play Pavlova would actually see it...

(Also fwiw you shouldn't be putting the integers in apostrophes as this defines them as strings, and you can set multiple columns per update statement...)

Iroquois updated to fix issue related to the Cayuga Nation.

South Korea's UA (gain gold from finishing improvements) stopped working for me at some point in the game. Not sure exactly when this started or what triggered it, but believe somewhere start of Classical Era. Possibly related to the follower belief 'work ethic' (piety for creating improvement) since I don't think I saw them work together. Could be it started earlier already though...

I'm playing with JFDLC v55 (public version). Attached the logs. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• South Korea UA Gold.zip
    241.3 KB · Views: 172
Vietnam released! Get hype to see my least invested mod become my most popular :)

Stef I'll... like... do something about that at some point... the plan kinda didn't work shh

Ho updated to fix Mod Support, Tet Offensive, and to provide v22 YnAEMP support.

Ho Chi Minh updated to fix missing Espionage screen icon and to tidy up a non-serious error with the decisions.

I got production for a ship every time I bought that kind of ship even though I did not play as Pitt.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    106.6 KB · Views: 177
I notice that you worked on Vermont. Does it have TSL for YaEmp v25? It does not appear in the menu.

Probably not, given that it was released before v25 was. Database log might explain something.

[EDIT] Apparently this is my 2000th post :thinking[FAMILY_FRIENDLY_FORUM]: I swear the counter jumped or smth. Well w/e at least I reached it in a good place :happytibs:

Last edited:
I changed the effects of Prora and Kremlin :) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2596632480

An excerpt from my essay:
Spoiler :

As you may or may not know, many mods grant "Dummy Policies" to Players in order to track data or apply effects. These are all fine and dandy, broadly going unnoticed by the Player, but they have an unfortunate side effect in that they are counted by Prora's Happiness bonus! This usually isn't a big deal, but the effect obviously becomes more noticable the more Dummy Policies are in use - and when every Player happens to be in possession of around a hundred Dummy Policies, an advantage that might be considered "unfair" is conferred to the Player who is able to build Prora!

Thus, I thought about it for a bit, and thought about what Prora represents, and thought about how CIv V doesn't have a way in which to depict the middle class, and came up with a sorta boring but hopefully sufficiently powerful Prora rework:

Prora:
Requires Autocracy. +1 Gold for every four Population in each City. 1 Free Social Policy. Must be constructed in a Coastal City.

It retains its synergy with Autocracy's main role as the Domination ideology, by providing a counterbalance to Unit Maintenance costs and Unit Purchasing, and arguably benefits Autocracy moreso than before by diversifying the overwhelmingly Happiness-centric effects of the Autocracy tenets. With regards to its strength as a Wonder, I decided that the effect being comparable to Tithe would consequently deem the scaling to be similarly appropriate.

Guess you'll have to click on the link while signed into your Steam account to find out about Kremlin... and Like and Subscribe while you're there... and hit the bell too idk I don't make mods.

I also made this mod like two years ago woah, it's really bad and actively stunts the AI but y'know it was an interesting idea that I apparently didn't bring up here before.

And in actual Playable Civilization Content news, two of my friends released two of my mods that I wasn't going to release! I suppose we'll put some very large parentheses around "my" Venice since the design's really Urdnot's and there's obviously an entire other original Civ made by JakeWalrusWhale there too, but Attlee's Great Britain is thoroughbred Original Content Do Not Steal which was kindly completed by our good friend TranquilSilence because I'm indecisive to a fault.

See y'all in two years or smth I guess

Prora/Kremlin updated.

C15's Industrial Heritage

I had an idea! I didn't come up with a good name for it.

And updated, to fix the fact that I forgot to Resource-condition the CanStartMission and consequently stopped the Player from being able to dig Archaeological Sites outside their borders.

And updated, to fix the fact that I forgot to Resource-condition the CanStartMission and consequently stopped the Player from being able to dig Archaeological Sites outside their borders.

Updated again to hopefully fix all build condition bugs. I'm finding that in some cases, for unclear reasons, Landmarks will yield more than their intended +4 Culture on certain Plots: I don't know why, it isn't tied to any specific Resource, the closest common denominator I found in my last example was that it was happening around the same City but even then the extra Culture wasn't consistent (some getting +3 extra, others +4 extra) and there's no Building_ImprovementYieldChanges table that could enact such an anomaly anyway. Very mysterious, no-one's gonna have ideas for explanations but any are welcome. Otherwise it's w/e, not the end of the world, more Culture probably for the better tbh because I've come to appreciate more how good the pure Yields from the traditional Improvements can be under certain builds (but then ofc New Deal makes Landmarks better in the same way Five Year Plan buffs Mines etc so it comes down to a game-by-game basis).

Qajar Persia updated to v3, fixed a CTD that nobody has reported in 4 years that's pretty cool, also made the UU not completely broken so that's pretty nice.

Direct downloads on Steam page as always

Top Bottom