[BTS] SGOTM 24 Xteam

I wouldn't have done anything differently. It seems like really bad luck to run into a Warrior that early. In the test, I never saw anything but animals in that timeframe.

Yep

I've just aprove my exams of this month, so yep, I won't be busy until april, when I'll be really busy.

I can play this turnset.

Just need to know everything, as it will be my first SGOTM turnset.

Yep

I've just aprove my exams of this month, so yep, I won't be busy until april, when I'll be really busy.

I can play this turnset.

Just need to know everything, as it will be my first SGOTM turnset.

By everything I meant a resume of all I must report and to check how to access it. I ask this in order to avoid any beginner mistakes, which I'm usually prone to.

Ej

a.- change in ini file.

b.- log report

c.-

d.-

e.-

and were or how to find them.

Interesting. I've never heard of Windows Explorer. Do I have it if I have Windows 10, and where would I find it?
It's been in every version of Windows since 95, you probably just don't recognise the name - it's represented by a small yellow folder on your taskbar or desktop.

It's been in every version of Windows since 95, you probably just don't recognise the name - it's represented by a small yellow folder on your taskbar or desktop.
Got that. It's just called file explorer on my taskbar, and contains four folders that I never access (at lest not by clicking on file explorer). Would the Buffy Log go into one of those?.

By everything I meant a resume of all I must report and to check how to access it. I ask this in order to avoid any beginner mistakes, which I'm usually prone to.

Ej

a.- change in ini file.

b.- log report

c.-

d.-

e.-

and were or how to find them.

For a & b, see post #192. Once you find the log on your computer, just copy and paste.

c. Even if you change the autosave, I would recommend manually saving every turn. Sometimes we want to look back at a previous turn and check espionage/demographics/etc. screens.

d. Go back and copy one of the previous PPPs. That will help you keep track of everything that needs to be planned. Use the test game to figure out timing for various milestones (buildings, units, improvements, techs).

e. Figure out how many turns you plan to play (anywhere from 10 to 20 is normal) and post a PPP for that period. We'll compare results from testing and discuss details of city and worker management.

f. Download the latest save from http://gotm.civfanatics.net/submit/civ4sgotm_submission_list.php
Once you've actually played some turns, upload the last save at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/submit/civ4sgotm.php
It helps if you remember to Pause the game before you save it for the last time.

g. When you write up your report, it should include:
Link to the game save, summary of how it went, Buffy log, CFC log (optional in my opinion), screenshots are nice too

For a & b, see post #192. Once you find the log on your computer, just copy and paste.

c. Even if you change the autosave, I would recommend manually saving every turn. Sometimes we want to look back at a previous turn and check espionage/demographics/etc. screens.

d. Go back and copy one of the previous PPPs. That will help you keep track of everything that needs to be planned. Use the test game to figure out timing for various milestones (buildings, units, improvements, techs).

e. Figure out how many turns you plan to play (anywhere from 10 to 20 is normal) and post a PPP for that period. We'll compare results from testing and discuss details of city and worker management.

f. Download the latest save from http://gotm.civfanatics.net/submit/civ4sgotm_submission_list.php
Once you've actually played some turns, upload the last save at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/submit/civ4sgotm.php
It helps if you remember to Pause the game before you save it for the last time.

g. When you write up your report, it should include:
Link to the game save, summary of how it went, Buffy log, CFC log (optional in my opinion), screenshots are nice too

Ok thanks zbgayumn, just what I was thinking about::D:D:D:D:D

OK

for the next turn set

we need to discuss some... disgustingly disturbing data.

just look at the ***** power spikes of those ******* and their scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jajajajajaja

It's notoriously impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't find an adecuate hyperbole.

It (1) clearly means they have go for a conquest without resources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or (2) they made some invasions using catapults + other units??????????????? jajaja

Dancing bears; nostalgia and turbo ants have between 55 and 59 of "power"

unusual suspects 44

we 11

at this precise turn, which is 33, every team had between our current 11 and nostalgias's "exceptional" 21, with a average of: (21+15+14+14+11)/5 = 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this means Dancing bears; nostalgia and turbo ants went form averaging 17 to 57 in only 35 turns. and as theirs power spikes are quite irregular, they warmonged a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scores of each team show an extremly tight correlation with theirs power, meaning they they wiped out a couple of AI's!!!

I really want to know more; about the other teams, and about each of yours respective opinions, before starting the next turnset:D:D:D:D

OK

for the next turn set

we need to discuss some... disgustingly disturbing data.

just look at the ***** power spikes of those ******* and their scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to know more; about the other teams, and about each of yours respective opinions, before starting the next turnset:D:D:D:D

Ok, let's just slow down and get some perspective here. No need to panic. :run:

61 on the power graph isn't that much. How do I know that? Because the test game tells me that I can reach 61 (aka 61000 soldiers on the Demographics screen) by T74 without trying very hard. Remember that certain techs add to your power rating, so once we finish Mining, BW, and Wheel, we're already catching up to the other teams.

On T74, I have 5 warriors and 3 Dog Soldiers. That's no conquering army, that's just basic defense. that 61 on the power graph would be the same as nostalgia, who is leading in Power. So, in reality, no one is creating an army of DS's to attack with.

So let's just stick with REX over the next 40 or 50 turns. We'll be right in the race with the other teams.

Here are some thoughts on the next turnset:

1. Again, it's very important to start working the 2nd Fur on the first turn it's available. It allows us to finish BW on the 17 :gold: we get from 1 turn at 0% Research. If we miss it, it takes two more turns to get BW.

2. While we're building the Library, Oak can grow into unhappiness (Size 6). We have two options here, we can bring a warrior in from fogbusting to provide a garrison OR we can start a Settler one turn before we grow to size 6. I like the latter option because we can then 2-pop whip the settler and finish the library the next turn.

3. We can send the 4th warrior out to take the place of the NE fogbuster, and send that warrior toward the desert. It's slower than the scout, but it's only option we have for exploring now.

4. I still like the idea of letting Birch grow to Size 2 while building a warrior. Once we finish BW, we can time a whip so that Birch goes down to Size 1, but regrows to 2 IBT. Then the overflow goes into a worker. It also gets us a little extra cash.

In order to avoid sending another scout to his death, I think we need a DS after Lib/Settler. The DS can fogbust the Stone site and make it more feasible for a scout to make it through the desert.

Top Bottom