Caveman 2 Cosmos

Well, I tried that but nothing happened. Then after a few more turns, one of the nearby cities enlarged - the small enclosed wall disappeared - and I was back with the original situation with the vertical north south extension between my own civ and the 'pink' civ.

I have slowly worked on this area - adding forts etc - and have taken out two of the pink cities. This has left me with a small unclaimed area (now about 4 squares in size) around which the wall still shows its convoluted passage (screen shot attached)

I have also tried creating a new city in that unclaimed area but all that happened was that the game hung up (I did save the game prior to attempting that move). I have tried doing that in each of the residual squares with the same result.

Currently each square shows as 3% blue (me) 93% pink

Any further thoughts?

Alan

Attachments

• bizarre great wall 2.jpg
    bizarre great wall 2.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 165
Well not being able to save the BUG settings on game resume got a bit annoying after a while so I've found a fix crawling through the web.

Go to the Caveman2Cosmos mod folder (where you have Civ4 installed not the MyDocuments folder with your saves) and create a folder called UserSettings.

Then copy all ini files that are in the root folder of Caveman2Cosmos into this folder and voilá.

Hi guys, first of all I want to thank the developers for the best and greatest MOD or/and conglomeration of MODS for Civ4.

I also wanted to point out that I am unable to save my customized options in the BUG menu (ctrl-alt-O).
I have tried creating a specific profile, as it was suggested, with its own *.ini file and also save 2+ times after setting the options in the BUG menu.

The options stay saved until I exit the game to desktop, when I reload the game it's all back to default. It's no biggie since it doesn't take long to set them every time I boot up the saved game but I just thought you should know.

Running Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Where did you get the mod? That folder should have existed already.
Downloaded it from the first page, I've still got the zip.

Since you mentioned it I went to check and you are right the folder is in the zip but somehow did not extract.

Oops well looks like I created the problem in the first place unless it was deleted by the Windows 10 migration?. :o|

Awesome mod. But the struggles with pidgeons and penguins in the beginning of the game are ... well, too much. Why are those animals even attacking the prehistoric humans? Tigers, ok, snakes, ok ... but pidgeons?

Awesome mod. But the struggles with pidgeons and penguins in the beginning of the game are ... well, too much. Why are those animals even attacking the prehistoric humans? Tigers, ok, snakes, ok ... but pidgeons?

Also this is a bit less 'problematic' on size matters. There, animals have much more appropriate strength levels due to being able to have strength less than 1.

Unfortunately, that's not possible. It has little to do with the processor but very much with RAM, and Civ4 (originally from 2005) is a 32bit-program - that means, it can never access more than 4 GB RAM, and usually a lot less. What you are asking for would take more than 4 GB, so unless there is a 64bit version one day (unlikely, to say the least), it can not be done.

It would suffice if the exe-file was 64bit, but that has never been made open source, it is still owned by Firaxis - and some parts of the exe by other corporations, so even if they wanted to release the exe (unlikely), they couldn't do that.

What processor and how much RAM are needed to play C2C huge map comfortably in galactic era?

It can be done with much patience and starting the game with only a handfull of AI and No Option at game set up that allows more Civs to be generated (like Rev ON or Barb World or Barb Civ, etc.). Comfort level excluded, as turn times will be your Biggest enemy, especially if there are any wars afoot and units are being mass produced. Also the slower Game Speeds will add to the difficulty of making it to that target Era.

We try to dissuade players that think they can have 30 AI on a Huge map and play it on Eternity, Eon, or even Snail that far into the game. Especially with our "normal" Prehistoric Era start. You have a much better chance to do it on an Epic or Normal GS with a dozen AI Civs.

Now using Advanced Start you might make it to the Galactic Era. Depends on the Era to start in.

I have a 2nd gen i7 with 8GB of DDR3 10666Mhz ram and a Nvidia GTX 550 Ti card with 2GB ddr3 ram and I've made it into the Ren era from a Preh era start. My turn times were up in the 17-20min level before it MAF'd out on me. Huge map 12 AI and 2 major wars at that time.

But I also say if you got the patience go for it and see how far you can make it. We're always looking for feedback on late game.

JosEPh :)

What processor is needed to play comfortably C2C gigantic map (25 civs each 20 cities) with short waiting time?

What processor is needed to play comfortably C2C gigantic map (25 civs each 20 cities) with short waiting time?

As Civ 4 is a 32-bit program that runs on a single core, a processor with a high clock speed is more important than having many (but slower) cores.

As Civ 4 is a 32-bit program that runs on a single core, a processor with a high clock speed is more important than having many (but slower) cores.

Yeah I forgot to add that my 2nd Gen i7 is the 2600K @3.4Ghz. But I have never tried to overclock it.

JosEPh

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or the 'bug' thread.

The Bizzy culture unit (Cataphract?) is actually inferior to the knight unit it replaces. The text says it loses the immunity to first strike but is stronger, when in fact they are both 13 STR.

I do realize that a land combat unit review is in the future, but I thought I'd point this out to be sure it got listed/noted.

Yeah I forgot to add that my 2nd Gen i7 is the 2600K @3.4Ghz. But I have never tried to overclock it.

JosEPh

The K in 2600K means that CPU is of exceptional production quality and should be very stable in an overclocked state. At a more technical level, it is also the only models that have core multiplers (tied to clock frequency manipulation) unlocked which makes it quite easy to overclock it.

___
Edit:
@Joe: :wavey:
___

The K in 2600K means that CPU is of exceptional production quality and should be very stable in an overclocked state. At a more technical level, it is also the only models that have core multiplers (tied to clock frequency manipulation) unlocked which makes it quite easy to overclock it.

:D Yeah all that too!

And Hello Toffer! :)

JosEPh

Also this is a bit less 'problematic' on size matters. There, animals have much more appropriate strength levels due to being able to have strength less than 1.

Yes. But why do pidgeons attack prehistoric homo saniens? Or penguins? I don't get it ...

Yes. But why do pidgeons attack prehistoric homo saniens? Or penguins? I don't get it ...

I don't get why we have combat that kills units before the agricultural revolution in the bronze age, but it happens in game, and that is the reason - it is a game and things need to work and balance.

I don't get why we have combat that kills units before the agricultural revolution in the bronze age, but it happens in game, and that is the reason - it is a game and things need to work and balance.

With the separation of the NEW three animals i dont think they attack anymore??? not too sure, Toffer would know better, i think??

Top Bottom